Author Topic: Bob Barker to WWE?...No, seriously.  (Read 52469 times)

Offline Hag

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Don't fork too soon.
Re: Bob Barker to WWE?...No, seriously.
« Reply #150 on: September 08, 2009, 12:29:30 AM »
I thought it was fun to watch.
2nd place, 2011 CSS playoffs.     QSW, 3/27/17, 1/15/18. Exacta, 5/14/21.

"Four cents cost you 10,000 dollars."

Offline 444dd

• Double Showcase Winner
  • HYO #7 will be in a few months
    • My Youtube
« Reply #151 on: September 08, 2009, 07:20:54 AM »
I second that bob was great one of the best nights on Raw in a long time
That wasn't a showcase, that was an infomercial.

Offline PriceForever

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #152 on: September 08, 2009, 08:06:12 AM »
The opening sketch was hilarious.  Bob was great.

The only trouble watching it was that I realize once again how much I miss Bob doing Price.

Offline leafsfan17

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #153 on: September 08, 2009, 08:12:38 AM »
The only trouble watching it was that I realize once again how much I miss Bob doing Price.
I think we all miss Bob doing Price.
Dr. Pepper: Not recommended for Skype chats

Offline TheBigAK

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #154 on: September 08, 2009, 08:21:23 AM »
He was clearly there to promote his book.   He clearly had a good time.   God I miss that smile on TV.

It was great that they used The Fink, and that he got camera time.

The big wheel thing was cheesy, but I'm guessing they didn't have permission to use the real thing, and it made it easy to be scripted.

For a man of 84, he still has it.

Glad he got to do the Spay / Neuter plug.  I'm sure he would have it no other way.
I'm TheBigAK...and I APPROVE this post.

Offline 88JRFAN

• Double Showcase Winner
  • HAPPY 52ND SEASON, PRICE!!!
« Reply #155 on: September 08, 2009, 08:38:58 AM »
i ddin't see all of it. I taped the rest of it from 10:30pm-11:30PM. SOOO HILARIOUS!!!  :-D :-D.

What time (eastern) did it actually finish at? I checked my tape this morning and saw there was a match going on right at 11:30pm when the tape stopped
HAPPY 52ND SEASON, PRICE!!!

Offline BobJacobsenVer1

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #156 on: September 08, 2009, 08:57:40 AM »
i ddin't see all of it. I taped the rest of it from 10:30pm-11:30PM. SOOO HILARIOUS!!!  :-D :-D.

What time (eastern) did it actually finish at? I checked my tape this morning and saw there was a match going on right at 11:30pm when the tape stopped

As far as I could tell, it ended around 11:15 PM Est...

Offline ayoung

• Double Showcase Winner
  • everybody loves me.
    • my facebook
« Reply #157 on: September 08, 2009, 09:03:02 AM »
I thought Bob did a great job. I can't believe they used him in so many segments, I figured he'd come out to the arena for the live crowd at 9pm and then it would be all pre taped segments.

Jericho walking out with his name tag on and no shirt was really funny.
You people make me sick.  Every last one of you.

Offline PriceFanArmadillo

• -This space for rent-
« Reply #158 on: September 08, 2009, 10:52:12 AM »
One of the match commentators seems like he LOVES TPIR...he even made mentions of games like "Barkers Markers" and "Trader Bob" and "Stack the Deck"...pretty cool!!

Yeah, the dead giveaway there is mentioning a game that was only around for, what, a few years in the mid-80's?
Armadillo is exactly right - ClockGameJohn
---------------------------------------
The Here Moderates This Here Site Here Guy

Offline crinos43

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #159 on: September 08, 2009, 11:15:29 AM »
Last night's RAW was probably the best one I've seen in ages. Of course, I found myself screaming at the TV doing those one-bids during the two times Contestant's Row was used (I totally overbid on the Smackdown DVD, thinking it was like $40.).

If Drew does host RAW, I am actually hoping that he too gets to do Price is Right.
I support The Price is Right.

