Author Topic: FULL RECAP - TPiR 06/26/2009  (Read 43591 times)

Offline BRB_TheFireball

• Double Showcase Winner
  • A Man Without A Forum
    • The Fireball on Golden-Road.net
Re: FULL RECAP - TPiR 06/26/2009
« Reply #15 on: June 26, 2009, 04:15:16 PM »
One-Bid #2 & OA:  This entire segment had me yelling, "What the French?!"  The overuse of the French accent was so not funny.  And OA should not have been lost on the second attempt.  There were only two possible prices for the Honda Accord--$22,684 and $22,864.

SCSD #1:  Quite possibly the most heartbreaking series of SCSD spins in a very long time.

Eazy:  Enough of the French, Drew!

Squeezy Plus:  Kathy must've been in a good mood today.  That was practically a forced win.

Bonus:  Yay!  Bonus Game! :P With the classic reveal! :P With a $10,000+ prize package up for grabs, Kathy putting the "BONUS" behind the easiest item (rice cooker) proved that she was in a really good mood today.  Roger would've put the "BONUS" behind either the overpriced PA system or the overpriced webcam.

My showcase bids:
Mansions--$20,007
Room/waverunner--$23,507 ( :dsw: )
Well, this week was supposed to be a return to normalcy, but that's clearly not allowed.  Since you feel there is no need for this week's FPG to continue, I feel there is no need to continue as an FPG host or a G-R.net member.  Since most people are so desperate to push me out of here, why delay it?  I would have preferred that everybody publicly admitted it rather than string me along for the last two days, but it is what it is.  I am hereby resigning as FPG host and moderator, effective immediately.  whammy007 is the new permanent host.  No R-rated rant or airing of grievances from me.  Just a polite "goodbye for good".

--Fireball to Chelsea, 1/15/16

Offline rob79

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #16 on: June 26, 2009, 04:46:25 PM »
Maybe my expectations were too high, but I thought we might get a tad better lineup than what we saw today....

...Grand Game first--BLAH (great game, but it's been first too often this year)
The millioneth playing of Eazy az 1-2-3
yada yada yada....

...however Bonus Game last is certainly an awesome way to send us off into summer (why in the world are they waiting on airing the true season finale????)

Even better was we got the classic reveal!!!! Thank you DiPirro!!!!!

On the negative side, I really thought we might see one of the games that have "disappeared" today like Credit Card, Take Two, Shopping Spree, Step Up, Make Your Mark, Clearance Sale, etc....Maybe, just maybe we'll see one of them on the "true" season finale come Sept. 18th, but i'm not going to be holding my breath.

Offline Mallory16

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Icon by Gemma Moody
« Reply #17 on: June 26, 2009, 05:03:49 PM »
French Drew worked... eventually.  It got old fast, but then the joke boomeranged back when Amanda said she had just come back from a stay in France, which practically forced French Drew to come back.  Amanda herself was an excellent fun contestant as well, and played off Drew well, French and all, and she really helped make the segment work.

The Bonus Game bonus was obviously going to be in the first or third window today, wasn't it? 

Offline FPGWillyT

• 12/22/2006
  • FPG Host & TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #18 on: June 26, 2009, 05:49:09 PM »
Just so everyone knows, and I am sure many heard it in chat, that the june 10th taping, which is the actual season finale, won't air until september 18th. 

So what's the reasoning behind that?

Offline MrPlinko

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #19 on: June 26, 2009, 06:13:48 PM »

I have the same question:

If September 18th is thus season finale, when will we see the Season Premiere?

Joe

Offline goldroadfanatic

• 2/22/2024
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • One Dollar!
« Reply #20 on: June 26, 2009, 06:16:15 PM »
The Season 38 Premiere will be the following Monday, September 21.
"Cherish the past, accept the present, and anticipate the future.  They are listening to feedback wherever feasible, but they can't repeat the past."

Offline sjd93

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #21 on: June 26, 2009, 06:21:46 PM »
On the negative side, I really thought we might see one of the games that have "disappeared" today like Credit Card, Take Two, Shopping Spree, Step Up, Make Your Mark, Clearance Sale, etc....Maybe, just maybe we'll see one of them on the "true" season finale come Sept. 18th, but i'm not going to be holding my breath.

I too wish one of those had been played. But, even under Roger, those kind of games were rarely played on season finales or premieres. More familiar games like Plinko, Lucky 7, and like we saw today, Grand Game and One Away, are usually played on season-ending shows.
I find it ironic how the show tries to mix up the prizes and offer "cool" things like over-stuffed trips and impossible to price items to make the show less "predictable." Yet, the same things happen every single time a show airs.

