Author Topic: FULL RECAP - TPiR 06/15/2009  (Read 37059 times)

Offline Joe_Capitano

• Double Showcase Winner
FULL RECAP - TPiR 06/15/2009
« on: June 15, 2009, 11:57:44 AM »
The Price is Right - June 15, 2009
Production #4801K - Taped May 27, 2009

Drew: stage entrance
First Four lineup: mixed
Handoff: Lanisha

Models of the Day: Lanisha Cole, Amber Lancaster and Rachel Reynolds
Wearing: boston proper

1   Outdoor Theater System (A)
4-GLEMIOUS *2349 2-JEFFREY 1750 3-McCALL 1599 1-KATHERINE 1 ($2999)

Glemious from Washington - the state - plays DOUBLE PRICES for an Outdoor Kitchen Package (R)

$7995
($7995)LOSS
$6995PICK

2   Dahon Helios Foldign Bicycle (L)
MILDRED 875 +Jeffrey 750 +McCall 525 +Katherine *615 ($729)

Katherine from Dallas, TX plays ONE AWAY for a Ford F-150 (Std., Prot)(A)

Setup1st Try2nd TryPrices
2 2 4 6 5– 3 5 7 –– – – – –– – – 7 6
3 3 5 7 62 4 6 8 52 2 4 6 52 2 4 8 7
4 4 6 8 73 – – – 63 3 5 7 63 3 5 – –
2 RIGHTLOSS

3   Dell Desktop Computer (A&R)
Mildred 2100 +Jeffrey 1225 +McCall 1101 JOHN *820 ($972)

John from Salt Lake City, UT plays HI LO for an Ashley Carlisle Bedroom Group and a Strobel Supplepedic Sleep Set (L)($5877)

(5) Capzasin HP (1.5 oz)$14.09
'HI' ROW(4) Orange Ginger Aromatherapy Soap6.00
(1) 9Lives Daily Essentials7.66
(2) Gold Bond Powder7.27
'LO' ROW(3) V8 Vegetable Cocktail (6 pk)3.69
(6) (Tide To Go) Stain Remover3.29LOSS

SHOWDOWN #1Spinoff
$729Katherine45 + 25.70.85Through to Showcase Round
972John50 + 20.70.30
2,999Glemious45 + 95OV

4   Bull Longhorn BBQ Cart (R)
Mildred *1200 +Jeffrey 650 +McCall 849 CARRIE 845 ($2800)

Midred plays 1 RIGHT PRICE

His/Hers Workout Wardrobe (R)$1643
sportsauthority.com 5-Station Home Gym (A)$1643$1195LOSS

5   Line 6 Laguna Electric Guitar (A&L w/Isao playing)
SHANE 1400 +Jeffrey 1500 +McCall 999 Carrie *1 ($699)

Carrie plays ANY NUMBER

Picks: 5 7 9 8 0 4
Hyundai Elantra GLS (Std., 2.0l, AT, Popular, AutoArmor, WheelLock)(L)$1 8,– – –($18,261)
Cutco Homemaker+8 Knife Set (R)$9 4 5LOSS
That Damned Piggy Bank$7.– 0(7.30)

Seems we have some leftovers in the Row. Jeffrey and McCall have been buddies from the start. However, their togetherness may be costly. Mimi's got the papers from the "First Four" Breakfast Club and someone's will be served shortly. Meanwhile, there's another lingering reality. No games won, and that skunk singing Chevalier has just chased off Isao. Will the peanut gallery have to suffer through a concerto? The answers follow presently...

6   Royal Prestige Cookware (A)
Shane 600 +Jeffrey 550 +McCall *751 PATRICIA 750 ($3159)

Jeffrey heads off to the clubhouse while McCall plays PUNCHBOARD to save us from the suffering (This is an evil trick, you guys!)

Photo Album$50LOWER$38*(12)500SKUNKED!
5-Speed Blender60HIGHER50
(Bushnell) GPS Compass80LOWER90
(Caron) Bluetooth Speaker115LOWER130

SHOWDOWN #2Triple Spinoff
$1,644Carrie95 stay.95.05
2,800Mildred35 + 60.95.30   .20   .90Through to Showcase Round
3,697McCall95 stay.95.30   .20   .85

SHOWCASE ROUND
Mildred has the honor.

