Author Topic: FULL RECAP - TPiR 09/21/2009 (Price Season 38 Opener)  (Read 56358 times)

Offline Joe_Capitano

• Double Showcase Winner
FULL RECAP - TPiR 09/21/2009 (Price Season 38 Opener)
« on: September 21, 2009, 02:29:55 PM »
The Price is Right - Sept. 21, 2009 So last Friday we ended Price Season 37 and somehow kept our heads above 40% in the win column. Maybe a change of scenery will lead us to better things ahead.

Ladies and gentlepeople - and children of most ages, here it comes. From the Bob Barker Studio at Television City in Hollywood it be...

(Joy.)

Yup. New home base, new One-Bid displays, new Showcase podia, same old schtick. Can we somehow find ourselves back to 50% wins? Only one way to find out...

In the words of the prophet Wilmer of Valderrama, lord of Cash Money, "Let's Bully"...

Production #4831K - Taped June 22, 2009

Drew: stage entrance
First Four lineup: right to left
Handoff: Lanisha

Models of the Day: Manuela Arbeláez, Lanisha Cole and Rachel Reynolds
Wearing: Tony Bowls

1   Honda CMX250 Rebel Motorcycle (M)
JOHN 2800 CRESENCIO 9000 BRIONNE 3000 ZINA *3001 ($3399)
STUPID BID

Zina plays LUCKY $EVEN for a Chevy Impala LS (Std., Bench)(R)

Picks:2 5 6
Price:   $2 4 7 3 –
Bucks:7 5 3 0  LOSS

2   Danby Silhouette 51-Bottle Wine Cooler (R)
+John 1200 +Cresencio 600 +Brionne 1201 HEATHER *699 ($999)

Heather, prepare thyself. IT'S THE $50,000 PL!NKO! MONDAY!!!

Free Chip(4)1000R
Coca-Cola Mini Fridge7/00$79
TPiR 2010 Video Game (PC)2/9920
(Argus) Digital Camera4/0045Total
40-Image Photo Album3/2338*(3)500R$1500LOSS

3   DirecTV Satellite TV Package (1 yr service)(L&M)
+John 700 +Cresencio *600 +Brionne 800 LORI 799 ($639)

Cresencio plays PUSHOVER for a Office Desk Package and an (HP) Desktop Computer (R)

Setup:9 8 4 4 5 9 6 5 3
Pick:9 8 4[4 5 9 6]
Price:$9844  LOSS...BUT...

This is not a good way to start a new season. It seems Rich's prize copy noted that the computer was a Dell, instead of the HP one displayed. While Cresencio would need really spectacular eyesight to notice it, the fact that the copy said one thing instead of another was found to be a disadvantage to the contestant. So, since nobody picked it up in time, this goes down as a TECHNICAL WIN!

Maybe this will turn our fortunes around, though someone's got egg on their face for this. Onward...

SHOWDOWN #1
$2,537Heather70 stay.70
3,399Zina80 stay.80Through to Showcase Round
10,487Cresencio50 + 80OV

4   PowerBlock Dumbells/Bench (R)
+John *756 JACOB 755 +Brionne 500 Lori 699 ($964)

John plays GROCERY GAME for a Yamaha VX110 Waverunner (M)($8494)

(3) (Minute Maid) Fruit Punch (2l)5 x 1.89$9.45–11.55
(2) (Pillsbury Funfetti) Cake Mix3 x 2.49$7.4716.92–  4.08
(4) (Deluxe) Orange Sherbert (1 pt)1 x 1.9918.09–  2.09
(5) (Solo) Plastic Cups (40)1 x 4.2923.20LOSS
(1) Twisty Balloons (25)

5   GPS Receiver (M-in the Row)
AMANDA 420 Jacob 469 +Brionne 550 Lori *551 ($1286)

Lori plays THAT'S TOO MUCH! for a Dodge Challenger SE (Std., V6, AT, PLocks, #26G)(L)($25,470)

$22,990 $23,623 $24,921 $26,871 $28,020
LOSS

And so Price Season 38 starts off where 37 left off - with futility. No outright winners today - just the one on a technicality. Surely Brionne would love to change our fortunes, but she has to escape the Row. Mimi's fortunes could be much brighter if she doesn't, for it means our first banishment to the "First Four" Breakfast Club. The last bid is hers. Can Brionna use it to her advantage? (BTW: No skunk today. He says it's no fun when only 5 lose.)

