Author Topic: Frank's Price is Right: Episode 15--THE END  (Read 19971 times)

Offline Mallory16

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Icon by Gemma Moody
Frank's Price is Right: Episode 15--THE END
« on: May 07, 2006, 10:15:09 PM »
We're just going to continue on here without missing a beat, folks, just continuing right from where we left off.

Now, before our little technical difficulties, we had BRB_TheFireball up on stage, playing Card Game.  And we'll just pick right up from there!  Though Rich, would you please be so kind as to remind Fire what he is playing for?

Rich:  Right, Frank, it's a truck.  Specifically, a Honda Ridgeline RT, a 4-wheel drive 4-door crew cab, and it comes with standard features and a V6 engine.

And everyone may remember that you had the car price up to $15,800, so please light that back up.

[color=00CC00]ding![/color]

And then, you drew this card.

The ace of clubs.  And of course, with this card, you can make your bid on the truck anything you wish, so long as it's not less than $15,800.  So Fire, you could just say how much you want to make the ace specifically, and you could continue drawing... but I'd assume you probably just want to flat-out tell me what you want to bid on the truck, right?  So just go right on ahead and tell me what you want your bid on that truck to be.

[color=0000FF]*Images deleted.[/color]

Offline BRB_TheFireball

• Double Showcase Winner
  • A Man Without A Forum
    • The Fireball on Golden-Road.net
Re: Frank's Price is Right: Episode 15--PG #5
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2006, 06:48:06 AM »
I heard somebody in the audience yell out $26,000, so I'll bid that and stop.
Well, this week was supposed to be a return to normalcy, but that's clearly not allowed.  Since you feel there is no need for this week's FPG to continue, I feel there is no need to continue as an FPG host or a G-R.net member.  Since most people are so desperate to push me out of here, why delay it?  I would have preferred that everybody publicly admitted it rather than string me along for the last two days, but it is what it is.  I am hereby resigning as FPG host and moderator, effective immediately.  whammy007 is the new permanent host.  No R-rated rant or airing of grievances from me.  Just a polite "goodbye for good".

--Fireball to Chelsea, 1/15/16

Offline Mallory16

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Icon by Gemma Moody
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2006, 11:07:28 AM »

All right, Fire has decided on a bid of $26,000 for the truck.  And Fire, you must be within $3000 of the price without going over in order to win.  And Fire, the actual retail price of the truck...

The one that's right over there.

The one that you may win.

IS!

$27,770, for a difference of!

[color=00CC00]dingdingdingdingdingdingdingding![/color]

$1770, and you are a winner, Fire!  That's your new truck over there, congratulations!  We'll try to make it a 5-out-of-6er after this!

Rich, we need one more player.  Can you provide?

Rich:  I can if BuddyTom is around, come on down!   You're the next contestant on The Price is Right!

And Buddy ol' Pal, here come the lovely Holly and the lovely Janice with the next item up for bids.

Rich:  And the lovely Holly and the lovely Janice are bringing on out an exquisite waste receptacle.  From Safco, this plastic waste receptable, or garbage can to be un-PC, has a 38-gallon capacity and lovely aggregate panels to give the appearance of beautiful pebbles to make your home feel more like the outside of a grocery store.  Also includes a 12-inch stainless steel ash urn built into the lid.

And Buddy ol' Pal, you can start us off here.

[color=FF9900]BuddyTom[/color]
[color=00CC00]rcbought[/color]
[color=FF0000]Futuregsh[/color]
[color=0033FF]LiteBulb88[/color]

Offline BuddyTom

• Double Showcase Winner
  • It says what it means.
Re: .
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2006, 03:08:27 PM »
oooh, a industrial strength garbage can. I'll bid $625 please.
BuddyTom
CSS Host emeritus (served 2006-10)

-- Freude!

Offline rcbought

• Taking a Bonus Spin
Re: Frank's Price is Right: Episode 15--IUFB #6
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2006, 08:27:03 PM »
$20

Offline PriceFanArmadillo

• -This space for rent-
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2006, 08:49:22 PM »
Twenty bucks? I thought Frank was out of his budget crunch... :D
Armadillo is exactly right - ClockGameJohn
---------------------------------------
The Here Moderates This Here Site Here Guy

Offline Mallory16

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Icon by Gemma Moody
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2006, 09:31:08 PM »
Well... at least I'm reasonably sure we're not going to have an overbid here!  But I just offered a $27,000 truck... the budget trouble is news to me too, Army!

