Author Topic: GREAT Holly Hallstrom Interview!!!  (Read 33021 times)

Offline sjd93

• Double Showcase Winner
Re: GREAT Holly Hallstrom Interview!!!
« Reply #30 on: August 23, 2009, 07:43:41 PM »
Sorry I have never heard of her.  I have been watching P.i.R. for about 10 years.  I miss Bob alot.  Who is Dr. Carole Lieberman?

Well Holly hasn't been on the show in about 15 years - maybe that's why you don't know of her. Carole Lieberman is the woman who interviewed Holly.
I find it ironic how the show tries to mix up the prizes and offer "cool" things like over-stuffed trips and impossible to price items to make the show less "predictable." Yet, the same things happen every single time a show airs.

-temptation1979ga

Offline sideshowPA

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #31 on: August 23, 2009, 07:53:13 PM »
.... and who is Holly Hallstrom?

I get the same "old" feeling when I teach kids who don't know who Mike Schmidt was.  Where has the time gone?
"I don't want to hear disorganized beeping." - Bob Barker

Offline pentellit

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #32 on: August 23, 2009, 08:03:27 PM »
This is like a broken record, but it has to be repeated in the light of pentellit constantly saying of it every time a Holly thread arises...Holly did not "win" ...the case was settled out of court (usually because BOTH sides don't feel they have a strong enough case to win...or it's cheaper!)
Ok, let's finally get it straight;  Bob Barker fired Holly, and sued her.  And he lost.  In the case of Barker v. Hallstrom, "Hallstrom was declared the prevailing party, and plaintiff Barker was ordered to pay Hallstrom's legal fees."  That is definitely a win.  i.e. Holly won!

Holly countersued Barker and received millions in an out of court settlement.  That's a huge financial win, and of course, the triumph of the moral victory!  I'd say that's a Huge Win!

...the case was settled out of court (usually because BOTH sides don't feel they have a strong enough case to win...or it's cheaper!).
Or in this case, because Bob Barker ddin't want to go to trial, hence the $millions that have been spent paying off all the women he fired who have had to sue Bob Barker.  And that is certainly never cheaper!

Quote from: price_authority
Bob Barker seems to have little regard for testifying truthfully under oath.
Quote from: SteveGavazzi
I really have no desire to sit through another round of this.
      Then don't.
*Before you call your lawyer to sue me, know that everything contained in this post and in all of my posts past, present and future is entirely MY PERSONAL OPINION. (TY p_a ;))

Offline PriceRox

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #33 on: August 23, 2009, 08:32:33 PM »
Much like these threads, I'd pay just so I don't have to hear any more about it!

I have never seen an official amount publicly listed for the settlement, so I don't think any of us really know.  "Millions" (pluralized) could be as little as $2 or 3M.  Since you're required to pay taxes on settlements dealing with lost wages, that will drop the number significantly.  I'm sure Holly had an agent/manager/lawyer who was also entitled to some of those fees.  So how much money did she really get in the end? 

The thing that always puzzled me is how Holly says she refused to sign hush clauses because she wanted people to know the truth.  Yet, she caved and took an out of court settlement for "millions."  That's not exactly holding strong.

For Bob Barker to pay out a few million dollars not to have to deal with all this nonsense is probably a much wiser decision than wasting years and years in litigation.  Even if Holly got $5M (probably a huge exaggeration), it's chump change to Bob!  (Remember, this is the guy who recently gave like $7,000,000 away to several Universities)

Like I said, I'm quite sick of hearing about it myself.  If I had $2,000,000 to give Holly just so we could move on, I'd do it too!

Offline pentellit

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #34 on: August 23, 2009, 08:40:50 PM »
Like I said, I'm quite sick of hearing about it myself. 

Price_Authority said it best!

The title of this thread clearly has the words "Holly Hallstrom" in it. If you're so weary of the subject then why didn't you skip this thread? Who held a gun to your head and made you read it?