SC1-Katherine BEST...SUMMER...EVER
2 Teak Chaise Lounges/Patio Umbrella (A)
Trip to the Barbados (6n @ Divi)(L)
Yamaha VX110 Waverunner (R)
BID$14,250
PRICE19,145
DIFF–4,895
TOTAL$19,874
SC2-Mildred amazingclubs.com Dinners Of The Month (12 mo)(L)
Trip to New York (4n @ Westin)
Trip to Tokyo (6n)
¥191,530*(A)
BID$20,150
PRICE16,960
DIFFOVER

Today's Pricing Games: 0 for 6
Total Winnings: $31,986

* - $2000 in US terms

THIS IS THE ONLY OFFICIAL GOLDEN-ROAD.net SHOW RECAP.
REPRODUCTION PROHIBITED WITHOUT AUTHOR PERMISSION.

« Last Edit: June 16, 2009, 12:40:23 AM by Joe_Capitano »

Offline GoldenBulldog

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Creative Writer, Loyal Friend and True
    • My Faceook Page
Re: FULL RECAP - TPiR 06/15/2009
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2009, 01:38:06 PM »
This was the 3rd of the three shows that I was in the audience for, and I truly must say that--even though I always try to stay positive about "The Price is Right" in general--this show screamed of epic failure save for a few bright spots.

For starters, the pages must've been drinking too much because they were seating audience members 10 minutes prior to showtime; audience members were being situated in "Winner's Row" (the places where the contestants sit after playing their games).  Meanwhile, I was #066 for this taping, but the pages pulled a few single-party audience members to the side; those people got spots in whatever was left over after everyone else was seated, and I got shoved all the way to the back row next to sound mixer David Vaughn's booth underneath the giant TPIR logo next to wherever the audience files in from.  Suffice it to say--and please feel free to censor me even though this is coming from my heart--I was really pissed after the taping had ended.  I was pissed off and wiped out:  which is not a really good combination for me.  Add to the fact that an entire section of the audience sitting in front of me DID NOT APPLAUD OR CHEER--they sat there and did NOTHING throughout the whole damn show--and you have epic fail.  Period.  :-x

Second, I have no idea what Stan was drinking on this day, but this set of contestants today--except for Mildred--screamed of epic fail.  You had one who was always asking "does your picture come with the prize?" or something on those lines, and you had another one who was a wee bit over the top when it came down to the "sound effects lady" gag in One Away.  On the other hand, the only bright spot today was Mildred, who won one of the greatest spin battles that I have personally seen.  I have never before seen a 2OT spin-off before, but a 3OT spin-off!?  That was the fun spot today.

As for today's lineup, it screamed of epic fail.  No...not epic fail, ABSOLUTE FAIL!  I mean, Punchy 6th is cool and all, but the rest of today's lineup was just plain god-awful.  ALL SIX--count 'em, ALL SIX--pricing games were the games that I saw two days prior to when this show was taped!  That's right, the games that I saw during today's show (taped 5/27 @ 12:00 PM) were the same damn games that I saw played during the 12:00 PM taping on 5/25!  Fail, fail, and more fail.

As for today's Showcases, I called for "The Big One" in chat today, and we sure did have a "Big One" in chat.  I felt really bad for Mildred because she got saddled with another evil random-trip Showcase.  The good news about today is that I can start making plans for next year's trip out to L.A.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2009, 01:47:32 PM by GoldenBulldog »
I just wanted to drop you a note and thank you for your love, affection and loyalty to me, drew, the models and.... The Price is Right....thank you for being such a "Loyal Friend & True". -Rich Fields (in an e-mail sent to me on 3/17/2010)

I support The Price is Right...even if nobody I know likes Drew Carey.

Offline UniquePerspective

• Double Showcase Winner
  • The More You Know.
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2009, 01:53:32 PM »
ALL SIX--count 'em, ALL SIX--pricing games were the games that I saw two days prior to when this show was taped!  That's .

*coughAnyNumberisntCoverUpcough* *coughOneRightPriceisntFreezeFramecough*

Seriously though, 4 out of 6 IS ridiculous. I suppose different weeks gave them a mild excuse, but that's gotta be rough for the audience members who were there for both.

