Author Topic: END of Fireball's Episode #15  (Read 18274 times)

Offline wpghi5

• Double Showcase Winner
Re: Fireball's Episode #15, SCSD #2
« Reply #135 on: July 24, 2009, 11:36:33 PM »
Let's go for 18 and 8 there Fiery.  :biggrin:

Offline BRB_TheFireball

• Double Showcase Winner
  • A Man Without A Forum
    • The Fireball on Golden-Road.net
« Reply #136 on: July 25, 2009, 02:35:42 PM »
wpghi has his spin going.  He's looking for at least 60 cents.  And here's 95!

*audience groans*

This is ridiculous.  Absolutely ridiculous.  Let's spin that wheel again and get another 50 cents.  Our luck has to change by the end of this episode.  You can't blame me for at least trying to get some winners.  Let's see where the wheel stops this time.  45 would be fantastic.  Not 70!

*audience groans* *MRRRRRRRP*

And so it continues.  wpghi, thanks for joining us again.

OK, Pikachu, it's up to you to save the show.
Well, this week was supposed to be a return to normalcy, but that's clearly not allowed.  Since you feel there is no need for this week's FPG to continue, I feel there is no need to continue as an FPG host or a G-R.net member.  Since most people are so desperate to push me out of here, why delay it?  I would have preferred that everybody publicly admitted it rather than string me along for the last two days, but it is what it is.  I am hereby resigning as FPG host and moderator, effective immediately.  whammy007 is the new permanent host.  No R-rated rant or airing of grievances from me.  Just a polite "goodbye for good".

--Fireball to Chelsea, 1/15/16

Offline Pikachu732001

• Taking a Bonus Spin
  • Big Ones anyone? Anyone?
    • Howard Salwasser's Bracket Watch
« Reply #137 on: July 25, 2009, 08:27:17 PM »
I take 6 and if that is 55¢ or worse, 17.
2015-16 Big One Tracker: 65(3 PRIMETIME & 2 WIPEOUTS)
2016-17 Big One Tracker: 60
2017-18 Big One Tracker: 11

We need more trailers.

Offline BRB_TheFireball

• Double Showcase Winner
  • A Man Without A Forum
« Reply #138 on: July 26, 2009, 10:42:45 AM »
Pikachu's first spin looks like it's gonna lead to another spin.  A little too fast for 65, and 70 won't get down here fast enough.

One thin dime.  Spin it one more time.  Hey, that rhymed! :-) 50 cents to tie, 55-90 to win.  Here comes 70 for the win!

*audience groans*

No!  55 cents is one nickel too short.  Thanks for playing, Pikachu.

*Dig*

cu!  You're going to the Showcases!  And thos exciting Showcases are coming up after this break!
Well, this week was supposed to be a return to normalcy, but that's clearly not allowed.  Since you feel there is no need for this week's FPG to continue, I feel there is no need to continue as an FPG host or a G-R.net member.  Since most people are so desperate to push me out of here, why delay it?  I would have preferred that everybody publicly admitted it rather than string me along for the last two days, but it is what it is.  I am hereby resigning as FPG host and moderator, effective immediately.  whammy007 is the new permanent host.  No R-rated rant or airing of grievances from me.  Just a polite "goodbye for good".

Offline BRB_TheFireball

• Double Showcase Winner
  • A Man Without A Forum
Re: Fireball's Episode #15, Showcase #1
« Reply #139 on: July 26, 2009, 11:02:44 AM »
*showcase intro*

Welcome back to "Fireball's Price Is Right!  It's Showcase time, and I have a battle of Team GRRR here.  First time ever that two members of Team GRRR have advanced to the Showcase Round on my show.  The top winner of the show today is Jordan!  *cheers and applause*  And the runner-up is cu!  *cheers and applause*

This is gonna be an interesting contest because both of these guys are excellent CSS players.  Either one of them is capable of a DSW-quality bid, and Lord knows we need one today after having only one PG win.

Let's have the first showcase, please!

*Grandeur*

Jordan and cu, this showcase begins with this new...

... bathroom!

First...

... this double vanity set allows both you and your significant other to have your own sink and drawers.  The vanity and shelves are made of beautiful honey oak and the glass countertop makes cleanup easy.

Second...

... this high-performance toilet can flush either with a remote or by sensors.  Other features include heated toilet seat that automatically closes, warm water washing, air deodorizer, ass dryer, and nightlight.

And third...

you'll never have to worry about slipping and hurting while climbing in or out of a bathtub again.  The Jacuzzi Finestra 6036 walk-in combination whirlpool/bathtub is both safe and comfortable.  The easy-access door has three dual-tension latches to ensure a proper seal and the tub has 10 soothing jets and a 256-color chromatherapy lighting system.

And once you're all cleaned up, it's time to take a ride on your brand new...

waverunner!

The Yamaha VX Cruiser waverunner embraces sleekness, comfort, performance, and luxury all in one fun package.  And Yamaha's new remote controlled transmitter allows you to active both the digital security system and the fuel-saving low-RPM mode from 30 feet away.

And this showcase full of water can be yours if the price is right!

There it is, Jordan.  Do you want to bid or pass?

