Author Topic: Cues  (Read 15980 times)

Offline TPIR-Fan-9109

• In Contestant's Row
Cues
« on: May 13, 2006, 11:16:26 PM »
Does anyone know where a clean version of Cue 87 is?
Also what happened to Eric Hjelm's Game Show Theme Collection with the TPIR Library O'Music?

Offline OldPrice75

• Taking a Bonus Spin
Re: Cues
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2006, 11:15:36 AM »
You're right, I can't get to the Library O' Music anymore.
But I too would be interesed in a clean Cue 87.

Offline styleguy

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2006, 02:53:04 PM »
Which one is Cue 87?  I might like to have it if someone can find it.

Offline Chief-O

• Double Showcase Winner
Re: Cue 87
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2006, 03:06:04 PM »
They usually play it for beds and other furniture. It's the same arrangement as the "contestants not appearing on stage" cue, but with synth [?] replacing the piano lead.

Offline OldPrice75

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2006, 07:52:26 PM »
You can hear a sample of it at J-shea's website.

Offline OneDollarBob

• In the Audience
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2006, 12:11:08 AM »
Cue 87 features brass on the lead, strings for backup, and a synth accompaniment.  To my knowledge, Cue 87 is not available in virgin form anywhere.  The closest you can get is Cue 86, which is the same rhythm bed but with Fender Rhodes electric piano and is still occasionally used for grocery descriptions.  There's also a cue floating around out there that claims to be the "Contestants Not Appearing" cue, but is just the piano and is missing the vital synth accompaniment (which gives it that Pricey feel).

My personal favourite of late is Cue 71, still used for electric piano prizes and computers (IUFB only).  The synth is killer, and the funk bass with cha-ching on the triangle is too groovy for words.  This is yet another unavailable cue.  Oh well.  Who knows what untold cues are lost to obscurity.

Offline D11

• In the Audience
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2006, 07:37:33 PM »
The ones I really like and would love to get my hands on are the cues which are an arrangement of the main theme. It's a shame the only one they still regularly play is the xylophone one. I also really like Cue 39.

Offline OldPrice75

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2006, 07:42:44 PM »
OneDollarBob wrote:
My personal favourite of late is Cue 71, still used for electric piano prizes and computers (IUFB only). The synth is killer, and the funk bass with cha-ching on the triangle is too groovy for words. This is yet another unavailable cue. Oh well. Who knows what untold cues are lost to obscurity.

Cue of late?  Cue 71 has been there from the start.

Offline goldroadfanatic

• 2/22/2024
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • One Dollar!
« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2006, 08:08:46 PM »
On Daniel's playing of Shopping Spree in 2002, what cue was used to describe the prizes?  It would be great to tell me, thanks.
"Cherish the past, accept the present, and anticipate the future.  They are listening to feedback wherever feasible, but they can't repeat the past."

Offline styleguy

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2006, 08:13:13 PM »
On that playing, the cue played was the "Fortune Hunter" cue.  I have it, but I'm not sure if you can still get it online.  Casey Buck may have it, I'm not sure.

Offline goldroadfanatic

• 2/22/2024
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • One Dollar!
« Reply #10 on: May 15, 2006, 08:31:29 PM »
Thank you so much, I appreciate it!
"Cherish the past, accept the present, and anticipate the future.  They are listening to feedback wherever feasible, but they can't repeat the past."

Offline Casey

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #11 on: May 15, 2006, 08:43:51 PM »

D11 wrote:
The ones I really like and would love to get my hands on are the cues which are an arrangement of the main theme. It's a shame the only one they still regularly play is the xylophone one. I also really like Cue 39.

They also routinely use a string version of the main theme cue, usually when a clock is the item being bid upon.  To my untrained ear, it sounds like a plucked violin is the lead instrument, but I'm sure that isn't quite right.

Offline OneDollarBob

• In the Audience
« Reply #12 on: May 16, 2006, 01:06:01 AM »

OldPrice75 wrote:
Cue of late?  Cue 71 has been there from the start.

I never said it wasn't there from the start.  "Of late" means "lately," like my favourite cue lately has been 71, though before that, my favourite cue was the grocery portion from Walking.

My least favourite cues, however, will always be the yucky '90s package and anything else introduced after that.  Sounds like hold music from my credit card customer service hotline.

Offline styleguy

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #13 on: May 16, 2006, 06:47:15 PM »
You're welcome goldroadfanatic.

Offline OldPrice75

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #14 on: May 16, 2006, 08:09:26 PM »
OneDollarBob wrote:

"OldPrice75 wrote:
Cue of late? Cue 71 has been there from the start."

I never said it wasn't there from the start. "Of late" means "lately," like my favourite cue lately has been 71, though before that, my favourite cue was the grocery portion from Walking. Quote:

Got it.  ;-) But I still don't get how to quote 2 posts at once.