Author Topic: MSTie's TPiR - "Reactive Budget" - THE END!  (Read 32006 times)

Offline MSTieScott

• TPIR Alumnus!
MSTie's TPiR - "Reactive Budget" - THE END!
« on: October 03, 2006, 09:59:15 PM »
Welcome to my fifth play along game! The theme this time around is "reactive budget." While you're all playing games to win fantastic virtual prizes, I'll be playing a little game of my own. I've set a secret budget for this episode, and as the show progresses, I'll be adjusting things in an effort to spend as much of my budget as I can without going over.

The six pricing games are set in stone, as are the setups for the first two. But after that, depending on how much has been won, the prizes and setups will change based on how well I'm doing with my budget. So if contestants win a lot of stuff in the first half of the show, it's bad news for the contestants in the second half of the show.

As you know if you've seen my shows before, I hold auditions to choose my contestants. And this episode is no different. Please provide a clever answer to the following:

-----
Congratulations! You were a contestant on "The Price is Right," where you won a bar set, a gas range, a treadmill, a big screen television, and a floor clock! What will you do with all of your new stuff?
-----

Contestants will be selected based on creativity and humor, so even though your real answer might be, "I would set them up in my home and enjoy them," it would be in your best interest to be a little more imaginative with your answer.

Finally, because I don't have access to the internet on weekends, I won't be updating things on Saturdays or Sundays. To keep the show moving despite this, there will be a 24-hour time limit for all responses. Obviously, the 24-hour time limit does not count during Saturdays and Sundays.

The game will begin at 9:00 a.m. Pacific time on Friday, October 6. Good luck!
The statements and opinions expressed above are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of the author's employer or any company the author has worked with, past or present. Individual results may vary.

Offline rob79

• Double Showcase Winner
Re: MSTie's TPiR - "Reactive Budget" - AUDITIONS
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2006, 10:23:48 PM »
I'm in. Ok, as far as my "stuff." I will use the bar set to use for entertaining my friends with their favorite beverages after a nice scintilating meal cooked on the new range after which my buds and I will go to the living room to watch Monday Night Football on the big screen tv all the while keeping an eye on the time with my new floor clock so my friends can expect when their wives will call and when they are gone I can work off all of my laziness and added weight from snack food ate during the game on my new treadmill. Whew!! Hope that's good enough.

Offline Punchboard91

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2006, 11:00:31 PM »
In, of course. Otherwise, I wouldn't be posting this.  :-P

Well, I have to invite Scott over for a drink, after he graciously finished one of my shows, so that's the bar set.

The range: I'm going to make some great food on it. Scott is going to be gone by then, as he'd find out I can't cook to save my life!

I'll be honest; that treadmill isn't going to get used at all. I'll admit it: I hardly ever excercise, and I'm proud.  :lol:

That television; it comes with more than what's on the screen during the show, right? Meh: Nothing much better on nowadays, anyway, I'll be happy just watching those clips! (And maybe some full episodes, too)

Floor clock, huh? I'm hardly ever without my watch on, so what's the point of having a clock? If Scott or anyone else comes over, and they want to know the time, they can ask me! It takes, what, two seconds to say, "What time is it?"? So what will I do with it? Eh, I dunno. Set it next to the treadmill. If I ever do use the treadmill, it will let me know when my 2 minutes are up.  :-)

Offline JayC

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2006, 11:22:28 PM »
I'll play.

Ask Scott if he'd like to buy them off me.

Offline Aaron A. Camp

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2006, 11:43:40 PM »
Count me in, Scott!

I wouldn't use the bar set. I would sell it to someone and donate the money to charity.

I would like to use the gas range for making grilled cheese sandwiches to impress my high school friends.

The treadmill essentially would become my New Year's resolution.

The big screen TV would be used for watching NASCAR races. Go Jeff Gordon!

The floor clock would sit in my living room next to the TV, so I can keep a schedule.

Offline Mr. Matté

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2006, 11:59:03 PM »
What would I do with a bar set, a gas range, a treadmill, a big screen television, and a floor clock?  I'd thank the person up there for not letting this show be taped in New Jersey.  With the way taxes are there, I'd have nothing left but a wine glass and the remote control because I had to sell the rest for paying [d]Mr. Corzine[/d] -- er property taxes...
So long!

Offline Jordanar18

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Currently, I live in the past.
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2006, 11:59:27 PM »
I'm in!

First off, I've gotta set the clock, then the TV and the range to the same time as the clock.  Then I'll use one of the stools from the bar set to watch TV and cook on the range at the same time.  No idea what I'll do with the treadmill during that time, but I'm sure I'll make use of it.

Got it!  I'll time myself on the treadmill using the floor clock, watch TV, and cook something up on the range all at the same time!  As for the bar set... um,... let's see here... hmmm...