Offline dh027

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #160 on: September 08, 2009, 11:25:16 AM »
Let's just hope Fremantle doesn't get any ideas from Raw's "Big Wheel".  I enjoyed the show.  Was it a little cheesy at times?  Yeah.  It was a treat to see Bob again, even if we had to hear the Yolanda story again.

Offline ayoung

• Double Showcase Winner
  • everybody loves me.
    • my facebook
« Reply #161 on: September 08, 2009, 11:40:27 AM »
the mention of those three games on air by Lawler was random and weird.
You people make me sick.  Every last one of you.

Offline thewhammy_2000

• Double Showcase Winner
    • The FunDMental Game Show Site
« Reply #162 on: September 08, 2009, 11:40:51 AM »
Well, after just seeing the post title here for weeks, I was not confirming anything until it was actually true. A couple of my friends, who are WWE fans, told me about it a few days ago, which I figured was a confirmation. The "No, seriously." was another. AND, IT WILL BE DONE IN CHICAGO! Boy, if I had the money and the availibility, I would have so been there. Well, it wasn't actually within the city of Chicago, but close to it. I needed to get a copy of this for my collection. My friends were unable to set up their VCRs for it, so my mother (hopefully) DVRd it (hopefully).

And yes, it was a good show. Liked how the event was introduced (or at least announced) like a regular Price episode. When Mr. Barker appeared, I showed mercy by bowing down to the almighty Bob. During the "One Bids", I had this huge hunch that the bid displays will be used for the new season of Price. Maybe I'm wrong on that. I also liked how the previous Showcase Showdown design was used on the program. All those plugs for the book reminded me I still need to finish my copy of it. Almost everything that had anything to do with Price and/or Mr. Barker I liked, including the "losing horns" and the prize descriptions.

But my personal pinnacles of the program was when Bob pwned Chavo and this, which I kept saying all last night:
"I've got two words for you: Spin It!"

Keep in mind, I am not as much of a WWE fan as my friends, but I still enjoy watching it with them. Unfortunatly, I sometimes make me want to beat up somebody with a chair and/or be smaked with a chair and/or beaten up, like how the program ended. I was kinda concerned if Bob would be anywhere near this, but his spay/neuter plug confirmed to me he was done.

Yes, this was an entertaining show.

{Okay, I think I am wrong about the "One Bid" displays; it's just what I thought when I saw them.}
« Last Edit: September 08, 2009, 11:43:34 AM by thewhammy_2000 »
My somewhat popular YouTube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/thewhammy83 for Price, PYL, and other game shows.

Offline Rlotpir1972

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #163 on: September 08, 2009, 12:00:50 PM »
I saw the show last night and although it was NOT what I expected, I was still fun to watch.  Howard Finkel done a great job as announcer.  Johnny Olson and Rod Roddy would've been proud of him.  The 'one-bid' skit was definitely fixed!  The scorecards WERE NOT the same sportscaster numbers but they DID get the 'xylophone bell' sound (still want the sample) direct from the show.  The matches were planned so the contestant wrestlers WOULD lose.  Chavo Guerrero lost a $75,000-plus Corvette and blamed on Hornswoggle and took his anger on Bob Barker.  BIG MISTAKE!  Bob let him have it like what he did to Happy Gilmore.  Santino Marella got himself tangled with the Big Show in a bodyslam match and they cued the 'losing horns' TWICE!  Santino should've gotten the buzzer first in my opinion.  Bob Barker did his pitch before the main event.  At the end, John Cena gets whacked again by the cowardly Randy Orton.

Offline wvoutlaw2002

• In Contestant's Row
    • XXCE Linux
« Reply #164 on: September 08, 2009, 12:27:14 PM »
bob is still sharp as ever.  and santino needs tweezers for that unibrow.

The unibrow is painted on. ;D

Bob told the tube top story yet again.   ::)  At least he appears to be enjoying himself for this little... whatever you want to call what he's doing.  lol

Did you notice Jillian Hall was wearing a tube top when she was "called down"?

BTW I noticed they used the new losing horns. Makes me miss the old losing horns even more.