Offline UniquePerspective

• Double Showcase Winner
  • The More You Know.
Re: Fireball's Episode #15, Showcase
« Reply #140 on: July 26, 2009, 05:31:08 PM »
cu, I got you the perfect present. A showcase!

Pass, clearly.
Yeah...let's make this current shall we?

Season 39 CSS Stats:
Games: 7 Top 10 Finishes: 2 Top 5 Finishes: 1 Overs: 3 DSW:0 WSD: 0 GOTC: 3 WOTC: 0

Offline therealcu2010

• Director
  • Acknowledge Me!
    • Buy a Vowel Boards, A Wheel of Fortune Community
« Reply #141 on: July 26, 2009, 08:53:58 PM »
...yay...a random crap showcase!

$20,998.
"Nobody cares about the guest stars." - Roger Dobkowitz

"Change isn't always good. Sometimes changing things is a terrible mistake." - Bob Barker

People are tired of the f**kery and drama, but if we'd actually talk to each other sometimes instead of a whole bunch of private conversations with other people, it'd go a long way to perhaps fixing the problems most seem to see in the site.

Offline RCPlanes59

• Double Showcase Winner
    • YouTube
« Reply #142 on: July 26, 2009, 10:36:28 PM »
I need to make an FRWS icon.
Season 8 (2011-12) CSS 3rd Place

Offline BRB_TheFireball

• Double Showcase Winner
  • A Man Without A Forum
« Reply #143 on: July 27, 2009, 05:31:52 PM »
$20,998!

*DING*

And now, Jordan, here comes your showcase!

*random sucky new cue*

Jordan, your showcase is all about doughnuts!

You can make your own hot, fresh doughnuts with this...

... doughnut maker!

Just add dough and this automatic doughnut maker forms, fries, and drains delicious mini doughnuts in less than one minute.

Now if you're too lazy to make your own doughnuts, no problem!  We're gonna give you...

a year's supply of hot, fresh doughnuts!

You'll receive a one-dozen box of Krispy Kreme's world-famous glazed doughnuts every week for an entire year.

But if you want a taste of the world's most delicious doughnuts, then you'll have to go to the place that is believed to be the birthplace of the doughnut...

... beautiful Netherlands!

You and a guest will fly round-trip first class from Los Angeles to Amsterdam, Netherlands, for a 6-night stay at the Hilton Amsterdam, located in one of the capital's most exclusive areas.  And while you're in Amsterdam, you'll take a one-hour tour of Amsterdam's famous buildings, canals, and windmills.

And finally, there's a good chance that if you win this showcase, you'll be making doughnuts in the parking lot...

... in your new sportscar!  *Passing Lane*

It's the 2009 Porsche 911 Carrera Coupe--comes with standard equipment plus 7-speed automatic transmission, full leather interior, and DVD navigation system.

And this showcase full of doughnuts can be yours if the price is right!

Now there's a showcase to salvage this episode!  I repeat, it's not every day that you can say the only wins on an episode of TPIR resulted in luxury vehicle wins.  What do you bid on these doughnuts?

Offline pathfinder20

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #144 on: July 27, 2009, 08:03:39 PM »
Jordan, I would say $97,985. (I smell expensive for some reason.) :lol:

Offline UniquePerspective

• Double Showcase Winner
  • The More You Know.
« Reply #145 on: July 27, 2009, 09:47:42 PM »
While I do think cu overbid, I can't quite take the chance by doing $1. So I will go with $74,632.
Yeah...let's make this current shall we?

Season 39 CSS Stats:
Games: 7 Top 10 Finishes: 2 Top 5 Finishes: 1 Overs: 3 DSW:0 WSD: 0 GOTC: 3 WOTC: 0

Offline BRB_TheFireball

• Double Showcase Winner
  • A Man Without A Forum
« Reply #146 on: July 28, 2009, 06:52:51 PM »
$74,632!

*DING* *main theme 2007*

We'll have the actual retail prices right after this commercial.  Don't go too far!

Offline BRB_TheFireball

• Double Showcase Winner
  • A Man Without A Forum
END of Fireball's Episode #15
« Reply #147 on: July 28, 2009, 07:26:30 PM »
*showcase intro*

And we're back!  Jordan, let's start with you.  You bid $74,362.  The actual retail price of your showcase is...

... oh my God.  $98,162.  *audience gasps and groans*  That's a difference of...

*DING*

$23,530.  But oh, what could have been!  From the first row of the audience, I heard Kourtney call out $97,985.  Had you taken his bid, Jordan, you would've had a difference of... $177.  *more audience gasps and groans*  We would've been guaranteed an Historic Moment® on "Fireball's Price Is Right".  We would've had our very first double showcase winner.

But maybe cu will be our first double showcase winner.  His bid was $20,998.  cu... the actual... retail price... of your showcase... is...

$29,327!  You win!

*DING*  A difference of $8,329!  *DINGDINGDINGDINGDING*  *main theme 2007*

Jordan, thanks for being on the show.  Maybe next time, you'll get that DSW.

cu, the wait paid off!  It took you 4 years to get on my show and now you're the big winner with $31,047 in prizes!  Congratulations!