Offline Joe_Mello

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2006, 12:14:55 AM »
Let's do the math.

bar set + range + TV + floor clock = Tavern
Money from Treadmill sale = Sexy waitresses
Tavern + Sexy waitresses = HOOTERS! :3

Offline GoldenBulldog

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Creative Writer, Loyal Friend and True
    • My Faceook Page
« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2006, 12:20:08 AM »
Count me in!!

Scotty, beam everything except the TV up to the Enterprise!
I just wanted to drop you a note and thank you for your love, affection and loyalty to me, drew, the models and.... The Price is Right....thank you for being such a "Loyal Friend & True". -Rich Fields (in an e-mail sent to me on 3/17/2010)

I support The Price is Right...even if nobody I know likes Drew Carey.

Offline CrimsonViper

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #9 on: October 04, 2006, 12:31:16 AM »
Simple.  I'll auction them all off, and put the money earned into getting myself a Viper!

Offline wpghi5

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #10 on: October 04, 2006, 12:45:59 AM »
I'm in and here it goes:

Bar Set: I probably would serve both alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages to my distinguished guests. Btw, if they drink too much (alcoholic ones) I suggest don't drink and drive. Call a cab, or bus or simply sleep on my furniture or on the floor. Just make sure you don't drool.

Range: Well I gotta be cooking something in this here range. But I must warn you I might get the fire instinguisher cause it's gotta burn baby burn! You the saying when there's smoke there's fire!

Treadmill: Man I certainly want to go for a walk. But the weather is getting too cool. No prob, a half-hour with this here baby will totally make my day!

Big Screen tv: What else! My buddies can watch whatever they want and you what I mean! But once they're gone it's all mine baby!

Floor Clock: I might as well get more of these cause I gotta know what time it is anywhere in the world. Talk about a whirlwind!

Well that's all now. Sorry for being lengthy here. Just wanted to make it more lively!

Offline PriceFanArmadillo

• -This space for rent-
« Reply #11 on: October 04, 2006, 01:20:17 AM »
Okay...let's see...well, first, I'd run on the treadmill for awhile until the clock rang 10, meaning it's time to turn on the bigscreen for Price!  I'd then spend the next hour bemoaning my lack of creativity on those prizes and resolve to do better on the other two.  

After Price, I'd turn on the range and cook up some oatmeal for a late breakfast or something (since that's about the only thing I can make).  I'd eat it at the bar set, wash it down with a drink or seven...

Of course, I've unsuspectingly left the gas on, so the fumes in the kitchen, combined with the drinks in my system, eventually lead me to hallucinate that my bar set is now a piano, and I just go on playing the piano until I pass out and need to be rescued by a neighbor who comes by solely to ask the time on my fancy-schmancy floor clock.
Armadillo is exactly right - ClockGameJohn
---------------------------------------
The Here Moderates This Here Site Here Guy

Offline sideshowPA

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #12 on: October 04, 2006, 06:54:55 AM »
I'm in..

I have no need for such material posessions.  Because when the seventh seal is broken, and the great creator begins to formulate his master plan for the reorganization of all earthly matter, then the all-encompassing secrets will be revealed.  COME WITH ME PEOPLE!  Take up arms and stand your post!  Gather 3 virgins and have them at your side!  Profess your love for the great savior and.....SLAP....don't dally.....SLAP SLAP......the great revelation.....YO BOB, WAKE UP!!!.....hmmmm...what?!!......

...or I'll probably just put the prizes in my living room, I don't know.....
"I don't want to hear disorganized beeping." - Bob Barker

Offline tpiradam

• 11/13/2018
  • TPiR Alumnus
    • http://adamb.one-dollar.us
« Reply #13 on: October 04, 2006, 07:33:12 AM »
Sign me up!

Unfourtunately my house is sooo small that there is no room for the clock or bar set. I can use the treadmill to replace the old dust collector in the basement. the gas range I will use when I go to university and the TV can fit in my room!

Offline styleguy

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #14 on: October 04, 2006, 02:53:02 PM »
Bar Set:  A useful prize.  The trick is fitting it in my apartment.  I'd have a nice bottle of Merlot at it to celebrate my win on the Price is Right.  

Gas Range:  My apartment uses electric, so this is pretty much useless.  To Ebay with this prize!

Treadmill:  Since I live in big metropolitan area, and walk everywhere, this is another pointless prize.  The great city of Philadelphia is my treadmill.  To Ebay with this too!

Big Screen TV:  Ah a wonderful prize.  The prize I'd probably use the most.  The prize I'd be most excited about winning.  I'd probably hook it up and enjoy hours of entertaining TV.  

Floor Clock:  Another prize I'd have to squeeze into my apartment.  This would add class to my bachelor pad.  I'd feel like a rich guy with this prize.