Author Topic: 7,000 Episode  (Read 19518 times)

Offline TVLubber

• In Contestant's Row
Re: 7,000 Episode
« Reply #15 on: August 04, 2009, 09:18:31 PM »
Dude, for your own sake, I seriously suggest you quit posting for a while.

At the very least, replace the batteries in your sarcasm detector.
Do you not know sarcasm when you notice it? I was being sarcastic about this "history repeats itself"! You're only saying all that, because you're one of the very few who did NOT like any of those moments. And why do you suggest that I stop posting? I was honest most of the time, until you detested every one of them.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2009, 09:22:19 PM by TVLubber »

Offline goldroadfanatic

• 2/22/2024
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • One Dollar!
« Reply #16 on: August 04, 2009, 09:33:53 PM »
Actually, Steve was one of the few who liked the Jack Wagner fiasco.  I'm not sure of his take on the other antics of last season, though.
"Cherish the past, accept the present, and anticipate the future.  They are listening to feedback wherever feasible, but they can't repeat the past."

Offline TVLubber

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #17 on: August 04, 2009, 09:36:48 PM »
Actually, Steve was one of the few who liked the Jack Wagner fiasco.  I'm not sure of his take on the other antics of last season, though.
I thought he didn't like it.

Offline brtsimpson142

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #18 on: August 04, 2009, 10:52:54 PM »
TVLubber, I'm gonna side with Steve on this one...probably a good idea to just quit while you're ahead.
Bazinga!

Online SteveGavazzi

• Loyal Friend and True &
  • Director
« Reply #19 on: August 04, 2009, 11:10:54 PM »
Do you not know sarcasm when you notice it?

Coming from you?  No.  You have a history of not understanding things like this; you are not in a position to expect anyone to think you weren't being serious.

You're only saying all that, because you're one of the very few who did NOT like any of those moments.

Aside from you having totally missed the point, that isn't even true.

And why do you suggest that I stop posting?

Because I don't like watching people make fools of themselves.

I was honest most of the time, until you detested every one of them.

Every one of what?  That sentence doesn't even make sense.

TVLubber, I'm gonna side with Steve on this one...probably a good idea to just quit while you're ahead.

I think it's a bit late for that. :P
"Every game is somebody's favorite." -- Wise words from Roger Dobkowitz.

Offline sideshowPA

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #20 on: August 04, 2009, 11:15:08 PM »
So....they gave out fried chicken...or no?
"I don't want to hear disorganized beeping." - Bob Barker

Offline brtsimpson142

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #21 on: August 04, 2009, 11:50:40 PM »
Sideshow, I think it's safe to assume we're being joked with.

At least, I hope so...

Without delving too far into the nuts and bolts of how it went, I just want to know one thing of those that were there:  was it done properly?  What I mean is, did they honor the occasion with the proper respect and dignity, a la "50 Years in Television"?  Or did they pull a Jack Wagner on us and have inexplicable guest stars and other assorted random gags on the show?
Bazinga!

Offline The_Great_Butler

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #22 on: August 04, 2009, 11:56:34 PM »
Come on, you guys. Wasn't "he told them the exact price of the showcase" enough of a tipoff?
I'll put this in here, but I didn't want it to overshadow the more interesting topic of specials. Earlier in the show Mike and Beth talked about Jenny McCarthy's appointment to The View and it leads to Mike talking about her appearance on Price. Mike says that he and the staff mulled over whether or not to have her on the show because of the controversy that follows her. They ultimately decided to have her because she's "a great advocate for what she believes in." Now, Mike didn't specify exactly what he meant by "what she believes in" and what "belief" of her's that he's addressing, but that could certainly be taken the wrong way.

Offline Ton80

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #23 on: August 05, 2009, 12:53:32 AM »
Quote from: The_Great_Butler
Come on, you guys. Wasn't "he told them the exact price of the showcase" enough of a tipoff?
Apparently not.

Quote from: TVLubber
I was being sarcastic about this "history repeats itself"!
That wasn't sarcasm.  It was just a comment in response to sarcasm.

Now, back to the original topic...

At least the show is honoring the 7,000th episode.  I was half-afraid that someone would completely forget about this milestone.  I sincerely hope that it was an honorable show and not a train wreck.

Quote from: SteveGavazzi
It would also really be the 7,145th show.
Does anyone know how the count got so screwed up in the first place? 
Quote from: PriceFanArmadillo
Ton80 is also a three-time Sarcasm Cup champion.

Offline goldroadfanatic

• 2/22/2024
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • One Dollar!
« Reply #24 on: August 05, 2009, 01:29:40 AM »
They came close in 1992 to the 4,000th show, but they announced the milestone eight shows too soon.  Sometime between that and the "5,000th Show" in 1998, the disparity increased greatly.
"Cherish the past, accept the present, and anticipate the future.  They are listening to feedback wherever feasible, but they can't repeat the past."

Online SteveGavazzi

• Loyal Friend and True &
  • Director
« Reply #25 on: August 05, 2009, 03:45:05 AM »
Does anyone know how the count got so screwed up in the first place?

As much as I'd love an explanation, I doubt anyone does.  I think John once told me that keeping track of the episode count was the responsibility of someone at CBS and not of anyone at the show, so most of the staff probably wouldn't even have a reason to know.  In fact, I doubt most of them are even aware of it; I know it was brought up to Roger, but he couldn't believe the count was that far off (and it's hard to blame him, given how ridiculous it sounds), and we never did find a way to convince him of it before he was fired.
"Every game is somebody's favorite." -- Wise words from Roger Dobkowitz.

Offline gman0882

• In the Audience
« Reply #26 on: August 05, 2009, 03:52:43 AM »
And by this point they are probably either too proud or don't care enough to bother going back to get the correct count (or just listening to us)

Offline tpirfan28

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #27 on: August 05, 2009, 09:01:13 AM »
So....they gave out fried chicken...or no?
This time, grilled.
They can be close at the top, too.
#42SP

Offline PriceFanArmadillo

• -This space for rent-
« Reply #28 on: August 05, 2009, 10:07:07 AM »

By that point, I'd already gotten it and quit reading the post because I figured there was nothing left but a continuation of the joke.

Which reminds me...no one ever did answer...did they give out the fried chicken...or no?
Armadillo is exactly right - ClockGameJohn
---------------------------------------
The Here Moderates This Here Site Here Guy

Offline rgf12311970

• Outside in Line
« Reply #29 on: August 05, 2009, 10:43:52 AM »
Bob's final show was Show#6,586. So add 190 from S36 =6,776, and 191 from S37 =6,967. Show No# 7,000 airs on Nov. 4th, this is how i have it.