Also, this is starting to get to epidemic level with trips. Can't we just have cars...or...boats...or even TRAILERS as top prizes again? I'll even take motorcycles. But there's so many trips now.
Yeah...let's make this current shall we?

Season 39 CSS Stats:
Games: 7 Top 10 Finishes: 2 Top 5 Finishes: 1 Overs: 3 DSW:0 WSD: 0 GOTC: 3 WOTC: 0

Offline William

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Thanks for the memories, Bob!
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2009, 01:55:13 PM »
Is it just me or did the double prices podium seem a lighter shade of blue today?
$1,016,378 cash & prizes given away by me in my HYOs!

• Double Showcase Winner
  • The More You Know.
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2009, 02:05:42 PM »
*coughignorethefirstpartofmypostandreplaceitiwiththiscough* *coughCoverUpisnotOneAway* cough.

There...read it wrong the first time but...stil. :p

Season 39 CSS Stats:
Games: 7 Top 10 Finishes: 2 Top 5 Finishes: 1 Overs: 3 DSW:0 WSD: 0 GOTC: 3 WOTC: 0

Offline Kirsten Vaccaro

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Me On February 27, 2016
    • It's My Facebook Page.
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2009, 02:08:46 PM »
Today show was okay Drew did a good job as host.

I give today show a B-
A Big Rich Fields Drew Carey And Jeff Davis Fan For Ever From Kirsten

Rich Fields Thanks Kirsten. I pick out and supply all of my own clothing. That light gray suit is hard to pair with shirts and ties... but I think the lavender shirt and purple patterned tie pulled it all together.

My Favorite Announcers On The Price Is Right Are Johnny Olson Rod Roddy Rich Fields Jeff Davis.

I Met And Took Two Pictures With Jeff Davis On May 24, 2012 He Is So Nice And Kind In Person.

Rich Fields said this about Drew Carey will always be the first to defend Drew (Carey). He's one of the most genuine, down to earth people in Hollywood that I've ever met. He was the first to come to me and tell me that the show was going in a different direction. He assured me it was not his decision to let me go and I believe him. No one else was open and honest about it, but Drew was. We've continued working together on different projects and we stay in regular touch. We'll be good friends well into the future.

Offline therealcu2010

• Director
  • Acknowledge Me!
    • Buy a Vowel Boards, A Wheel of Fortune Community
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2009, 02:11:51 PM »
Is it just me or did the double prices podium seem a lighter shade of blue today?

It's not you...the DP podium was repainted a little while back to a lighter shade of blue. It's been like that for a little while now.
"Nobody cares about the guest stars." - Roger Dobkowitz

"Change isn't always good. Sometimes changing things is a terrible mistake." - Bob Barker

People are tired of the f**kery and drama, but if we'd actually talk to each other sometimes instead of a whole bunch of private conversations with other people, it'd go a long way to perhaps fixing the problems most seem to see in the site.

Offline res0xn12

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2009, 02:17:36 PM »

As for today's lineup, it screamed of epic fail.  No...not epic fail, ABSOLUTE FAIL!  I mean, Punchy 6th is cool and all, but the rest of today's lineup was just plain god-awful. 

*STANDING OVATION*

This is starting to get ridiculous with the repetitious lineups and games!    Why can't we get some different stuff?  We had time for some other games today, even if Punchboard was on the lineup!!!!!  

Also, this is starting to get to epidemic level with trips.

We're beyond epidemic.... I'd call it now a Phase 6 pandemic!   Showcases should be different, yes, but not have trips all the time.  Put in some cars, I agree....

Offline rob79

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2009, 02:52:58 PM »
Thanks for the report, Bully. Man, that's got to stink seeing almost all the same games you had already seen on a previous taping. The lineup might be a "fail" but the slotting sure wasn't.

Even though Punch a Bunch last is very, very awesome, I still don't like seeing the same games week after week, day after day. C'mon guys, pull out Dice Game or Card Game (it feels like forever since Card Game's been played). Show us a little variety in the lineups. This is beyond ridiculous, it's to the point of being atrocious.

What's up with all the trips being  the anchor prizes in the showcases? C'mon give us at least some boats, trailers or even motorcycles as the top prizes. This is getting atrocious.

