Author Topic: Hell's Kitchen season SIX  (Read 2201 times)

Offline Rlotpir1972

• Double Showcase Winner
Hell's Kitchen season SIX
« on: July 19, 2009, 03:27:10 PM »
I can't wait for this Tuesday when FOX aires the sixth season of "Hell's Kitchen".  16 more chefs compete for a position as executive chef at a restaurant up north.  Gordon Ramsey will be more dangerous than the previous seasons and more surprises awaits the 16 hopefuls.  As I saw on www.fox.com, a seventh season is in the works for the winter edition.  I'm still waiting on the season two DVD uncensored collection.

Offline bingocaller1

• Walking the Golden Road
Re: Hell's Kitchen season SIX
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2009, 04:42:36 PM »
I am just mad that they changed the air date from Thursday to Tuesday.

Offline sideshowPA

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2009, 04:49:37 PM »
I am a big Gordon Ramsey fan, and like Kitchen Nightmares on BBC America the most.  Having said that, I have given up on Kitchen Nightmares since last season.  The show has become somewhat of a parody of itself, and is ripe to become a drinking game.  Anytime someone messes up the rissoto or undercooks the wellingtons, you have to do a shot.
"I don't want to hear disorganized beeping." - Bob Barker

Offline crinos43

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2009, 07:11:56 PM »
I look forward to this season. I'm a huge fan of Gordon and how he rips into the contestants.
I support The Price is Right.

Offline sideshowPA

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2009, 07:30:22 PM »
I am a big Gordon Ramsey fan, and like Kitchen Nightmares on BBC America the most.  Having said that, I have given up on Kitchen Nightmares since last season.  The show has become somewhat of a parody of itself, and is ripe to become a drinking game.  Anytime someone messes up the rissoto or undercooks the wellingtons, you have to do a shot.

Have to correct myself:  I am a big fan of Nightmares, but have given up on Hell's Kitchen since last season....
"I don't want to hear disorganized beeping." - Bob Barker

Offline goldroadfanatic

• 2/22/2024
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • One Dollar!
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2009, 07:33:34 PM »
I wonder why Fox is doing more than one season in one calendar year.  Since its debut in 2005, it's been only once a year, usually as filler on Fox's schedule.  I wonder why they are doing two seasons verbatim Survivor since 2001.

Honestly, the show's a joke now, you only watch it to see what dish the chefs mess up and to hear Ramsay yell out them and come up with phrases like "Where's the lamb sauuuuceeee?" and "You're about as far away from your own restaurant as I am from (BEEP)ing home!" and to see him bang his head in frustration against the counter or wall.
"Cherish the past, accept the present, and anticipate the future.  They are listening to feedback wherever feasible, but they can't repeat the past."

Offline PriceFanArmadillo

• -This space for rent-
« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2009, 09:55:38 AM »
I wonder why Fox is doing more than one season in one calendar year.  Since its debut in 2005, it's been only once a year, usually as filler on Fox's schedule. 

Apparently, Fox needs a lot of filler.

Have to correct myself:  I am a big fan of Nightmares, but have given up on Hell's Kitchen since last season....

I have yet to give up on HK, but that's mostly because I missed seasons 2, 3, and 4.  As for Nightmares...I was surprised to find that, when my satellite package was dropped to a lower tier to save money, I missed not KN a lot more than anything else...including GSN as a whole.
Armadillo is exactly right - ClockGameJohn
---------------------------------------
The Here Moderates This Here Site Here Guy

Offline jharvey79

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2009, 10:51:35 PM »
As a fan of reality shows in general, Hell's Kitchen I look forward to each time. I am so happy they are now doing two seasons a year.
Will Plinko ever be won???

Offline thewhammy_2000

• Double Showcase Winner
    • The FunDMental Game Show Site
« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2009, 02:23:00 PM »
I've tried to watch Survivor, The Amazing Race, America's Got Talent, et. al. reality Shows and I could not follow near the ends of their first seasons.

Ever since I saw the first episode of the first season of Hell's Kitchen, not only did I follow it, I taped every episode ever since. With Kitchen Nightmares (US) starting, it took me a little while to get used to it; but now, every show he does, I want to watch it. Heck, sometimes I wonder how I would do if I actually came on the show.

Maybe it's because the environment of a restaurant and the style of Gordon Ramsay is unusual until now that I've became a fan of his shows and his culinary tactics. I almost tried to go to his London L. A. restaurant after my tapings this year because I really wanted to try his infamous risotto, spaghetti lobster, and Beef Wellington.

I have still yet to get the PC game that is still at my local Best Buy (it's half off at $9.99!). I'm going to get it before it's too late. One of my friends has the uncensored season 1 already and have just finished watching it again.

Finally, someting fresh to watch instead of Wipeout, ... Japanese Game Show (which is kind of like Hell's Kitchen in a way), and ... 5th Grader.

Also, The Ohio Players plugged the show when they performed "Fire" in Chicago this past pre-Fathers' Day concert in which I attended. What fun it was to sing that song with my father.

Fiiiiiiiiirrrrrrrrre....
My somewhat popular YouTube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/thewhammy83 for Price, PYL, and other game shows.

Offline PriceFanArmadillo

• -This space for rent-
« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2009, 10:13:06 AM »
Oh lord...caught the second hour last night, and am I mistaken, or is there not a single new 'character' this season with any redeeming qualities whatsoever?
Armadillo is exactly right - ClockGameJohn
---------------------------------------
The Here Moderates This Here Site Here Guy

Offline sjd93

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #10 on: July 22, 2009, 10:45:13 AM »
Oh lord...caught the second hour last night, and am I mistaken, or is there not a single new 'character' this season with any redeeming qualities whatsoever?

There is not. I watch the show for Gordon Ramsay, but it's true that pretty much all the contestants on the show are EXTREMELY unlikable.
I find it ironic how the show tries to mix up the prizes and offer "cool" things like over-stuffed trips and impossible to price items to make the show less "predictable." Yet, the same things happen every single time a show airs.

-temptation1979ga