[color=FF9900]BuddyTom:  $625[/color]
[color=00CC00]rcbought:  $20[/color]
[color=FF0000]Futuregsh:[/color]
[color=0066FF]LiteBulb88:[/color]

Offline Mallory16

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Icon by Gemma Moody
« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2006, 02:27:54 AM »
Well, we have no idea where Jade's been:  don't think he's been around since we left the old forum, has he?  Either way, 30 hours are up, so Britey, wind it up for us!

[color=0066FF]LiteBulb88:[/color]

Offline LiteBulb88

• 4/15/2019
  • TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2006, 08:49:24 AM »
Well, much as I love breakfast, I really don't want to be part of the FFBC...so I'm crossing my fingers and going with $626.

Offline Mallory16

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Icon by Gemma Moody
« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2006, 10:31:59 AM »
[color=0066FF]LiteBulb88:  $626[/color]

We'll see, Britey, we'll see... the actual retail price of the garbage can is...

$521, and amazingly, rc has won with his $20 bid!  And rc, I want you to just stand right beside me.  Just stand right there, and your prize is way over yonder!

Rich:  A luxurious living room group.  From Furnishingsontheweb.com, their Golden Living Room set comes with an ornate sofa, two ornate chairs, an ornate end table, and an ornate coffee table, all with gold trim.  It's a prize package worth $29,386!

And you are going to play Cliff Hangers!

See that mountain climber?  You will win that living room group if you can save this little guy's life.  You see, we have three prizes over there, and you have to guess the price of each one.  He'll climb one step up the mountain for every dollar you miss the prices.  Why does he do this?  We have no idea.  But there are 25 steps on the mountain, so as long as you do not miss the prizes by a total of more than $25, he won't fall of the mountain and die, and you will win that lovely living room!  And to help you out, Rich, would you tell rc about the prizes in today's game.

Rich:  All right Frank, today we have this, the HH Scott SCR120 EZ Set clock radio, with a digital readout that automatically sets itself, even adjusting for daylight savings time.

Then, a collection of five books from the Disney Fairies' series, including Fairy Dust and the Quest for the Egg and The Trouble with Tink.

And finally, from Cuisinart, the SCO-60 deluxe can opener is made from stainless steel.

And now, I want you to give me the price of the clock radio, and just the clock radio.  I want you to get as near to the price as possible.  Again, the mountain climber will go one step for every dollar you miss the price, so what do you believe to be the price of the clock?

Offline PriceFanArmadillo

• -This space for rent-
Re: Frank's Price is Right: Episode 15--PG #6
« Reply #10 on: May 10, 2006, 10:34:00 AM »
Stick with twenty...it worked last time.  :-D
Armadillo is exactly right - ClockGameJohn
---------------------------------------
The Here Moderates This Here Site Here Guy

Offline Futuregsh

• TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #11 on: May 10, 2006, 11:52:47 AM »
Sorry Frank.  Been working on a shoot and not been to the new site in a day or two.  Oh well, sometimes it happens.

Offline Futuregsh

• TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #12 on: May 10, 2006, 11:53:43 AM »
$30 is my suggestion...

Offline rcbought

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #13 on: May 10, 2006, 04:48:58 PM »
$25

Offline Mallory16

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Icon by Gemma Moody
« Reply #14 on: May 10, 2006, 05:26:17 PM »
Don't worry, Jade.  It's less frustrating when you haven't been around than cases where someone goes to everyone else's Play Along but forgets yours.

Anyway, rc says the clock is $25.  Is he right?

[color=FF0000]bonk![/color]

No.  Now that mountain climber will move 1 step for every dollar you missed the price.

[color=0066FF]Yodel-ae-ee, yodel-ae-ee, yodel-ae-ee-oh,
Yodel-ae-ee-oh, yodel-ae-ee-oh!
Yodel-ae-ee, yodel-ae-ee, yodel-ae-ee-oh,
Yodel-ae-ee, yodel-ae-ee-oh![/color]

Yes!  He finally stopped!  What was the price?

$40!  Now, the mountain climber is on 15.  He can only move ten steps safely, so you must be very close on these last two prizes.

Now, on to the books.  What do you believe to be the price of the books?