Author Topic: Incorrect time showing up on posts  (Read 4139 times)

Offline leafsfan17

• Double Showcase Winner
Incorrect time showing up on posts
« on: July 02, 2009, 08:03:35 AM »
I have just noticed that the times that posts are being made are actually a few hours behind the correct time. I would know because I just posted something in OILF and it showed up as "posted at 7:58:49 AM", but I know that that time is incorrect. So, I wonder what is going on with that.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2009, 08:05:49 AM by leafsfan17 »
Dr. Pepper: Not recommended for Skype chats

Offline therealcu2010

• Director
  • Acknowledge Me!
    • Buy a Vowel Boards, A Wheel of Fortune Community
Re: Incorrect time showing up on posts
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2009, 08:30:31 AM »
I really couldn't begin to tell you why. I would go to your profile settings, in "Look and Layout Preferences", and manually offset the forum time (click on "Auto Detect" next to "Time Offset".)  Your profile's times will still be a bit off, though.

It's doing it to me, too, so it's not just you...

EDIT: Yeah...that still doesn't even completely rectify the problem...the timestamp on this post is about fifteen minutes behind what the actual time is...not to mention that the timestamps on the old posts are now four hours ahead of where they were...
« Last Edit: July 02, 2009, 08:35:25 AM by cu2010 »
"Nobody cares about the guest stars." - Roger Dobkowitz

"Change isn't always good. Sometimes changing things is a terrible mistake." - Bob Barker

People are tired of the f**kery and drama, but if we'd actually talk to each other sometimes instead of a whole bunch of private conversations with other people, it'd go a long way to perhaps fixing the problems most seem to see in the site.

Offline JokerFan

• Retro Recap Guide
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2009, 09:43:27 AM »
If you look at newest posts, you can see the times given and we have definitely had posts since then.  Approximately 5 hours ago was when the last post supposedly was.

Same thing when I went to chat.  (I know it's a re-run!)  The time was between 6:00 - 7:00 AM not 10:00 - 11:00.

I posted this message at 12:58PM, so it appears to be off by 3 hours 15 minutes.

Offline leafsfan17

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2009, 03:48:58 PM »
Well, all the time stamps on the posts appear to be correct now.
Dr. Pepper: Not recommended for Skype chats