6   Mares Scuba Package (R)
Amanda 799 Jacob 900 +Brionne 901 ROBERT *1300 ($2330)

Brionne heads off to the clubhouse while Robert plays MOST EXPENSIVE for three trips...

Carmel, CA (6n)(L)$3486
Palm Springs (6n @ Zoso)/Grand Adventure Ballon Tour (R)4170
Yosemite Park, CA (6n @ Tenaya)(M)PICK3412LOSS

SHOWDOWN #2
$964John85 stay.00Through to Showcase Round
1,286Lori70 + 55OV
2,330Robert70 + 90OV

SHOWCASE ROUND
Zina has the honor.

SC1-Zina Home Theater Seating (R)
(Mitsubishi) 60" DLP HDTV
Paradigm Home Theater System (L)
Chevy HHR LT (Std., 2.4l, AT, OnStar, #2LT, Stereo)(M)
BID$34,250
PRICE31,511
DIFFOVER
SC2-John THE TV'S CRAIG FERGUSON SHOWCASE (No, he didn't bring the puppets)
Trip to Las Vegas (6n @ Hard Rock)
Trip to the Seychelles (9n)
Toyota Prius 2 (Std., Syndergy, Climate, Applique, Seals)(L)
BID$10,000
PRICE38,768
DIFF–28,768
TOTAL$39,732

Today's Pricing Games: 1 for 6 (a Technical Win)
Total Winnings: $58,405

...and so it begins...right where we left off.

THIS IS THE ONLY OFFICIAL GOLDEN-ROAD.net SHOW RECAP.
REPRODUCTION PROHIBITED WITHOUT AUTHOR PERMISSION.

« Last Edit: September 21, 2009, 02:32:27 PM by Joe_Capitano »

Offline goldroadfanatic

• 2/22/2024
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • One Dollar!
Re: FULL RECAP - TPiR 09/21/2009 (Price Season 38 Opener)
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2009, 02:42:23 PM »
I like how the new home base can change colors and I like the new Contestants Row podiums, they look pretty good.  However, I do think the showcase podiums are dinky and drab compared to the old ones.

Glad to see the light border return, but the absence of spinning titles is a letdown and the fact that some viewers are watching the show in 4:3 makes the whole border impossible to see.

I really love Plinko's new intro; for the first time since the mid-80's or so, the Race Game Curtain was shown revealing the Plinko board.  I wonder how the presentation would feel with the music sting from The Cats or The Phone Home Game cue in there with the harps or instead of the harps.

Is this the first time in a while that Plinko on a season premiere or premiere week had the satiny backdrops for the SP podiums absent?

I loved the shot of the stage with the cameras and the Big Wheel set up, waiting to be spun, for the closed captioning plug before the first showcase showdown.

I like the new design for the dollar sign flats, or whatever they're called, as well as that green backdrop that really reminds me of Tetris.

That's Too Much's new price reveal is interesting.  Although it was a bit confusing for me at first since I have seen the game since its debut, literally, so I will have to see it done a few more times to see if I like it or not.

Most Expensive for 3 trips now seems drab with the plasmas.  They could have done three elaborate presentations behind each door, plasmas with various props, which would have been a grander effect, but that would put such a strain on the stagehands.

Compared to the fustercluck of showcases from last season, today's weren't that bad, they were half-decent, in my opinion.  There wasn't any stupid banter between Rich and Drew but you wonder why Craig Ferguson was there, since all he really did was introduce the prizes, nothing else.  I will say his Donald Trump-like, "You're fired!" to Drew was kind of funny. 

Did anyone notice Syd is now credited as being an "Executive Consultant?"  I wonder if he's doing the same thing Marc Breslow did for about 10 years after he was fired, just taking in a paycheck but not actually doing anything at the show.

I'm surprised the budget wasn't big for a season premiere, this is probably the lowest-budget premiere since Season 27's.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2009, 02:52:51 PM by goldroadfanatic »
"Cherish the past, accept the present, and anticipate the future.  They are listening to feedback wherever feasible, but they can't repeat the past."

