Author Topic: CSS Results for September 22  (Read 1948 times)

Offline BuddyTom

• Double Showcase Winner
  • It says what it means.
CSS Results for September 22
« on: September 22, 2006, 01:45:40 PM »
It only took one week for something that was quite a regular occurrence last year to happen again. Actually two things:

1. FPGWillyT DSWd and won today.
2. I went over.

Interestingly enough, on the car showcase, the biggest overbid was mine, and only $341! (The others were $231, $229 and $164) On the other showcase, the overbids were $1533 and $1460. This shows me that many of us are at least in the ballpark, even if we push a little too far.

Jordanar18 gave the best bid on a SPLENDIDO showcase today (well, second to Sally, who went over on the car) and picks up over $48K in money. Willy's DSW earns him nearly $115K. LudwigMackdaddy also gave the only other sub-$1000 difference bid on the car with a minor garf on the furniture. In a rare outing, Marc placed well within the top 10!

A very good start to the season for many people. See you all on Monday!

CHATROOM SHOWCASE SHOWOFF
Results for September 22, 2006 -- Game 5
Double Values Friday
BuddyTom
CSS Host emeritus (served 2006-10)

-- Freude!

Offline heelsrule1988

• Double Showcase Winner
    • My Deal or No Deal recaps
Re: CSS Results for September 22
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2006, 03:12:11 PM »
Aside from Tuesday, I've played like absolute trash this week. You all have every right to give me grief. :-(

At least I beat Armadillo, though. :-D

Offline BRB_TheFireball

• Double Showcase Winner
  • A Man Without A Forum
    • The Fireball on Golden-Road.net
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2006, 06:43:47 PM »
I haven't had my chance at CSS yet this season, but I will on the week of October 9.  I have that entire week off work.  That'll give ya'll two more weeks of practice before I come in and win some Friggin' Random Sailboat showcases. :-D
Well, this week was supposed to be a return to normalcy, but that's clearly not allowed.  Since you feel there is no need for this week's FPG to continue, I feel there is no need to continue as an FPG host or a G-R.net member.  Since most people are so desperate to push me out of here, why delay it?  I would have preferred that everybody publicly admitted it rather than string me along for the last two days, but it is what it is.  I am hereby resigning as FPG host and moderator, effective immediately.  whammy007 is the new permanent host.  No R-rated rant or airing of grievances from me.  Just a polite "goodbye for good".

--Fireball to Chelsea, 1/15/16

Offline ClockGameJohn

• TPiR Alumnus &
  • Executive Producer
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2006, 11:14:41 PM »
What a mess.  I see no one's got the nutz to bid so nicely on a Splendido showcase except me.  Too bad on the minor overbid on the car for me.

It's a good thing I can't play this every day.
John

Offline PriceFanArmadillo

• Loyal Friend and True
  • -This space for rent-
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2006, 01:03:30 AM »
*copy/pastes John's post*
Armadillo is exactly right - ClockGameJohn
---------------------------------------
The Here Moderates This Here Site Here Guy

Offline FPGWillyT

• 12/22/2006
  • FPG Host & TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2006, 03:58:07 AM »
What a mess. I see no one's got the nutz to bid so nicely on a Splendido showcase except me. Too bad on the minor overbid on the car for me.

It's a good thing I can't play this every day.

For you noobs, let me tell you something.  This is typical Sally-strutterin.  Lose big and make excuses for being a loser.  See his FPG Results thread for more of an example.