Author Topic: Brandi Sherwood  (Read 7152 times)

Offline Denials

• Walking the Golden Road
Re: Brandi Sherwood
« Reply #15 on: July 23, 2009, 10:18:39 AM »
Does anyone know the answer to the original question asked in this thread?  Now that they've started taping...I was hoping we might know - Brandi is my favorite model!

Offline ayoung

• Double Showcase Winner
  • everybody loves me.
    • my facebook
« Reply #16 on: July 23, 2009, 04:36:47 PM »
Now that Brandi has been away... Amber has been my fav. When Brandi comes back i'm hoping we can settle this in some sort of model wrestling match in a ring full of pudding. I'm sure Drew can make this happen. I need closure.
You people make me sick.  Every last one of you.

Offline Joe_Capitano

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #17 on: July 23, 2009, 04:59:26 PM »
You, sir, are in need of some help.

The only place I want to see pudding is in a bowl with some whip on top of it. Then, gimme a spoon.

Offline priceguy

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #18 on: July 23, 2009, 10:17:08 PM »
You, sir, are in need of some help.

The only place I want to see pudding is in a bowl with some whip on top of it. Then, gimme a spoon.

Mmmm...pudding.  THAT'S IT!!!  I'm making some pudding. Later all.

Offline edmojautis

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #19 on: July 23, 2009, 10:21:12 PM »
Brandi will be back soon. I just know she will.

Well, I don't know which classic model I can compare her, too. She has the beautiful brunette hair of Holly, The sweet personality of Janice, and the extreme sex appeal of Dian altogether.

Brandi is the best, By far!!! :-)

Offline Joe_Capitano

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #20 on: July 24, 2009, 05:28:52 AM »
As far as I'm concerned, they're all one of a kind.

BTW: This Saturday marks 20 years since a Moment of Great Significance in Brandi's life. It was on July 25, 1989 that the pride of Don and Shirley (and Idaho Falls, for that matter) took Miss Teen USA for Idaho. Eight years later, she inherited the Miss USA crown, and the rest is history.

Offline PriceForever

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #21 on: July 24, 2009, 10:54:55 AM »
Brandi better be back!  She's my favorite model on the show.

Her absense worries me.

I hope Drew and his gang of didn't decide that Brandi needed to be let go.

Offline FPGWillyT

• 12/22/2006
  • FPG Host & TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #22 on: July 24, 2009, 08:23:15 PM »
Uh, not sure if you're joking or not, so I'll assume you're not.

Holly Hallstrom, the TPIR model from 1977 to 1995.

Ohhhhh.....THAT Holly.  :D

Offline sjd93

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #23 on: July 25, 2009, 09:54:18 AM »
I find it ironic how the show tries to mix up the prizes and offer "cool" things like over-stuffed trips and impossible to price items to make the show less "predictable." Yet, the same things happen every single time a show airs.

-temptation1979ga

Offline left4thehouse

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #24 on: July 25, 2009, 02:07:02 PM »
First, having spent my formative years in southern Idaho, we just grow 'em that way. It's the potatoes.

Second, if I knew there was pudding, I'd shown up to this thread sooner.

Third, after seeing this month's cover of Vouge (I believe) I wondered to myself if Christy Turlington is really a Brandi Sherwood doppelganger. (Sorry about the lack of a link, gotta look like I'm employed now)

Offline KJPatrick2000

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #25 on: July 25, 2009, 05:15:04 PM »
It's taken me a while to accept that Janice, Holly and Kathleen are history.   Brandi is certainly one of my favorites but I do like Rachel Reynolds too.  They both belong on TPiR. 

Offline Rlotpir1972

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #26 on: July 26, 2009, 09:04:45 AM »
Now that Brandi has been away... Amber has been my fav. When Brandi comes back i'm hoping we can settle this in some sort of model wrestling match in a ring full of pudding. I'm sure Drew can make this happen. I need closure.
Better yet, they could always ask Mr. Vincent Kennedy McMahon.

Offline sjd93

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #27 on: July 26, 2009, 09:55:14 AM »
It's taken me a while to accept that Janice, Holly and Kathleen are history.   Brandi is certainly one of my favorites but I do like Rachel Reynolds too.  They both belong on TPiR. 

Yeah, Brandi and Rachel are good. Manuela and Lanisha are too. Personally, for me, the 4 of them should be the show's permanent models - I don't care too much for Amber or Gwendolyn.
I find it ironic how the show tries to mix up the prizes and offer "cool" things like over-stuffed trips and impossible to price items to make the show less "predictable." Yet, the same things happen every single time a show airs.

-temptation1979ga

Offline vdw58

• Outside in Line
« Reply #28 on: August 17, 2009, 07:22:07 PM »
I think Rachel reminds me the most of Janice. If you watch Rachel model, her hand gestures are pretty close to Janice's. Lanisha reminds me of Dian. Lanisha tends to raise her leg when she flips the the price tag in Switch? and it reminds me of the "sexiness" Dian portrayed on the show. As for Brandi, she does remind me of Holly when they used to have scripted showcases. Holly usually played the wacky characters and Brandi played a few of them in the past. I could see Holly in that ant costume that Brandi wore a few seasons back in a showcase.
Who reminds you of Kathleen?

Offline 3StrikesFan

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #29 on: August 17, 2009, 09:47:32 PM »
Who reminds you of Kathleen?

Kathleen had a lot of Dian's qualities in sexuality. She winked a lot and had that come hither (Lord, no one says that anymore) look about her. You saw it a lot when she showed a grocery product plug in an IUFB. She had an ability to make those products look inviting, despite the fact that a ton were hard to get excited about. That's something that lacks with the current models, in my opinion. I like them, but their modeling styles are too forced. With Janice, Kathleen, Dian, Gena, Chantel, and Holly, their modeling looked like it was all their own. They did what they wanted, whether they were told to model a certain way or not.

I guess it's also because Dian and Kathleen were friends with each other after Kathleen joined the show. Maybe, Dian showed her some of her "modeling moves." As far as new models compare to Kathleen, I can't think of one that comes as close. It doesn't mean there isn't, I just can't think of one.