Author Topic: Wheel of Fortune airing before official premiere date?  (Read 6141 times)

Offline JohnHolder

• Double Showcase Winner
Re: Wheel of Fortune airing before official premiere date?
« Reply #15 on: May 06, 2009, 08:54:13 AM »
after Dream House premiered and KYW picked that up

Dream House was produced by Group W, KYW's parent company. That's about what it took to get KYW to carry NBC daytime shows in those days.

John

Offline imhomerjay

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #16 on: May 06, 2009, 02:38:29 PM »
Dream House was produced by Group W, KYW's parent company. That's about what it took to get KYW to carry NBC daytime shows in those days.

John

Indeed.  My only chance to watch MGHS was on a trip to the shore, when it aired on WMGM.  My family would normally vacation in the Poconos, and I loved the chance to see Classic Concentration on WBRE before heading out to the lake in the morning.  KYW later picked up the CC reruns, but not when it was in originals.  But hey, we got to see Group W's classic "Couch Potatoes."

Offline Ccook

• Double Showcase Winner
  • 67 years of The Price Is Right
« Reply #17 on: May 06, 2009, 03:50:55 PM »
MGHS was aired here by WXIA, then was replaced with repeats of The Waltons by early February 1984. WXIA picked up Classic Concentration two weeks after its premiere (22 years ago this past Monday)--they were running Wordplay on a delay to 10:30 and was running it to its finale. WTLK/channel 14 (now WPXA) ran the CC replays.
"No man is exempt from saying silly things; the mischief is to say them deliberately."
--Michel de Montaigne

Offline ssetta

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #18 on: June 20, 2009, 12:16:30 AM »
I have now found out all the air times for Wheel and Jeopardy! on WNEV Channel 7 in Boston.

September 19, 1983
Wheel debuts at 5:30 PM

September 10, 1984
Jeopardy! debuts at 9:00 AM

September 9, 1985
Jeopardy! moves to 5:00 PM, right before Wheel

January 2, 1986
Jeopardy! moves once again to 4:00 PM (and it isn't even a Monday, I wonder why they chose this day)

August 10, 1987
Wheel of Fortune moves to 7:00 PM

September 7, 1987
Jeopardy! moves to 7:30 PM, right after Wheel, leaving previous season reruns of J! still on at 4:00 PM

September 3, 2001
Both Wheel of Fortune and Jeopardy! leave WHDH, and move to WSBK, which was then UPN38.

Offline nowhammies11

• Double Showcase Winner
  • The blood of angry men, the dark of ages past
    • The Whammy's Blog
« Reply #19 on: June 20, 2009, 11:44:40 AM »
Really? Did you HAVE to bump this thread to post that?

Frank, if you don't mind, please.
YOU CAN NEVER STOP :clipboard: