Author Topic: Moderators' authority to re-open locked threads  (Read 4609 times)

Offline COINBOYNYC

• Double Showcase Winner
Moderators' authority to re-open locked threads
« on: July 03, 2009, 10:31:27 PM »
Saw this on another thread...

Well, I'm gonna close this one down for now (Really nothing new and relevant coming out of this thread), but if another moderator wants to unlock it, they may.

I thought all moderators had the authority to open and/or close any thread.  Don't understand why "permission" from the one who locked the thread is needed, which is what I'm inferring from the quote.
Fun fact: Evelyn Wong, the 5th person to be called on the first show (9/4/72), was actually the very first contestant to directly be called to come on down!  The original first four (Sandy Flornor, Paul Levine, Connie Donnel, Myra Carter) were individually told to stand up, and then, as a group, were invited to come on down.

Offline SteveEllis

• Taking a Bonus Spin
    • My Facebook page
Re: Moderators' authority to re-open locked threads
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2009, 10:02:43 AM »
That's just an idiom most moderators have used.  Mostly by Alfonzo.  You were reading too much into it.

You thought correct that all mods have the authority to lock or unlock any thread.  Right no moderator needs permission by any other moderator to unlock or lock a thread.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2009, 10:06:08 AM by SteveEllis »
15. Messages posted express the views of the author, and not necessarily the views of the administrators and moderations of this site.

Offline SteveGavazzi

• Loyal Friend and True &
  • Director
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2009, 07:37:20 PM »
That's just an idiom most moderators have used.

That isn't what an idiom is.

What this is, I feel pretty safe in saying, is a simple matter of respect.
"Every game is somebody's favorite." -- Wise words from Roger Dobkowitz.

Offline COINBOYNYC

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2009, 11:37:03 PM »
I kinda thought so, but I just wanted to check.   :-)
Fun fact: Evelyn Wong, the 5th person to be called on the first show (9/4/72), was actually the very first contestant to directly be called to come on down!  The original first four (Sandy Flornor, Paul Levine, Connie Donnel, Myra Carter) were individually told to stand up, and then, as a group, were invited to come on down.