Quote from: price_authority
Bob Barker seems to have little regard for testifying truthfully under oath.
Quote from: SteveGavazzi
I really have no desire to sit through another round of this.
      Then don't.
*Before you call your lawyer to sue me, know that everything contained in this post and in all of my posts past, present and future is entirely MY PERSONAL OPINION. (TY p_a ;))

Offline KJPatrick2000

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #35 on: August 23, 2009, 08:44:14 PM »
I, for one, am NOT tired of hearing the TRUTH.  I want to hear the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth.  Barker SPIT upon these women who "gave their all" for him and TPiR over the years.  I tuned in to see Janice, Holly, Dian, Kathleen and Anitra as much - or even more - than to see Barker.  These women helped make TPiR everything it was for 3 decades.  The plain and simple truth is, they deserved better than they got.  Barker NEVER should have been given the position of E.P. and neither should Carey.  I hope to one day know the truth about it all, but I fear we may not know it this side of heaven.  And if some people are tired of hearing about it, I agree that they can skip reading the thread.  Nobody is forcing them.  

Offline TVC

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #36 on: August 23, 2009, 08:50:04 PM »
For Bob Barker to pay out a few million dollars not to have to deal with all this nonsense is probably a much wiser decision than wasting years and years in litigation.
It must be nice to be someone who has the financial means to pay off, intimidate and hush employees who are damaged by their illegal actions.

Like I said, I'm quite sick of hearing about it myself.  If I had $2,000,000 to give Holly just so we could move on, I'd do it too!
I have near zero interest in message threads about the last time Bonus Game was played for a car or advice on how to win at Three Strikes. So, I don't read them.

Offline Casey

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #37 on: August 23, 2009, 08:52:21 PM »
she is a HAS BEEN model who has not been on the show in like 15 years.  there have been many other beautful women since then and none of them are complaning.  im so sick of  it.
How many of them were fired for testifying against Bob Barker?

Offline chris6113

• In the Audience
« Reply #38 on: August 23, 2009, 09:19:38 PM »
I, for one, am NOT tired of hearing the TRUTH.  I want to hear the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth.  Barker SPIT upon these women who "gave their all" for him and TPiR over the years.  I tuned in to see Janice, Holly, Dian, Kathleen and Anitra as much - or even more - than to see Barker.  

YOU GO, BOY!!!  Nice to see someone putting this topic in the exact words I would use to describe it!!!

Offline SteveGavazzi

• Loyal Friend and True &
  • Director
« Reply #39 on: August 23, 2009, 09:44:59 PM »
I've said it before, and I'll say it again:  The odds of getting the unfettered truth about this whole mess from Holly Hallstrom are about as good as the odds of getting it from Bob Barker.  Both of them are hopelessly biased.

And you know, I never thought I'd say this...but I'm actually beginning to have more respect for Barker's stance on the whole thing than I have for Holly's.  God knows Bob did things he shouldn't have done, and I'm sure a large part of the reason he avoids talking about it is that he knows deep down that he was wrong and that no good could come from an open discussion about it...but at least he knows when enough is enough.
"Every game is somebody's favorite." -- Wise words from Roger Dobkowitz.

Offline sjd93

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #40 on: August 23, 2009, 09:57:56 PM »
Steve is exactly right. We're not going to get the truth anytime soon, so it's sort of useless to discuss it unless that changes.

I still do think that Holly is mostly in the right, but she's not exactly making the greatest case for herself with her obvious bias.
I find it ironic how the show tries to mix up the prizes and offer "cool" things like over-stuffed trips and impossible to price items to make the show less "predictable." Yet, the same things happen every single time a show airs.

-temptation1979ga

Offline sunniesocal

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #41 on: August 23, 2009, 10:32:06 PM »
I did not know that Bob Barker sued Holly.  I thought she sued him first.  I had to go to YouTube to make sure.  And yes, Bob sued Holly and lost.  So Holly won!  I also like hearing all sides of any issue, and this was new informatiion.  Way to go Holly!

