Author Topic: Roger Dobkowitz on Facebook  (Read 5317 times)

Offline TPIRFAN1964

• Taking a Bonus Spin
Roger Dobkowitz on Facebook
« on: June 19, 2009, 10:16:09 AM »
If this is in the wrong place, Mods. feel free to move it. 

I just wanted to let all TPIR fans know that Roger Dobkowitz is a member of Facebook. He just accepted my invitation to be added.   Here's a link to join

http://www.facebook.com

Just to let everyone know also, I am a member of Facebook.  PM me and I will tell you my name or e-mail address so you can add me if you like.

« Last Edit: June 19, 2009, 01:31:39 PM by temptation1979ga »

Offline Kirsten Vaccaro

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Me On February 27, 2016
    • It's My Facebook Page.
Re: Roger Dobkowitz on Facebook
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2009, 10:58:38 AM »
Roger added me as his friend on facebook.
A Big Rich Fields Drew Carey And Jeff Davis Fan For Ever From Kirsten

Rich Fields Thanks Kirsten. I pick out and supply all of my own clothing. That light gray suit is hard to pair with shirts and ties... but I think the lavender shirt and purple patterned tie pulled it all together.

My Favorite Announcers On The Price Is Right Are Johnny Olson Rod Roddy Rich Fields Jeff Davis.

I Met And Took Two Pictures With Jeff Davis On May 24, 2012 He Is So Nice And Kind In Person.

Rich Fields said this about Drew Carey will always be the first to defend Drew (Carey). He's one of the most genuine, down to earth people in Hollywood that I've ever met. He was the first to come to me and tell me that the show was going in a different direction. He assured me it was not his decision to let me go and I believe him. No one else was open and honest about it, but Drew was. We've continued working together on different projects and we stay in regular touch. We'll be good friends well into the future.

Offline Grand_game2004

• Double Showcase Winner
  • GEORGE GRAY IS A W E S O M E!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2009, 11:59:14 AM »
Just to let everyone know also, I am a member of Facebook.  PM me and I will tell you my name or e-mail address so you can add me if you like.

Same here! Let me know!

Offline AndyL

• Taking a Bonus Spin
    • Andy's MovieZone
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2009, 12:22:49 PM »
Roger's added me as well.  Send him smiles, he likes that!
"Oh la la la la, hey, banana
  Don't you step on its skin
  Oh la la la la, hey, banana
  Womble up de rubbish and put it in de bin!"

Offline EaglesWings2008

• In the Audience
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2009, 04:14:50 PM »
I just send him an request to be my friend :)

Offline Grand_game2004

• Double Showcase Winner
  • GEORGE GRAY IS A W E S O M E!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2009, 04:17:47 PM »
I got a notification that he was added as one of my friends and a message from him as well.

Offline FieldsFan336

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Pika!
    • Behind the Microphone: The Rich Fields Fan Site
« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2009, 04:55:07 PM »
I am on Facebook as well, let me know if you want to be my friend (and make sure you tell me you're from G-R)  :-D
http://www.facebook.com/mysticgirl916
Rich Fields' #1 Fan for Life / 2011 CSS playoffs bronze medalist / Blitz Club (sole survivor of the Survivor special) / First QSW 5/9/23

Offline joechopchop

• Taking a Bonus Spin
    • My Myspace Page
« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2009, 06:26:44 PM »
Just added the Dob.

Offline Brent115

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2009, 07:26:17 PM »
Roger added me as a friend as well

Offline edmojautis

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2009, 02:53:30 PM »
Roger added me, too!!!!  8-) :-) :-D

Offline KCC07

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #10 on: June 20, 2009, 03:57:48 PM »
Roger added me today!
"Don't eat the prizes!"-Roger Dobkowitz

Offline CBSpromoman

• Double Showcase Winner
    • Patrick’s Place
« Reply #11 on: June 20, 2009, 05:41:29 PM »

I don't know whether anyone asked Roger about if he minded this being posted, but if not, as a matter of protocol, that should definitely have happened.  Unlike services like Twitter, which actually encourages complete strangers to "follow" each other, Facebook, for many people, is more of a way to keep in touch with people they actually know, not just anyone.

While Roger is an extraordinarily nice man who probably considers LFaTs like us as friends in some ways, I'd hope he wouldn't mind being potentially inundated by a bunch of requests from G-R.net. 

In the interest of full disclosure, I sent him a request as well, so I joined the same bandwagon.  But I was thinking about it a little while ago and this occurred to me and I thought it might be worth mentioning for the next time someone from the show appears on Facebook or whatever the "next great thing" happens to be.
Visit my blog: Patrick's Place

Offline plasticoplinko

• Outside in Line
« Reply #12 on: June 20, 2009, 05:49:06 PM »
All due respect to everyone on the board, but why are you disclosing his personal information on here?

Offline COINBOYNYC

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #13 on: June 20, 2009, 11:00:49 PM »
I don't know Mr. Dobkowitz personally, as I'm sure is the case with the majority of folks right here at the Golden Road.  However, I also sought out his friendship via the Face Book - and, well aware that he doesn't know me at all, I mentioned that I found out about his being on FB through this very thread (and I told him my Golden Road userid).

Mr. Dobkowitz accepted my request and included the following comment: "It's always nice to have a golden-road member as a friend!"

:-)
Fun fact: Evelyn Wong, the 5th person to be called on the first show (9/4/72), was actually the very first contestant to directly be called to come on down!  The original first four (Sandy Flornor, Paul Levine, Connie Donnel, Myra Carter) were individually told to stand up, and then, as a group, were invited to come on down.

Offline priceguy

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #14 on: June 20, 2009, 11:37:46 PM »
I don't know Mr. Dobkowitz personally, as I'm sure is the case with the majority of folks right here at the Golden Road.  However, I also sought out his friendship via the Face Book - and, well aware that he doesn't know me at all, I mentioned that I found out about his being on FB through this very thread (and I told him my Golden Road userid).

Mr. Dobkowitz accepted my request and included the following comment: "It's always nice to have a golden-road member as a friend!"

:-)

Ditto!  I told him I was a member here and he sent me back a similar message.  It's so cool to have Roger as a Facebook friend!