Author Topic: ALL NEW priceisright.com...  (Read 58274 times)

Offline mrbrown2195

• 11/6/2013
  • TPiR Alumnus
Re: ALL NEW priceisright.com...
« Reply #360 on: November 10, 2009, 06:41:01 PM »
LCD screens are capable of producing color; so why not do it the sensible way?  Why go through the trouble of putting a piece of cloth over the screen itself?  For what it's worth, I'd prefer the font to be all-white anyway.

Because it wouldn't look like the CR displays that everybody here is so dead set on if they did that - it would look more like the score displays on Wheel of Fortune - the color would light up, along with the numbers.
"Ignoring others is imperative to my Golden Road experience." -me
"I measure trunk sizes by the 'dead hooker standard'." -me
I'm a gif.

Offline Axl

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #361 on: November 10, 2009, 06:43:44 PM »
LCD screens are capable of producing color; so why not do it the sensible way?  Why go through the trouble of putting a piece of cloth over the screen itself?

I've noticed that you can see a certain texture in the colored background even when the display is empty.  However, I've assumed they were just using a thin scrim over the display and creating the colors in the monitor.  I can't really tell from the video whether the texturing is still there with the service insignia.  Seeing that in full quality eventually will go a long way toward figuring this out.  I'm 99% sure the logos were not keyed in.

Offline mrbrown2195

• 11/6/2013
  • TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #362 on: November 10, 2009, 07:18:31 PM »
Oh, oh, oh! I figured it out by watching it again!

They changed the displays slightly for this episode - there are only two colors (blue & red), instead of four. It also looks like there's no filter/screen/cloth/etc. over the displays either.
I'm a gif.

Offline catdogwheel

• Double Showcase Winner
    • www.meijer.com
« Reply #363 on: November 10, 2009, 11:15:50 PM »
Also the displays have the official logos of each branch of the Military. Looks like tomorrow's show will be a good one, especially since a certain game that has been MIA for awhile will be returning.
Now you can buy groceries by the case at www.meijer.com and Remember "The power of the price compels you!"

"Heal the world we live in, save it for our children" - Michael Jackson 1958-2009 Rest In Peace

Offline mrbrown2195

• 11/6/2013
  • TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #364 on: November 10, 2009, 11:20:52 PM »
That's what we've been talking 'bout, yo.
I'm a gif.

Offline catdogwheel

• Double Showcase Winner
    • www.meijer.com
« Reply #365 on: November 15, 2009, 12:57:51 AM »
You know I didn't know whether or not to start a new thread for this, but since its about pir.com I'll ask it here. You know over the last couple of seasons we've seen a lot of the new Price products that are in stores get featured on the show. My question is why hasn't anything from the pir.com store been featured? I think if they did that that would help boost some of their sales.
Now you can buy groceries by the case at www.meijer.com and Remember "The power of the price compels you!"

"Heal the world we live in, save it for our children" - Michael Jackson 1958-2009 Rest In Peace

Offline CJBojangles

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #366 on: November 15, 2009, 10:25:40 AM »
Because when Joe blow says $6 for a mug in Cliffhangers, and the mountain climber falls off the mountain as Drew says "Sorry, we sell that for $29 on PriceisRight.com" it looks bad?

Offline PriceFanArmadillo

• -This space for rent-
« Reply #367 on: November 15, 2009, 01:22:10 PM »
Then put it in Secret X and make the contestant choose between $29 and $50, therefore making it look like a bargain!
Armadillo is exactly right - ClockGameJohn
---------------------------------------
The Here Moderates This Here Site Here Guy

Offline PIR85

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #368 on: November 18, 2009, 09:22:54 AM »
I posted a set of questions to Rich DiPirro on the website, which he answered here.

But, here is his response:

Hi *PIR85,

Thanks for watching the show so closely. I am glad that all the hard work we are doing to keep the show exciting and fun is being noticed.

I am having a lot of fun exploring the set and showing it off for our viewers. We have been working to develop new camera angles that feature our wonderful set and to help tell the story of the games in a clearer way. The 3-way split screen, the "geography shots" used in One Away, Plinko, and our closed-captioning bumpers before the Showcase Showdown are all examples of this.

We have also started developing game-specific graphic looks that include new transitions between items (you will start to see more of these soon and then sprinkled in throughout the rest of the season). I can't wait for you to see them!

You also are right on the money in regard to the use of the jib camera during the contestant call downs. I am sure you've noticed, as of the start of this season, we are using the big studio cameras - or Pedestal Cameras (Ped Cams) - more often for many of the call downs and especially in the show opening. As you correctly noted, this makes the audience look as big as it really it. Studio 33 is one of the biggest stages in Hollywood and our audience is jam packed! Keep an eye on the jib as you can expect to see it used more in other parts of the show as the season marches on.

As for the still images of contestants after they win (which I also loved on the old shows!) I have to say I am really enjoying the live-camera coverage we get of the players as they celebrate their win. I like seeing the audience jumping to their feet, the contestants running to their prizes, and the way Drew shares genuine moments with our guests - win or lose. I am happy that, by keeping the coverage going after a win, you at home get to share in the excitement and fun that we enjoy in the studio!

Keep watching and we appreciate the great questions!

Rich

----------------------------------

* I'm glad he is reverting back to the use of the pedestal cameras for the opening calldowns.
* I am eager to see the "game-specific graphics", which I presume would be similar to the golf ball wipe between GPs in Hole in One... or Two, or the octagon wipe between prizes in Danger Price.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2009, 09:26:58 AM by PIR85 »

Offline Axl

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #369 on: November 18, 2009, 09:58:41 AM »
* I'm glad he is reverting back to the use of the pedestal cameras for the opening calldowns.

Ditto!  Makes a big difference.