The entire staff must have already mailed it in for this season. I have a feeling it ain't gonna go out with a bang.

• Double Showcase Winner
  • The More You Know.
« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2009, 02:56:05 PM »
To be fair though, the Waverunner WAS the top prize of showcase 1 today. :p But it almost doesn't feel it with the frequency of these trips.

Season 39 CSS Stats:

Offline mikebev25

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2009, 02:57:32 PM »
Well, the lineup really wasn't anything to write home about, but I did think it was better than Friday's disaster. But this one was still pretty boring. Punchboard 6th was a nice treat though. I hope Adam starts putting some of the other cashers (especially Bag or Halfy) 6th more often. And Double Prices really does not do it in the 1 hole for me. Too boring and quick for a first game, plus it feels blatantly out of place for some reason.

Dubba: Sheesh. Both prices end in the same three numbers?!?! No wonder it wasn't won.
OA: I liked Katherine's enthusiasm. But, this one is tough for a Joe Plinko. Most regular people would think a car ends in 5 instead of a 7, not knowing the whole Paint and Fabric Protection rule. This is also at least the 3rd time I remember seeing this truck this season (once on Any Number, once on Cover Up).
Hi Lo: That hand soap would have gotten me too. Pretty much all of those products looked somewhat expensive. The Gold Bond can be frustrating and tough to gauge with all the different sizes.
1RP: Both were much cheaper than I expected. Designer crap claims another victim. You had to really be pulling for someone like Mildred.
Any Number: Thought the cutlery set was less than that. Interesting to see a Hyundai.
Punchy: Tough SPs. But, you have to admit, considering there was one only one punch, much worse than $500 could have been won.

SCSDs: Epic showdown. I was pulling for Mildred. McCall (or whatever her name was) came across as a drama queen who was taking the show too seriously.

SCs: Pretty straightforward. More trips. There's a shocker. Let's at least get an occasional trailer or boat if we absolutely can't have cars. I was surprised at how cheap 2 was. Thought dinners for a year would be $$$$.

Poor, poor show to begin the week.
Retired Games that should be brought back:
Barker's Bargain Bar, Buy or Sell, Superball!, Super Saver, Split Decision, Give or Keep, Hurdles, Penny Ante, Walk of Fame

Offline Punchboard91

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #11 on: June 15, 2009, 03:04:52 PM »
I would have won Double Prices simply because of the color of the price tags. And I'm not even kidding.  :P

One Away was set up to be lost exactly how it played it. 5 and 7 shouldn't be options for the last number unless 5 is right.

I was looking at the products in Hi Lo as they were described thinking "That's got to be in the high row....so is that....so is that" for all except the V8. That was tough.

Workout clothes and excercise equipment? I understand that they go together, but if you don't like working out (like myself  :P), it's pointless. I think they should have 2 unrelated things in games like this.

On a side note, I would have picked the excercise equipment, simply because I figured the clothes were more expensive. Go figure.

Any Number gets played a lot, don't it?

It's the Punchboard. Yay. Somehow, I'm lessed enthused about this game when there's only 1 punch won. But hey, I'd take $500 easily.  :P

Showcase Showdown number 2 was fun to watch.  :-)

Offline GR WHAMMY

• Walking the Golden Road
  • Just wants to enjoy the show!
« Reply #12 on: June 15, 2009, 03:30:57 PM »
Was this the first time since Drew started hosting that there has been a Triple OT on the big wheel?
Just wants to enjoy the show!
HYO WINNINGS: $3675

Offline rob79

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #13 on: June 15, 2009, 03:40:52 PM »
And Double Prices really does not do it in the 1 hole for me. Too boring and quick for a first game, plus it feels blatantly out of place for some reason.

Double Prices ain't a bad first game in my opinion. I mean yeah it's boring and quick--but we could also say that about 1 Right Price. Honestly, i'm glad to see DP being played 1st.

Speaking of 1 Right Price, I was surprised to see that. I mean Switch? is due any day now and I thought Switch? would show before 1RP.

Offline godard

• In the Audience
« Reply #14 on: June 15, 2009, 03:53:03 PM »
I swear I heard Cue 19 twice today... during the first pricing game as well as Any Number.