Author Topic: FULL RECAP - TPiR 06/15/2009  (Read 37021 times)

Offline Wayoshi

• CSS Host
  • The production values Evelyn SHOULD strive for.
    • My Youtube
Re: FULL RECAP - TPiR 06/15/2009
« Reply #15 on: June 15, 2009, 03:59:59 PM »
I am very patient with this show as a whole, but these past six shows have made about 90% of that go away. It isn't even that much stupidity gameplay-wise - although in every skunking, there is a little, and I'll get to that. It's just been HARD to win EVERYTHING recently - not just the car games. Themeless SCs have finally tired out on me and are super-cheap - what the hell? I am hopeful some great single show broke the budget and it'll show up in Couples Price Friday. Is it all the DSWs (8)? No one's gotten to the big prize in Goldy. Car wins are still overall low, even though we had a couple of 2/2 PGs + SC w/ car won combos recently. It's frustrating to not understand why we need budget mode now, unless at the end of the season they always want to minimize things. But MAN - without Roger, it is extremely conspicuous what is going on, and that is probably the main problem in all of this - Greco is extremely inferior to DOB in her ability.

-Lineup: Adam gave us a nice one today, with DP starting off and Punchy nicely last.
-Skunking: -3
-DP: WTF, this was even worse than last time. >_< (I did have this price memorized) 8/10
-OA: I aced this in 5 seconds. I was hoping for 24665 so she'd win it like the Subaru, but it played out as expected. 8/10
-H/L: I'm split whether this was hard or not. The soap didn't look that high. 7/10
-SD1: 4/5
-ORP: This was the stupid play of the day. Home gym. has. a. nice. price. Clothes. add. up. to. a. weird. price. 7/10
-A#: Blah. 7/10
-Punchy: Hopeless. 7/10
-SD2: Nice to see, I guess, but no dollar. 5/5
-SC1: Not going to give the expected stuff a comment anymore, like showdown. 4/5
-SC2: 4/5
-Results: Wow, 2 was really cheap. Learned that the dinner membership is <500, hmmph. 8/10
-Drew: What was up with H/L? Really seemed down today overall too. 7/10

PGs: 44/60
SDs: 9/10
SCs: 16/20
Drew: 7/10

76 - 3 = 73 --> C
S5x... the show's stabilized into something decent now, I guess...

Offline pricefan1991

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #16 on: June 15, 2009, 04:05:16 PM »
Wow, I guess I didn't miss much by not seeing today's show.

A skunking and horrible setups, a normal day at 33.

Offline Cartboy

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #17 on: June 15, 2009, 04:16:02 PM »
One Away:  Yet another evil setup!
SCSD#2:  It seemed like it was never going to end, but it was neat to see a 3-way tie though.
Showcases:  Too many trips (again!)! I could think of better prizes to end Showcase 1 with, such as a jeep or a convertible.  I mean, I have nothing against waverunners, I just think a convertible or a jeep would've worked better. 

Not too good today, IMHO.
Velvet Sky - 2 time Knockouts Champion, the hottest Knockout, and my favorite Knockout!!

Offline leafsfan17

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #18 on: June 15, 2009, 04:22:22 PM »
That One Away steup was just begging for a loss. On the plus side, however, that three way tie in the second showcase showdown was interesting to see.
Dr. Pepper: Not recommended for Skype chats

Offline pinball777

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #19 on: June 15, 2009, 04:30:53 PM »
Was this the first time since Drew started hosting that there has been a Triple OT on the big wheel?

No, there was one case last season near the middle with everyone getting 95 I believe. Not sure on date.

Offline joeyboy

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #20 on: June 15, 2009, 05:02:32 PM »
I’m not going to go game-by-game today like I usually do, only because I only have a few things that I want to say about this episode today. First off, I enjoyed seeing Double Prices first. I say this because it’s rarely seen in the first slot. I also say this, because to me, it’s nicer to see it played in slots other than fourth or sixth.

Also, Punch-a-Bunch last for the first time since November 3rd., 2005 was a nice little treat as well. I agree with Rob, the games in the lineup were redundant, but the slotting was nice.

We also had another rare sighting in the form of a 3-way tie.

Offline William

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Thanks for the memories, Bob!
« Reply #21 on: June 15, 2009, 05:37:08 PM »
It's not you...the DP podium was repainted a little while back to a lighter shade of blue. It's been like that for a little while now.

Well yeah but this is the first playing of DP that I've seen since I've been out of school. I thought it might have been like that.
$1,016,378 cash & prizes given away by me in my HYOs!

Offline BRB_TheFireball

• Double Showcase Winner
  • A Man Without A Forum
    • The Fireball on Golden-Road.net
« Reply #22 on: June 15, 2009, 05:57:56 PM »
Opening:  Hello, BigJon! :-D

Dubble:  God, I wish Side By Side would be played first now.

