Author Topic: Frank's Price is Right: Episode 15--THE END  (Read 19852 times)

Offline BRB_TheFireball

• Double Showcase Winner
  • A Man Without A Forum
    • The Fireball on Golden-Road.net
Re: Frank's Price is Right: Episode 15--SCSD #2
« Reply #30 on: May 14, 2006, 01:48:29 PM »
Ummm... #7.
Well, this week was supposed to be a return to normalcy, but that's clearly not allowed.  Since you feel there is no need for this week's FPG to continue, I feel there is no need to continue as an FPG host or a G-R.net member.  Since most people are so desperate to push me out of here, why delay it?  I would have preferred that everybody publicly admitted it rather than string me along for the last two days, but it is what it is.  I am hereby resigning as FPG host and moderator, effective immediately.  whammy007 is the new permanent host.  No R-rated rant or airing of grievances from me.  Just a polite "goodbye for good".

--Fireball to Chelsea, 1/15/16

Offline Mallory16

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Icon by Gemma Moody
« Reply #31 on: May 14, 2006, 02:31:06 PM »
And we may have a tie here.

We do.  You probably want a spinoff, I'm betting.

Offline BRB_TheFireball

• Double Showcase Winner
  • A Man Without A Forum
« Reply #32 on: May 14, 2006, 02:35:44 PM »
Yeah, we're going into overtime. *stands back behind Frank*
Well, this week was supposed to be a return to normalcy, but that's clearly not allowed.  Since you feel there is no need for this week's FPG to continue, I feel there is no need to continue as an FPG host or a G-R.net member.  Since most people are so desperate to push me out of here, why delay it?  I would have preferred that everybody publicly admitted it rather than string me along for the last two days, but it is what it is.  I am hereby resigning as FPG host and moderator, effective immediately.  whammy007 is the new permanent host.  No R-rated rant or airing of grievances from me.  Just a polite "goodbye for good".

Offline Mallory16

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Icon by Gemma Moody
« Reply #33 on: May 14, 2006, 02:36:24 PM »
All right, rcbought, back over here, you get one spin, so hope it's a good one!

Offline rcbought

• Taking a Bonus Spin
Re: Frank's Price is Right: Episode 15--SCSD #2 SPINOFF
« Reply #34 on: May 14, 2006, 09:35:21 PM »
8 please

Offline Mallory16

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Icon by Gemma Moody
« Reply #35 on: May 14, 2006, 09:42:41 PM »
Well, it's going to have to slow down to hit the $1.00... it's not going to be $1.00, now let's hope for 80¢.  Let's hope it stops on 80¢.

No, just 35¢.  Well, you still have a decent chance of winning, even if it's not that great a chance.  Fire, 35¢ is the score for you to beat.

Offline BRB_TheFireball

• Double Showcase Winner
  • A Man Without A Forum
« Reply #36 on: May 15, 2006, 09:37:19 AM »
#3 for Allen Iverson.  :-D

Offline LiteBulb88

• 4/15/2019
  • TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #37 on: May 15, 2006, 09:47:54 AM »
I can just picture AI playing Superball!:

Bob:  Your first ball is a practice ball.  Now don't throw it too hard!

AI:  Practice ball?  I don't need no stinkin' practice ball!

Offline BRB_TheFireball

• Double Showcase Winner
  • A Man Without A Forum
« Reply #38 on: May 15, 2006, 10:03:58 AM »
I can just picture AI playing Superball!:

Bob: Your first ball is a practice ball. Now don't throw it too hard!

AI: Practice ball? I don't need no stinkin' practice ball!

Actually, AI would throw his practice ball, but not until an hour after Bob throws his.

Offline Mallory16

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Icon by Gemma Moody
« Reply #39 on: May 15, 2006, 10:49:52 AM »
And I have no idea where it's going to stop, but you've won.  There's just nothing small enough in the neighboorhood here, so Fire, you are going to be in the showcase, next!

BRB_TheFireball, you are the top winner in the showcase today, rob79, you are the runner up, and they would like to see the first showcase!

Rich:  This showcase is all about the fun you can have with the word COOK.  And if you add a WARE to the end of the word, you get COOKWARE, as in this lovely cookware.  The Calphalon contemporary stainless 8-piece cookware set is perfect for the chef in your family.

Next, if you take off the COOKWAR, because we were never very interested in the not so great War of the Cooks of the seventeenth century, and we add Mr. T to the beginning, making Mr. TE, 'cause Mr. T makes everything cool... but then, let's take away the Mr. and add a VISION.  TEVISION... no, let's make it French, because French sounds cool, and add a random LE in front of VISION, for LE VISION.  Let's see... TE LE VISION... TELEVISION!

We have our new word TELEVISION, and a TV is your next prize!  It's the Viewsonic N4050W 40-inch Nextvision HD-ready LCD widescreen TV, which you can use to really watch all your favorite shows while paying close detail to every little blemish on every actor!

And finally, we have TELEVISION... let's take out the ELE and the SION, leaving us with TVI, which isn't really English.  Let's throw in an X and a Z in there, because those are the coolest letters of the alphabet... TVIXZ.  Now, let's differentiate for X, so we have to put X on one side of the equation, and delta TVIZ on the other.  Now, we have to use imaginary numbers for this, so pi will do.  X times pi equals TVIZ, plus the square root of the tangent of the trapezoid and the Freakazoid... 3, 9, 46, 371,292... ah, X equals CAR!

It's a new car!  a Toyota Camry, a fun little sedan to go riding around from there and back for all your needs.  Comes with standard features, it's a Toyota Camry!

And this showcase, in which Frank has learned that word play showcases just plain suck, can be yours if the price is right!

And Fire, if you like this showcase, you may bid.  If you don't like it, pass it to rob, and he gets to bid.

Offline Futuregsh

• TPiR Alumnus
Re: Frank's Price is Right: Episode 15--SHOWCASE
« Reply #40 on: May 15, 2006, 12:12:54 PM »
My suggestion- $19,000

Offline Gatorman

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #41 on: May 15, 2006, 12:26:17 PM »
Nah, I would go higher...say, $22,500.

Offline Jordanar18

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Currently, I live in the past.
« Reply #42 on: May 15, 2006, 01:43:45 PM »
Unless the TV is really expensive, this showcase isn't worth too much.  A Camry with just standard features is probably around $17-$18K, so I would say about $20,500.

Offline LiteBulb88

• 4/15/2019
  • TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #43 on: May 15, 2006, 01:45:42 PM »
A showcase about the word 'cook' that contained a TV & a car?  I would say Frank needs help with the English language :lol:.

Offline BRB_TheFireball

• Double Showcase Winner
  • A Man Without A Forum
« Reply #44 on: May 15, 2006, 07:01:34 PM »
Sure, I'll bid this showcase.

$22,800