Offline C8

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2009, 02:44:11 PM »
Well, I guess I better break the ice.

The new home base, LCDs, and showcase podia are beautiful. The colors look stunning in high def. The rich blues everywhere give the show a calming, yet stunning feeling. I approve. Plinko's reveal is one of the most fantastic things Mr. DiPirro has done with the show.

However, things good pretty well end there. Drew was on his excited, enthusiastic best, though if he reminded us it was Season 38 one more time, I was going to reach into the TV and smack him.

What was up with the line-up? Lucky Seven and That's Too Much as car games? Pedestrian games for pedestrian prizes to fill the rest? Where were the Big Three? Where was Most Expensive for three cars? Three trips is nice enough, but still, that's a good-day regular show prize set. This is a season premiere? Golden Road, anyone?

And all games lost (technical win aside)? What was going on? Granted, I didn't think anything was particularly evil, and John played Grocery Game like a pro (those cups threw me off, too). But still....this show was barely befitting of a regular day.

Craig Ferguson was fun, but entirely unneeded (stunning, right? What else is new).

And did anyone notice Drew wasn't the "star of the Price is Right" but was the "host of the Price is Right?" at the open?

Alas, Price is back to its same old shtick.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2009, 02:48:26 PM by C8 »

Offline nowhammies11

• Double Showcase Winner
  • The blood of angry men, the dark of ages past
    • The Whammy's Blog
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2009, 02:45:57 PM »
Oh, God.  Where do I begin?

Opening: Light border is BARELY visible at best in SD.  No mention of Fabulous or 60 Minutes.  Drew came out taking the picture that we saw in July on Twitter.

IUFB1: What was with the $9000 bid?  It wasn't even a pair of surfboards!

L7: Mind if we see the full price?

Plinko: Ouch.  Nice to see the RGC flying away, though.  We haven't seen that since the '80s.

Pushy: Lucky bugger won on a technicality, though really, how did he not see the HP logo?  I'm calling it a loss either way.  Moral of the story: if you need clarification, even in this regime, ask.

Grocery: Son of ouch.  First painful loss of the season?

IUFB5: Stoner bid. *sigh*

TTM!: Second painful loss.  At this point, people in chat were saying that not even 3 Strikes could save this lineup.  Price reveal was inverted, I kinda like it.

IUFB6: Mimi food. *sigh*

ME: Three plasma screens?  Sorry.  You're playing for three trips, use the three big doors.

Showcases: $10,000?!?!  And he ended up winning because the other one was over by < $3000.  Oh, and I forgot to mention, those podiums are UGLY!

BONUS FEATURE: God, the game side of the TT is plain.  Any lightbulbs, dollar signs, heck, a hypocycloid or 50 would work there.

ANDREW'S RATING: 2.0/5  Points for MGHS, the TTM price reveal, and the RGC flying out during Plinko.

EDIT: Thought I was first.  Guess I took too much time typing.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2009, 02:48:00 PM by nowhammies11 »
YOU CAN NEVER STOP :clipboard:

Offline holdme

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2009, 02:49:51 PM »
I really like the new set. It looks modern while keeping the retro charm TPIR is known for. One thing I don't really care for are the showcase podia displays. The readout seems a bit underwhelming compared to the egg crate displays.

Not much to say about the show itslef which is kinda sad being a season premiere and all. There would have been a skunking if weren't for the flub in Rich's prize copy. Has a season ever begun with a skunking? Drew did the reveal differently for TTM. Did he mess up or is that the way he's doing it from now on? He just asked Lanisha to reveal the price without asking if the contestant's choice was right. And why was Plinko so darn hard today? You'd think for a season premiere the small prizes would all be gimmes. It's not like the contestant is going to win more than about $30,000 anyway. It really brought the show down.

Craig's appearance in the showcase was pleasant but not really necessary. The prizes in the showcase were season premiere worthy, making them enjoyable to watch.

There were a couple of great contestants today. Zina and Heather were fun and excited contestants. It always make the show better when you have contestants like this when there aren't alot of wins in a show. And John was hilarious doing cartwheels across the stage after he won his showcase.

