Author Topic: ザ・チャンス! ("The Chance!", Japan's version of our beloved TPiR)  (Read 34198 times)

Offline Netsurfer_x1

• In the Audience
"Our top winner in the Showcase is GAY!" - Bob Barker

Offline bigwheel1991

• Walking the Golden Road
Re: ザ・チャンス! ("The Chance!", Japan's version of our beloved TPiR)
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2009, 12:28:35 PM »
cool. Now if only we could watch some of it.

Anybody have any clips of this version?????
CSS Stats - Games Played: 3 - Points:???.?? - DSW: 1 - WSD: 0 - DOB: 0 - Lowest Score: $?????

Offline Netsurfer_x1

• In the Audience
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2009, 12:39:20 PM »
Unfortunately, no. I've been looking, but all I can find is a very small (& grainy) screenshot.
:-(

Offline larryboy389

• In the Audience
Huh. Never knew Japan had a version.
I'm leaving for at least a while.

Offline Off_trak

• Double Showcase Winner
How interesting that one of the "pricing games" on this Japanese version was called "Rock Paper Scissors". This age old child's game is said to be the basis of a new pricing game on the CBS version.
"It's a SuperBall prize package worth $11,245!!

Offline Flerbert419

• Double Showcase Winner
How interesting that one of the "pricing games" on this Japanese version was called "Rock Paper Scissors".  This age old child's game is said to be the basis of a new pricing game on the CBS version.

I hate spreading bad news around.

All we know is that it is based on a "popular hand game we all played as children".

Some people have taken that to mean RPS.
"The most famous game on The Price is Right is Plinko..." "Which I don't get, honestly."
~ Drew Carey to Chris Wallace, aired January 26, 2024

Offline SamtheBravesFan

How interesting that one of the "pricing games" on this Japanese version was called "Rock Paper Scissors". This age old child's game is said to be the basis of a new pricing game on the CBS version.

Jan Ken Po seems to be common in Japan from what I know, so it doesn't surprise me they have a game based around it.

Offline bri2kproductions

• Outside in Line
It looks some somebody has uploaded a clip of Japan's TPiR. This is one of their pricing games, you'll have to watch what's going on there.

Video Link: newbielink:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JkrWFd1UPVY [nonactive]

Offline Jumpondees

• Outside in Line
It looks some somebody has uploaded a clip of Japan's TPiR. This is one of their pricing games, you'll have to watch what's going on there.

Video Link: newbielink:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JkrWFd1UPVY [nonactive]

To me this looks to be a variation on our "Race Game".  Instead of placing the correct prices on the prizes, you have to correctly guess the value of the entire package by placing the block with the correct number in its proper spot, and only after you have gotten the number right you can move on to the next number..  There is a timer, and on the set piece you can see 80", it looks like they played this game for a minute-twenty and perhaps the time limit is interchangable depending on the size of the prize package.  Interesting concept.

Offline Patchy

• Double Showcase Winner
The Music is pretty funky.

Offline bigwheel1991

OMG that is so cool!!! I wish there was MORE!
CSS Stats - Games Played: 3 - Points:???.?? - DSW: 1 - WSD: 0 - DOB: 0 - Lowest Score: $?????

Offline Reloaden

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #11 on: August 01, 2010, 01:04:33 AM »
Wow i never new Japan had tpir i know the host he used to host weakest link i never knew he did  game shows in the past. I wonder how there format was played

Offline mr3urious

• In the Audience
« Reply #12 on: August 18, 2010, 04:25:34 PM »
To me this looks to be a variation on our "Race Game".  Instead of placing the correct prices on the prizes, you have to correctly guess the value of the entire package by placing the block with the correct number in its proper spot, and only after you have gotten the number right you can move on to the next number..  There is a timer, and on the set piece you can see 80", it looks like they played this game for a minute-twenty and perhaps the time limit is interchangable depending on the size of the prize package.  Interesting concept.

Seems to combine elements of Switcheroo, too. :-)

Offline Netsurfer_x1

• In the Audience
« Reply #13 on: January 22, 2011, 10:15:49 PM »
Anybody seen the English Wikipedia TPiR article recently?

Take a look under Japan's entry under "International Versions". It looks like a new version is already (or is about to get) underway there. Hope they don't try to make it too much like an average Japanese game show.

Offline Ketsuban

• Safirian Empire
« Reply #14 on: January 23, 2011, 12:10:49 AM »
The current version is called "Kakaku wa Migidearu", which means "The Price is Right".
HYO Winnings: $56,365