Author Topic: BJPCG C & D  (Read 17681 times)

Offline Steven26

• In the Audience
Re: BJPCG C & D
« Reply #30 on: August 19, 2009, 08:13:02 PM »
Wow sorry to hear about that Jon we really love your games i can't believe this im speechless :cry:

Offline brian1975

• Double Showcase Winner
  • hi there
« Reply #31 on: August 19, 2009, 08:18:04 PM »
big jon, i throughly enjoyed your games.  i was hoping to download any updates for the 38th season of tpir, but i don't know if that will happen.  i must say, thank you for creating realistic versions of our favorite game shows.  big jon, i salute you.
all of this can be yours, if you can afford it.

Offline BigJon

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #32 on: August 19, 2009, 08:39:06 PM »
Well, all hope may not be lost... I've got something officially copyrighted now so I might be able to do something, but yes, if the powers continue as expected, the games will be removed, or have a pretty thorough make over
BigJon's TPIR will live on - CSS Host - 2nd Season; CSS Statistician 3rd Season

Offline NickintheATL

• Taking a Bonus Spin
  • TV Button Pusher
    • nicholasmooneyhan.com
« Reply #33 on: August 19, 2009, 08:48:33 PM »
I've got something officially copyrighted now so I might be able to do something, but yes, if the powers continue as expected, the games will be removed, or have a pretty thorough make over

Just what do you have copyrighted?

And even if you make it over, if it's still the format or anything resembling the show, it's still infringement.

Offline BigJon

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #34 on: August 19, 2009, 09:13:58 PM »
Nick, all in due time....  I'll work out the finite details with 'Mantle

HAHA, next thing you'll know, sony will tell people to stop playing hangman at school since it infringes on WOF :)

Offline NickintheATL

• Taking a Bonus Spin
  • TV Button Pusher
    • nicholasmooneyhan.com
« Reply #35 on: August 19, 2009, 09:22:45 PM »
Nick, all in due time....  I'll work out the finite details with 'Mantle

Good luck with that.  Your game is unlicensed.  Ludia's is.  It's crystal clear.  Title 17, Section 107 of the copyright law plainly talks about fair use.  You may want to consider getting a lawyer if it goes that far.

HAHA, next thing you'll know, sony will tell people to stop playing hangman at school since it infringes on WOF :)

Are you kidding me?  WOF is based *ON* hangman, not the other way around.

Offline ClevelandSportsFan23

• Outside in Line
« Reply #36 on: August 19, 2009, 09:24:21 PM »
Wow. You're being an extreme ass to BigJon.

Offline BigJon

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #37 on: August 19, 2009, 09:27:02 PM »
It's fine Cleveland, everyone has their opinion and he's had no problem expressing his opinion about me over the years...

Thanks for pointing out that article to me Nick

And geez, the Hangman comment was joke..... We all are aware of what was based on which
« Last Edit: August 19, 2009, 09:31:05 PM by BigJon »

Offline TYaki

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #38 on: August 19, 2009, 09:36:51 PM »
Well, all hope may not be lost... I've got something officially copyrighted now so I might be able to do something

If you're saying that you've got something "officially" copyrighted yet are working out "finite details" with Fremantle, I'm calling shenanigans.  I'd really love to see proof of this.

How?  He's got the same concern as I do - that we feel that Jon's saying something that seems pretty inconceivable based on precedence of other sites.

Offline hmtriplecrown

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #39 on: August 19, 2009, 09:41:47 PM »
Wow, the n00b with 9 posts is calling one of the better members here an extreme ass.  Once your post count hits double digits, maybe your opinion will matter.

For what it's worth, NicholasM79 knows a little something about the television business, quite a bit more than our "extreme ass"-tossing poster.

Offline NickintheATL

• Taking a Bonus Spin
  • TV Button Pusher
    • nicholasmooneyhan.com
« Reply #40 on: August 19, 2009, 09:45:23 PM »
For what it's worth, NicholasM79 knows a little something about the television business...

Bachelor of Arts in Mass Communications/Broadcasting, East Tennessee State University, Class of 2008.

Next?

Offline BigJon

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #41 on: August 19, 2009, 09:47:57 PM »
As I've said before, everyone has their own opinion and none of us certainly can't please everyone with what they want.  I'm not going to aid in turning this thread into an argument or similar direction.

Again, thanks for your opinions and insight, be it positive, neutral or negative in nature.

And Nick, again thanks for that information; if you ever need someone with a BS and MS in Applied Math, albeit not to much in your field, let me know.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2009, 09:50:35 PM by BigJon »

Offline TYaki

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #42 on: August 19, 2009, 09:51:10 PM »
As I've said before, everyone has their own opinion and none of us certainly can't please everyone with what they want.  I'm not going to aid in turning this thread into an argument or similar direction.

Again, thanks for your opinions and insight, be it positive, neutral or negative in nature.

Jon:  So you can't give us proof?

Offline garffreak

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #43 on: August 19, 2009, 09:56:15 PM »
MAY I TAKE YOUR ORDER A CEASE AND DESIST

Sorry, just a a spill over from another thread.  But seriously, your games rock.  Best wishes to you in this nonsense.
New TPiR Announcer: Gilbert Gottfried.  See?  Things *can* be worse.

Offline BigJon

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #44 on: August 19, 2009, 09:57:36 PM »
TYaki,

I'm not out to show you a bunch of e-mail traffic and recap phone conversations just to prove something to you. I really have no obligation to prove anything to you or anyone else for that matter honestly... And there are something I'd like not to discuss yet.  I hope you could respect that. Being the fact I have zero reason to lie, if you can't take my word for it, then I can't make ya. You can call it whatever you like.  

Sorry...
« Last Edit: August 19, 2009, 10:05:17 PM by BigJon »