Author Topic: Bob Barker to WWE?...No, seriously.  (Read 25769 times)

Offline wvoutlaw2002

• In Contestant's Row
    • XXCE Linux
Re: Bob Barker to WWE?...No, seriously.
« Reply #15 on: August 05, 2009, 04:09:25 PM »
And don't forget you commentators, Gorilla and The Weasel.

Yeah, except the Gorilla (Monsoon) is dead, and the Weasel (Bobby Heenan) is unable to talk because of jaw surgery that was necessary because of his bout with throat cancer.

Can you imagine Rich Fields opening RAW like this?

(Show opens up with the "Walking" come on down music.) "Here it comes! Television's most exciting 2 hours of fantastic sports entertainment! The fabulous, 120 minute RAW Is Right! Ted DiBiase, COME ON DOWN! Cody Rhodes, COME ON DOWN! The Heartbreak Kid Shawn Michaels, COME ON DOWN! And Triple H, COME ON DOWN! You are the four main eventers on The RAW Is Right!" (Music changes to the Price Is Right theme.) "And now here's the STAR of The RAW is Right, BOBBBBBBBBB BARRRRRRRRRKERRRRRRRRR!"

:-)

Offline rob79

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #16 on: August 05, 2009, 04:41:08 PM »
Yeah and Drew still owes me money from the Royal Rumble!

*was in the 5th row by the entrance walkway*

I remember that particular Royal Rumble--I caught it on PPV. I was hoping someone like the Undertaker would have Tombstoned him or Stone Cold would have given him a stunner. I really would have loved that and rolled madly in the floor laughing if it would have happened.

Offline edmojautis

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #17 on: August 05, 2009, 06:39:34 PM »
Oh My!!! I don't watch an entire show of RAW anymore. But this would be the last time that I watch a complete show if that happens!!!

Offline PriceFanArmadillo

• -This space for rent-
« Reply #18 on: August 06, 2009, 02:28:47 PM »
I remember that particular Royal Rumble--I caught it on PPV. I was hoping someone like the Undertaker would have Tombstoned him or Stone Cold would have given him a stunner. I really would have loved that and rolled madly in the floor laughing if it would have happened.

Heh...the Royal Rumble was always my favorite match to watch on VHS, back in the days when my family owned a video store.  In fact, I'm pretty sure I swiped the 1991 RR VHS when my parents sold the store (they'd lost the box, so no one ever rented it anyway or even knew we had it).  Wish I knew where that tape is now...

That and the Survivor Series, you know, back when they actually had Survivor matches.
Armadillo is exactly right - ClockGameJohn
---------------------------------------
The Here Moderates This Here Site Here Guy

Offline ayoung

• Double Showcase Winner
  • everybody loves me.
    • my facebook
« Reply #19 on: August 06, 2009, 02:34:37 PM »
Heh...the Royal Rumble was always my favorite match to watch on VHS, back in the days when my family owned a video store.  In fact, I'm pretty sure I swiped the 1991 RR VHS when my parents sold the store

That match included the epic moment of Bushwacker Luke getting eliminated in 4 seconds.
You people make me sick.  Every last one of you.

Offline crinos43

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #20 on: August 06, 2009, 02:40:28 PM »
Just for the added heat, I could see the recently-removed-from-RAW Miz (Who is from Cleveland) come down to tell Bob how he thinks Drew is a much better host of the show.

For all we know, Bob might do an awesome job hosting RAW. I mean, you really can't get much worse than Seth Green actually getting in a match against Legacy.
I support The Price is Right.

Offline Drewfan2008

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #21 on: August 06, 2009, 02:43:45 PM »
I mean, you really can't get much worse than Seth Green actually getting in a match against Legacy.
That was not awful at all. Now Dr. Ken and Jeremy Piven.... That's Bad.

Offline ayoung

• Double Showcase Winner
  • everybody loves me.
    • my facebook
« Reply #22 on: August 06, 2009, 02:46:11 PM »
Piven called it Summerfest...  it was a pretty funny wrestlingFAIL

Offline brian1975

• Double Showcase Winner
  • hi there
« Reply #23 on: August 07, 2009, 10:17:22 AM »
if someone guesses the outcome of the main event, do they win a $500 bonus?  or how about both showcases filled with wwe merchandise.
all of this can be yours, if you can afford it.

Offline Brandon2003

• In the Audience
« Reply #24 on: August 07, 2009, 04:33:07 PM »
Guys. look what i found from wrestlingepicenter.com:

Price is Right host Drew Carey has said he would be interested in hosting WWE's Monday Night RAW once the MLS season is over. Carey is a part owner of the MLS team Seattle Sounders.

UNBELIVABLE! First Bob, and now Drew. Who's next? Regis?

Offline chad1m

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #25 on: August 07, 2009, 04:39:38 PM »
Price is Right host Drew Carey has said he would be interested in hosting WWE's Monday Night RAW once the MLS season is over. Carey is a part owner of the MLS team Seattle Sounders.
Any other source for this besides wrestling newz sites that didn't give a source?

Offline Kyle

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #26 on: August 07, 2009, 05:25:20 PM »
Speaking of wrestling, I was watching "Rocky III" the other day and noted that Dennis James played himself as the wrestling commentator during the Rocky/Thunderlips charity match. Looks like Price's association with wrestling extends pretty far back!

Offline ayoung

• Double Showcase Winner
  • everybody loves me.
    • my facebook
« Reply #27 on: August 07, 2009, 07:23:27 PM »
Drew did participate in the 2001 Royal Rumble, so i wouldnt be surprised to see him host raw.

Offline Superballer

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #28 on: August 07, 2009, 10:55:53 PM »
Guys. look what i found from wrestlingepicenter.com:

UNBELIVABLE! First Bob, and now Drew. Who's next? Regis?

Would you believe...Guy Smiley?  Certainly his schedule's been open for the last 20 years. 

Offline wvoutlaw2002

• In Contestant's Row
    • XXCE Linux
« Reply #29 on: August 07, 2009, 11:10:48 PM »
I can picture Rich as the guest ring announcer if Bob or Drew guest-hosted RAW. Imagine this intro for a Divas' battle royal.

"The following match is a Divas' Cliff Hangers match for the WWE Divas' Championship! The object of the match is to climb the mountain and retrieve the championship belt! Challenger Gail Kim, COME ON DOWN!!!!!! And Divas' Champion Mickie James, COME ON DOWN!!!!!!"

Or imagine a "Lethal Lottery" tag team match where you have to choose your tag team partner.....by dropping a Plinko chip. ;D