I'm actually beginning to have more respect for Barker's stance on the whole thing ... he avoids talking about it
Except when he goes on USA Today and calls the models he fired "disgusting".  Real class act.  Not!

Offline SteveGavazzi

• Loyal Friend and True &
  • Director
« Reply #42 on: August 23, 2009, 11:31:39 PM »
Except when he goes on USA Today and calls the models he fired "disgusting".  Real class act.  Not!

Not his fault they asked him the question.  Also not like Bob was going to admit he was wrong.
"Every game is somebody's favorite." -- Wise words from Roger Dobkowitz.

Offline chad1m

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #43 on: August 23, 2009, 11:47:09 PM »
Not his fault they asked him the question.
Of course it's not. But it's his fault that he tossed that barb in the middle of his response when without it, it would have been fine, dandy and acceptable. From the May 14th, 2007 USA Today.

Behind the scenes today, it is hard to find any evidence that these women were ever a part of the show, except for a Polaroid of Hallstrom tacked in a crewmember's locker.

Asked about them, Barker turns sullen. "Let's not get into that," he says firmly. "They've been such a problem. I don't want to say anything about them. They're disgusting; I don't want to mention them."

An appropriate answer would have been "They've been such a problem. I don't want to say anything about them. I don't want to mention them." But throwing "they're disgusting" in there was really uncalled for.

Offline price_authority

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #44 on: August 23, 2009, 11:51:32 PM »
Much like these threads, I'd pay just so I don't have to hear any more about it!

Yet you're reading and posting to a thread titled "GREAT Holly Hallstrom Interview!!!" Did you think it was going to be about the OTHER Holly Hallstrom who was a model on TPIR?

you're required to pay taxes on settlements dealing with lost wages

Her lawsuit was not JUST about lost wages.

So how much money did she really get in the end?

Here's what you do. Send a letter to:

Holly Hallstrom
c/o CBS Television
7800 Beverly Blvd.
Los Angeles, CA, 90036

They will forward the letter to Holly and she will send you a reply stating exactly how much she cleared after taxes, legal expenses, etc. right down to the penny. If you include your home phone number she might even call you.

The thing that always puzzled me is how Holly says she refused to sign hush clauses because she wanted people to know the truth.  Yet, she caved and took an out of court settlement for "millions."  That's not exactly holding strong.

Um, it was Barker's side that caved and offered her a multimillion-dollar settlement without a hush clause. Holly ultimately got what she held out for all along.

For Bob Barker to pay out a few million dollars not to have to deal with all this nonsense is probably a much wiser decision than wasting years and years in litigation.

Want my personal opinion on the matter? Notice how none of these cases went to a jury trial. Based on what I've read, Bob Barker seems to have little regard for testifying truthfully under oath, thus, his attorneys may not have wanted him taking the witness stand where he might take liberties with the truth, thereby committing perjury which is a felony. Of course this theory is merely my personal opinion for which I cannot be successfully sued.

Barker SPIT upon these women who "gave their all" for him and TPiR over the years.

You go, dude. Add Sherrell Paris, Sharon Friem and Linda Riegert to the list. And from what I understand you can add Paul Alter who, though not a woman, was a riot as "Pauline".

The odds of getting the unfettered truth about this whole mess from Holly Hallstrom are about as good as the odds of getting it from Bob Barker.

What about pentellit's account don't you believe? What makes you think she is lying?

I'm actually beginning to have more respect for Barker's stance on the whole thing than I have for Holly's.

You respect him just because he doesn't come on Internet message boards to complain? As I understand it, Barker was offering people the following options: "commit felonious perjury for me or lose your job". And you respect him?

I have near zero interest in message threads about the last time Bonus Game was played for a car or advice on how to win at Three Strikes.

Amen Brother TVCity.

I predict this is just the tip of the iceberg. This whole issue will be revisited and rehashed when Chris Mann's book comes out.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2009, 11:55:24 PM by price_authority »
Before you call your lawyer to sue me, know that everything contained in this post and in all of my posts past, present and future is entirely MY PERSONAL OPINION.