Punchy:  There's a good way to assure that today's show would be winless--play Punchy last and make the SPs damn near impossible.

SCSD #2:  And this was the highlight of an otherwise mundane episode.  A three-way tie at 95 cents that ultimately became a triple overtime.

My showcase bids:
Barbados/waverunner--$24,107
New York/Japan--$16,107
Well, this week was supposed to be a return to normalcy, but that's clearly not allowed.  Since you feel there is no need for this week's FPG to continue, I feel there is no need to continue as an FPG host or a G-R.net member.  Since most people are so desperate to push me out of here, why delay it?  I would have preferred that everybody publicly admitted it rather than string me along for the last two days, but it is what it is.  I am hereby resigning as FPG host and moderator, effective immediately.  whammy007 is the new permanent host.  No R-rated rant or airing of grievances from me.  Just a polite "goodbye for good".

--Fireball to Chelsea, 1/15/16

Offline GR WHAMMY

• Walking the Golden Road
  • Just wants to enjoy the show!
« Reply #23 on: June 15, 2009, 06:42:31 PM »
No, there was one case last season near the middle with everyone getting 95 I believe. Not sure on date.

I mean 3 spin-offs
Just wants to enjoy the show!
HYO WINNINGS: $3675

Offline rob79

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #24 on: June 15, 2009, 06:51:31 PM »
Punchy:  There's a good way to assure that today's show would be winless--play Punchy last and make the SPs damn near impossible.

That just really bothers me when the game is hard enough to win as it is---at least the big money--why go to all the trouble to make all the SP's so tough at best 1 is gonna be won. Honestly, I'm surprised today wasn't a wipeout. They do that with the SP's here and they do so with Plinko. I just wanna know what in the world they're thinking.

Oh yeah, forgot to mention this earlier about the winless show. I truly believe those in charge have something against pricing games being won. Seriously. I'm honestly surprised we haven't seen more and frankly, with all the 1 win or 2 win shows we've seen this season we really could have had more. These setups (and i'm all for difficult setups) are borderline unfair and bizzarre.

Offline wink87

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #25 on: June 15, 2009, 07:07:19 PM »
With the difficulty of these small prizes in the Punchboard game, it wouldn't surprise me to see a wipeout, which hasn't happened since 1982.

Offline katrinka_ohio

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #26 on: June 15, 2009, 07:15:10 PM »
I was so pulling for Mildred, but I knew she overbid her showcase. 
Go fellow Buckeye Drew!

Offline heelsrule1988

• Double Showcase Winner
    • My Deal or No Deal recaps
« Reply #27 on: June 15, 2009, 09:44:48 PM »
What an awful stretch we're having. Wins are hard to come by, nothing is being won at the wheel, and we have a skunking today. Not what we want to see in the homestretch of Season 37.

BEST CONTESTANT OF THE DAY: Glemious
SHOW GRADE: 2

Offline catdogwheel

• Double Showcase Winner
    • www.meijer.com
« Reply #28 on: June 15, 2009, 10:24:17 PM »
Bulldog, I have to agree that this show was a failure. The pricing in the games was so ugly that it actually annoyed me to death! I keep stupidly thinking that the producers are finally getting it; then we see an episode like this!

When I saw the angle of the Price Tag and the car I thought we would see Dice Game today. However there was nothing wrong with One Away.

Seems like Any Number is starting to be redundant like Money Game, Lucky 7, and TTM.

Showcases: GOOD LORD stop relying on trips as the big prize! Throw in some variety examples you staffers can use to add variety : a boat, a trailer, watercrafts, or even a new car!
Now you can buy groceries by the case at www.meijer.com and Remember "The power of the price compels you!"

"Heal the world we live in, save it for our children" - Michael Jackson 1958-2009 Rest In Peace

Offline Mallory16

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Icon by Gemma Moody
« Reply #29 on: June 16, 2009, 12:42:34 AM »
Quote from: GoldenBulldog
Second, I have no idea what Stan was drinking on this day, but this set of contestants today--except for Mildred--screamed of epic fail.

Bully, Bully, Bully... we don't share much in taste, do we?  You didn't like any of my favorite three contestants today, and outright blasted two of them :P!

First, since you didn't specifically complain about Glemious, may I ask why you didn't like her?  She was a genuinely fun screamer.  Those are usually fun to have around, and I felt Glemious was no exception there :).

You had one who was always asking "does your picture come with the prize?" or something on those lines

I thought McCall was a lot of fun, actually.  Just seemed so hyped into it all, and the whole picture thing was just a fun little thing.  She was very aware of all the goings on, and a lot of fun for it.

and you had another one who was a wee bit over the top when it came down to the "sound effects lady" gag in One Away.

Katherine may have been a little over the top with it, but I'm just convinced she's a loyal friend and true more than anything else for it, knowing how the routine works, and putting her own little twist on it.  It was a bit over the top, admittedly, but I thought she was pretty enjoyable, regardless.