Author Topic: Fremantle looking for a host?  (Read 3075 times)

Offline TPIR75

• Taking a Bonus Spin
Fremantle looking for a host?
« on: September 24, 2006, 09:27:00 AM »
I was looking through my sunday paper when I came accross their TV Time section and on the cover was a picture of Bob and an interview with him was the main article or something like that.  Well i tunred to the page to continue reading the article and there was an intervuew between Bob and the lucky reporter who got to interview him.  One qurstion asked was:

Q: Will you ever retire?

And after Bob explained that he has thought about it for 10 or 15 years, and that he has so much fun doing the show and also that he signed a 5-year contract.  But, he said he doesnt expect to last 5 years.  He goes on to say "I know for about three years now, Fremantle has been looking for a host. But I'm still doing the show so apparently they haven't found the right one."

When I read this I actually started breathing a little faster.  I mean replace Bob?  Does Fremantle know what they're doing?  

But I guess I should say can anyone out there sort of verify this?

Offline PriceFanArmadillo

• -This space for rent-
Re: Fremantle looking for a host?
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2006, 10:35:21 AM »
Frankly, if your current host is 82 years old, you'd be crazy NOT to be looking for a replacement host...you know, in case you need one for some unforseen reason.  Not that you'd want to rush Bob out the door of course...but you have to realize he can't keep this gig up forever.
Armadillo is exactly right - ClockGameJohn
---------------------------------------
The Here Moderates This Here Site Here Guy

Offline temptation1979ga

• Double Showcase Winner
    • The Price is Right episode trading
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2006, 10:58:21 AM »
Yay, yet another "life without Bob" post.  What a cheerful way to start my Sunday morning, just one week into the new season.  *sigh*

Offline BalloonMan

• Outside in Line
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2006, 11:15:41 AM »
If Freemantle IS looking for a new host, I might suggest Todd Newton ("Hollywood Showdown," "Whammy! The All-New Press Your Luck"). I'm told that nowadays he hosts his own version of "Price" live on stage in Las Vegas. And he's also the host on the DVD home version of the show. On that note, he'd be MY first possibility.

Offline Aaron A. Camp

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2006, 11:21:26 AM »
I had a dream last night that I was on TPiR, and Darrell Waltrip was hosting. I won my way up on stage to play Check-Out, and he explained the rules incorrectly. (He said that I had to come within $2.00 without going over, instead of within $2.00 above or below.) I was over by 80¢, thus resulting in me losing. I was later awarded the bonus prize (in this case, a Chevrolet Cobalt Coupe) by Roger Dobkowitz because the rules were explained incorrectly, and Check-Out was retired.

Offline Forrest20

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2006, 12:04:05 PM »
Ok, we've beaten this horse enough.  I think Army did a fine job in explaining the reasoning here.

LOCKED.