Author Topic: FULL RECAP - TPiR 10/04/2006  (Read 14717 times)

Offline whinbaby

• Double Showcase Winner
  • No whining!
Re: FULL RECAP - TPiR 10/04/2006
« Reply #15 on: October 04, 2006, 07:53:32 PM »
Show #6424

Bidding Round #4
When Bob asked Bradley to bid, WCIA cut to commercials for a minute and 20 seconds and then they cut back to Magic #.  It was a programming error in their control room.

The first Vicki Liviakis & Jim Finnerty Semi-Memorial All Travel Showcase of Season 35
New York City - $5,021
Hilo, Hawaii - $4,860
Moscow, Russia, and Brandi just scored a tetris! - $6,254

Friggin' Random Boat Showcase
LifeCycle Exercise Bike - $2,499
Parabody Home Gym - $2,299
2.5 hp Treadmill - $1,299
Hoverjet GT - $15,263

Modeling Report Card for October 4, 2006
Score to beat:  $56,005

Shane, our "prize hog" finishes today's show with $50,918!

Anyway, you've got 27 prizes worth $107,425!

Offline Aaron A. Camp

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #16 on: October 04, 2006, 08:26:51 PM »
Take Two had an easy setup, to say the least.

Offline SteveGavazzi

• Loyal Friend and True &
  • Director
« Reply #17 on: October 04, 2006, 08:41:09 PM »
Yay for Check Game actually being shown spinning around!

I really don't think Jeffrey understood how to play Check Game...if he did, he clearly doesn't know anything about how much televisions cost.  At any rate, it's not like he never had a chance to change his answer.

My God, Debbie actually played Magic # competently...and that's even more impressive than usual today, because this was far from an easy playing.

Incidentally, is it me, or did Magic # go back to the Season 33 sound effects again?

I don't think I've been as concerned for a contestant as I was for Darcy since...Claudia, I think it was, played Pathfinder a few years ago.  She really looked like she was going to pass out.

I want to know what the heck Roger was smoking when he set up Take Two today.  That was bizarre.  I mean, Bob handled it great, and it was really funny, but still...was that done intentionally, John?  That's one of the strangest things I've ever seen.

SouthSide86 wrote:

Master Key:[ ]How can Kaitlyn miss that slow cooker. I knew it ws $12!

1.)  Probably 'cause she isn't you.

2.)  Probably also because that thing looks way, way more expensive than $12.

SouthSide86 wrote:

(Deluxe) Dice Game:

...dude, Deluxe Dice Game hasn't been played since 1988.

SouthSide86 wrote:

Showcases: the 1st showcase was screaming out a DSW!

No it wasn't.  Showcases very rarely do that.
"Every game is somebody's favorite." -- Wise words from Roger Dobkowitz.

Offline wpghi5

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #18 on: October 04, 2006, 09:36:35 PM »

shellgame69 wrote:
Showcases:  I thought the tripes were $19,000.  

I even had a bid of $19,500 on those trips there.

Offline pathfinder2119

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Me immortalized as a South Park character
« Reply #19 on: October 04, 2006, 09:45:53 PM »
OK show today.

Check Game was not played well at all. Even though he claimed to, it didn't look like Jeffrey knew how to play.

Take Two was definitely interesting. I don't think I've ever seen what happened happen before.

Offline edmojautis

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #20 on: October 04, 2006, 10:00:34 PM »
To Noah: I'll say D.

$12 slow cookers spell trouble.

Grand Game was well-deserved to be won and she deserved that cash.

Magic # was so simple.

Poor lady suffers from "1 or 6 is last number" plague.

Take Two gets the "What the Heck?" award.

Top Hat + "Rockette" tuxedo + Sexy Legs = WOOOOOOOOOO!! :-D

I enjoyed it all.

Offline jhc2010

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #21 on: October 04, 2006, 11:42:54 PM »
Pricing Game Length:
The time of the game begins at the moment a prize is revealed for the game, or the game itself is shown (Magic #, Take Two).

Check Game -- 2:22
Master Key -- 2:45
Grand Game -- 3:14
Magic # -- 2:20
Dice Game -- 2:23
Take Two -- 2:18

Offline thewhammy_2000

• Double Showcase Winner
    • The FunDMental Game Show Site
« Reply #22 on: October 05, 2006, 12:25:33 AM »
Check Game: As much as the groans and putdowns from the community of this play, as I type, I get the feeling Jeffrey thought he had to write the price of the price in the check, as what some other contestants think. It's still bad. "Give him the gong." [The Buzzer]

Master Key: I wonder what would've happened if Key 1 was picked...

