Author Topic: Holly's 1983 Absence  (Read 7391 times)

Offline sjd93

• Double Showcase Winner
Re: Holly's 1983 Absence
« Reply #30 on: July 29, 2009, 04:16:38 PM »
^^^^^ Bingo!

This whole set of exchanges seems to accept the notion that Holly was actually fired for her weight.  Does anyone still really believe that?  Really?

No, I don't. Holly might have gained a little weight, but I personally do believe it was because of the whole lawsuit debacle.
I find it ironic how the show tries to mix up the prizes and offer "cool" things like over-stuffed trips and impossible to price items to make the show less "predictable." Yet, the same things happen every single time a show airs.

-temptation1979ga

Offline price_authority

• Double Showcase Winner
Re: Holly's 1983 Absence
« Reply #31 on: July 29, 2009, 09:55:45 PM »
How utterly insensitive of you. Holly had reached middle age. I hope your parents or your biology teacher explained to you what happens when a woman reaches middle age. Things start to change.

Then she should have retired gracefully.

Or lose the weight! Do you remember my saying she went off her meds for that purpose?

This whole set of exchanges seems to accept the notion that Holly was actually fired for her weight.  Does anyone still really believe that?  Really?

Holly herself explains what happened in an audio interview with Chris Mann. It's a matter of whether you believe Holly's or Barker's account.

For me, Barker has very little credibility so I believe Holly's account.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2009, 12:37:37 AM by temptation1979ga »
Before you call your lawyer to sue me, know that everything contained in this post and in all of my posts past, present and future is entirely MY PERSONAL OPINION.