This is The Fireball reminding you to help control the pet population.  Cut off their damn balls.  Peace!

This is Rich Fields speaking for "Fireball's Price Is Right", a Mark Goodson Television Production.

© MMIX
Price Productions, Inc.
All Rights Reserved

JACOB "WHINBABY" WILKEY SEMI-MEMORIAL SHOWCASE PRIZE RUNDOWN

Showcase #1
Gia Twin Sink Vanity - $4,995
TOTO Neorest 550 Toilet - $5,250
Jacuzzi Finestra Walk-In Whirlpool/Bathtub - $9,284
Yamaha VX Cruiser Waverunner - $9,798

Showcase #2
Dough-Nu-Matic Doughnut Maker - $150
Year's Supply of Krispy Kremes - $351
Amsterdam - $11,516
Porsche 911 Carrera Coupe - $86,145

Episode 15 Notes:

--This was 3 Strikes' second appearance on FPIR.  It maintains its perfect record.  Also, this was 1 Right Price's third appearance on FPIR, making it the first PG to make three appearances.  Its record is 2-1.

--This was the first episode of FPIR to produce only one PG winner.

--Rob's win in this episode gives him a lifetime total of $75,611.  This is good enough to displace Jordan7 for 10th place on the all-time winners list.  Welcome to the Top 10, Rob! :-)

--Episode 16 will be ready to go sometime in the fall.

--The results of the Fireball's Prediction Game will be posted here within the next 24 hours.

Offline therealcu2010

• Director
  • Acknowledge Me!
    • Buy a Vowel Boards, A Wheel of Fortune Community
« Reply #148 on: July 28, 2009, 07:50:24 PM »
Woohoo! I'm now officially 3/3 in HYO Showcases! Thanks for letting me play, Firey...can't wait 'til next time!
"Nobody cares about the guest stars." - Roger Dobkowitz

"Change isn't always good. Sometimes changing things is a terrible mistake." - Bob Barker

People are tired of the f**kery and drama, but if we'd actually talk to each other sometimes instead of a whole bunch of private conversations with other people, it'd go a long way to perhaps fixing the problems most seem to see in the site.

Offline BRB_TheFireball

• Double Showcase Winner
  • A Man Without A Forum
END of Fireball's Episode #15
« Reply #149 on: July 28, 2009, 08:58:33 PM »
And now... this year's Fireball's Prediction Game results!

Pricing Game / Freq
Cliff Hangers / 2
Now or Then / 2
Three Strikes / 2
 Balance Game / 1
Check Game / 1
Check-Out / 1
Dice Game / 1
Eazy As 1-2-3 / 1
Flip Flop / 1
Gas Money / 1
Hi-Lo / 1
Lucky Seven / 1
Money Game / 1
One Right Price / 1
One Wrong Price / 1
Pick-a-Number / 1
Race Game / 1
Squeeze Play / 1
Temptation / 1
That's Too Much! / 1
Triple Play / 1

dprice
1. Triple Play / W / 1
2. Cliff Hangers / W / 6
3. Eazy As 1-2-3 / L / 2
4. Hi-Lo / L / 4
5. Dice Game / L / 5
6. Flip Flop / L / 3

TPIRmaniac
1. Three Strikes / x / 6
2. Cliff Hangers / x / 4
3. Check Game / x / 2
4. Now or Then / x / 3
5. Temptation / x / 5
6. Race Game / x / 1

wpghi5
1. Money Game / L / 4
2. Now or Then / W / 2
3. One Right Price / W / 3
4. Balance Game / L / 1
5. One Wrong Price / W / 5
6. Three Strikes / L / 6

88JRFAN
1. Gas Money / x / 2
2. Squeeze Play / x / 3
3. That's Too Much! / x / 1
4. Check-Out / x / 5
5. Pick-a-Number / x / 4
6. Lucky Seven / x / 6

Even though dprice did not sign up for the show, he did submit predictions... and wouldn't you know it?  He won this year's FPG!  He correctly picked Hi-Lo and Flip Flop, and correctly predicted that both would be lost.

wpghi5 came in second place for correctly predicting that Three Strikes and One Right Price would show, though he was wrong on both the slotting and the results.

TPIRmaniac gets third place for picking Three Strikes with the wrong slot.  He failed to put any win-loss indications on his predictions, and that cost him crucial points that could've possibly given him second place.

88JRFAN got skunked in his predictions... but he still gets FPG cash just for participating.

I got the auto-win, as nobody picked either Shopping Spree or Switcheroo.  That's $300,000 for me, plus a bonus $100,000 because 88JRFAN got a zero.

Episode 15 Winnings
rob79 - $68,117
cu2010 - $31,047
Pikachu732001 - $12,276
wpghi5 - $3,500
UniquePerspective - $1,799
priceguy - $850

Episode 15 FPG Winnings
BRB_TheFireball - $400,000 (Can't Stop the Fireball!)
dprice - $300,000 (4 MP/14 CP)
wpghi5 - $285,000 (2 MP/9 CP)
TPIRmaniac - $270,000 (1 MP/6 CP)
88JRFAN - $255,000 (skunked)