Grand Game: I can never get the price of hairspray on any game; at least I knew it was less than $5.00.

magic #: at first, i thought the magic # was a little too high until i saw that it was four guitars. then it got a little simple enough to make me want to play with the geezmo.

Dice Game: Tough. Now, I'm kinda thinking it would be a little unlikely that the price would end in 55...

One Bid 6: Oh, boy. This reminds me of those ladies from the Aussie version of Price. During the bidding, I wanted Roland to bid 1101, but noooo.....

Take Two: As interesting as getting only the first number right on One Away....
My somewhat popular YouTube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/thewhammy83 for Price, PYL, and other game shows.

• In the Audience
« Reply #23 on: October 05, 2006, 01:13:29 AM »
Now I watched the rest of the show, despite being spoiled myself by today's recap. And wow, the show went too quick, and I mean too quick. (partially thanks to each game's time length told by jhc2010)

Grand Game: Woohoo! First GG win of the season! And some of the crowd screamed these correct items to be picked by a contestant.

Magic #: Yes! A good way to win both prizes.

Dice Game: Yup! Bad luck... all thanks to contestant surveying the "Peanut Gallery" (thank you for the nickname from previous recaps, Joe).

Take Two: Okay, there should be two possibilities that correctly equal to the given sum, not one! Either the contestant and/or Peanut Gallery all together broke the setup code into an easy winning. Doesn't matter, that contestant deserved to win thanks to easily finding only one possibility (or as some said it's like changing four numbers in second try leads to an easy One Away win).

Showcase: Oooh.... Jeffrey was so close. If he only bid $16k, he'd be DSWer. Ah well...

Offline SteveGavazzi

• Loyal Friend and True &
  • Director
« Reply #24 on: October 05, 2006, 01:37:22 AM »
hollowmale wrote:

Take Two: Okay, there should be two possibilities that correctly equal to the given sum, not one!

...why?
"Every game is somebody's favorite." -- Wise words from Roger Dobkowitz.

Offline Ferdy9338

• In the Audience
« Reply #25 on: October 05, 2006, 02:34:44 AM »
Check Game: *GROAN* I actually was thinking he should've gone with $2500. Jeffrey would've won it by $1.

Master Key: I knew the cooker was $12, having also seen it's previous basketball incarnation, but it sure DOES look more expensive than that.

Grand Game: Not a very hard setup today, at least not for me.

Magic #: I'm glad that Debbie wasn't lily-livered like some previous contestants. She went right into the 4 digits. The guitars did have me concerned for a bit, though, again by looks.

(Not Deluxe) Dice Game: I goraned when Margaret rolled 3's for the hundreds digit and the ones digit. Threes = trouble.

One Bid #6: I thought Darcy was gonna faint too, as (apparently) did Bob. The emotion but be incredible.

Take Two: *GASP* That was interesting. Wonder what Roger was thinking when he dreamed this setup up. And of course, what he was smoking. And if he could let me have some, heh heh.  :hammer:

Showcases: $20,000 for Jeffrey's and $15,000 for Donna's.

OK show today.

Offline BuddyTom

• Double Showcase Winner
  • It says what it means.
« Reply #26 on: October 05, 2006, 03:06:13 AM »
Sometimes you get contestants that lose and you want to give them the prize anyway since they had bad luck. Sometimes you get contestants you'd like to smack. Today we had both.

Jeffrey, as we have established, was definitely smack-worthy. What kind of big-screen TV is under $1500? I wouldn't say that $2200 is the Check Game upper limit (especially seeing as Roger could more than conceivably throw in an el-cheapo prize) but $4500?

And if he thought that was the price of the TV, he's not very good at that either.

Margaret got lousy rolls. Two threes... could go either way, and it went the wrong way. I don't actually want to give her the prize like I would with some contestants, but she played about as well as she could. Dice just weren't very kind today.

Someone who actually lifts up the geezmo ALL THE WAY so it doesn't take 37 hours to get up past $1000!

These showcases are getting stranger and stranger. And more like I'd want to intentionally overbid. Exercise equipment and a hovercraft? And a really cheap trip to Moscow? Yecch. Bring on the trailers; they're easier to price than that.
BuddyTom
CSS Host emeritus (served 2006-10)

-- Freude!