-temptation1979ga

Offline brtsimpson142

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #22 on: June 26, 2009, 06:40:37 PM »

It has something to do with the fact that they're doing some kind of special showcase that day, but I wonder what could possibly be worth delaying a show's airdate by sixty days, unless it has something to do with Door #5.  (My prediction:  a "Too many prizes for the house" showcase).  Then again, might also be nice if they did what Jeopardy did a few years ago and show us a high-speed montage of the old set being struck and the new one going up.  Probably never gonna happen though.
Bazinga!

Offline actual_retail_tice

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #23 on: June 26, 2009, 08:30:37 PM »
I wouldn't ever expect anything special out of a season closer. Aside from Bob's last show, every season finale I can remember has been just another episode, with no special mention of it being the season finale, or nicer-than-normal prizes, or especially playings of any particular games. Just a very ordinary episode. Under Drew it might be different, but I definitely wouldn't hold my breath for any of the MIA games to show up. I honestly don't have any expectation of seeing them ever again.

Offline goldroadfanatic

• 2/22/2024
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • One Dollar!
« Reply #24 on: June 26, 2009, 08:43:54 PM »
Did you watch the Season 36 Finale?  Drew mentioned on the air that it was the last show of his first season as host and thanked everyone for "putting up with him" and gave a shout-out to Bob.
"Cherish the past, accept the present, and anticipate the future.  They are listening to feedback wherever feasible, but they can't repeat the past."

Offline joeyboy

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #25 on: June 26, 2009, 09:18:30 PM »
Grand Game: The Gold Bond really faked me out as well.

OB #2: Lose the French accent Drew.

One Away: I knew she should have changed the last 3 numbers.

Freeze Frame: Tough loss.

SCSD #1: That was rough SCSD.

Eazy az 123: Why not Clearance Sale, or any of the other missing MP’s?  :confused: Again, lose the French accent Drew.

Squeeze Play: Nice win.

Bonus Game: Always a pleasure to see Bonus Game show up!  :-D At least they made this game winnable, even with some evil SP’s.

Showcase #1: FRATs, complete with stays in…mansions?

Showcase #2: Decent showcase. I would have liked to see a car myself.

O.K. show today. The lineup was all right, but made a vast improvement with Bonus Game. If they were going to play a non-car game for a car, I personally would have preferred to see this game played for one.

Offline Spyne

• In the Audience
  • Keep it cool, and keep moving forward.
    • The Mainframe
« Reply #26 on: June 26, 2009, 09:28:55 PM »
Not too bad of a show today, but it was pretty standard. But that's expected, as this isn't the true season finale. Well guys, we are now finished until September. The 18th to be exact, when the true season 37 finale will be. Unfortunately I wasn't able to make it into chat for today's episode, so I might as well say what I wanted to say here, no? ;) It's been fun in chat with all of you throughout the season, and we'll definitely do it again come September. From now until then, I'll be taking a couple steps back from active duty here. I wish all of you here on G-R a safe and happy Summer, and we can all look forward to a whole new season of fun this fall. See ya in the fall!

Keep it cool, and keep moving forward. -Jay "Spyne" Hart
Keep it cool, and keep moving forward!

Proud member of the Golden-Road.net After Hours group on Skype & Facebook. We bring the craziness, all with a Secretariat dance and a robot skeleton by our side.

Offline catdogwheel

• Double Showcase Winner
    • www.meijer.com
« Reply #27 on: June 26, 2009, 10:06:39 PM »
Wow I didn't realize today was the season finale! I'm kinda surprised at the amount of people who thought today's show was kind of blah. I can agree with you all on the lineup, but I didn't think it was that bad. Drew was very funny with that accent. Did anyone notice Drew kept having senior moments through the last four segments? At first in Bonus Game he was throwing to Rich to describe the small prizes. Luckily the staff knew he meant the bonus prize. Then he kept saying through the SS and Showcases that the contestant who played it was the biggest winner all day, when he in fact was not.

It was nice to see One Away, but a much better game to play would've been Dice Game.

It sure was nice to see Bonus Game pop its head in one last time before the end of the season. The SPs were kind of tricky but at least he got 3 out of 4, including the one that had the bonus.

I have to admit that even though this season was quite disastrous, it sure went quick! I for one can't wait though until Season 38 because I want to see the new turntable.   
Now you can buy groceries by the case at www.meijer.com and Remember "The power of the price compels you!"

"Heal the world we live in, save it for our children" - Michael Jackson 1958-2009 Rest In Peace

Offline goldroadfanatic

• 2/22/2024
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • One Dollar!
« Reply #28 on: June 26, 2009, 10:09:50 PM »
The season is not over yet, catdog; the finale airs on September 18 and Season 38 starts the following Monday.

Offline heelsrule1988

• Double Showcase Winner
    • My Deal or No Deal recaps
« Reply #29 on: June 26, 2009, 10:20:34 PM »
Squeeze Play was the definition of a meant-to-be-won setup. The way this month has been, it's about time we saw something like that.

BEST CONTESTANT OF THE DAY: Amanda
SHOW GRADE: 2