Surely there's a better show in store for tomorrow...
« Last Edit: September 21, 2009, 02:55:17 PM by holdme »

Offline joeyboy

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2009, 02:51:06 PM »
Opening: Light border!!! I couldn't see it in SD, but the fact it's there makes it much better.

One Bid Displays: They look really nice. At least we can read the yellow display now.

Home-Base: That doesn’t look too bad.

Showcase Podiums: Eh, I’ll get used to them eventually. They need to go back to black display with white font. It was kind of hard to see the blue font on the blue background.

Lucky Seven: Tough loss.

Plinko: Love that Reveal!  :-D Those SP’s were tough.

Pushover: Tech win this early? Whoever wrote that copy is going to be having a chat with Mike.

Grocery Game: Tough loss.

That’s too Much!: Why did this game have to show up in the season premiere? There are so many better car games that they could have played, but they had to play this. At least we had a fair setup.

Most Expensive: This game for 3 trips works so much better with the skins.

Showcase #1: Decent showcase.

Showcase #2: Craig!! I was expecting a trip to Scotland to show up. The $10,000 bid probably didn't cover the price of the trips

Overall, I was a little surprised we didn't get a big-budget premiere. It would have been better if we had gotten some outright wins, but, new episodes are back!
« Last Edit: September 21, 2009, 02:56:10 PM by joeyboy »

Offline tpirfan28

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2009, 02:56:17 PM »
No Lincolns?  No Cadillacs?  No monster showcases?  Major letdown for a premiere.

I really like the set, except for the game side of the turntable - very very bland and the Showcase lecterns...needs a different font color.  Throw some G-T marks or $ signs up there.

And as proven before - Rich DiPirro is the best thing to happen to the show in a very long time.  A light border (needs more light, but getting there). Very cool opening logo animation.  Very good camera shots.  Tremendous Plinko opening shot.  Great shots during the plug bumpers.  Nice Rich calldown window.
They can be close at the top, too.
#42SP

Offline 88JRFAN

• Double Showcase Winner
  • HAPPY 52ND SEASON, PRICE!!!
« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2009, 03:03:27 PM »
Not a bad show. Sort of depressing. I am not used to seeing 3-trip Most Expensive being played behind 1 door. Showcase prizes were pretty good. 2 cars in the sC=awesome!

No Lincolns?  No Cadillacs?  No monster showcases?  Major letdown for a premiere.
tpirfan, I agree with you a whole lot on that.
HAPPY 52ND SEASON, PRICE!!!

Offline TPIRFAN1964

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2009, 03:05:17 PM »
On a scale of 1-10....I will give the premiere ep. an 7.  The light box needs to be redone IMHO, in SD (which is what I have) you cannot see the entire light box.  I loved the way the title comes on the screen now after Rich calls the first four contestants.  Also love the new CR readouts.  

I read somewhere (can't remember where now) that Drew wanted the "star of" removed from his introduction and just to be known as "the host".  Granted, it will take some getting used to.  And finally, I wished they would have something coming across the screen at the beginning (swooping in and out).

All-in-All, I feel it was great show. Rich DiPerro is doing a fantastic job. Keep it up!!

Offline mrbrown2195

• 11/6/2013
  • TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2009, 03:11:45 PM »
That "somewhere" would be from Drew himself, in his blog on priceisright.com.

As for the show - this really didn't seem like a premiere. Where's the big games? Where's the big prizes? And six losses (yeah, I know there was a technical win)... come on.

Love the set - it looks sharp. Showcase podium displays could use some improvement - I don't know how they look in HD (since my affiliate here in Baton Rouge is dumb), but in SD, they're all washed out - a color change could fix that. And if they're going to use LCDs in the showcase podiums, when somebody goes over, wouldn't it be logical to have the screen turn red and display "OVER"?
« Last Edit: September 21, 2009, 03:14:21 PM by mrbrown2195 »
"Ignoring others is imperative to my Golden Road experience." -me
"I measure trunk sizes by the 'dead hooker standard'." -me
I'm a gif.

Offline PatrickRox80

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #10 on: September 21, 2009, 03:11:57 PM »
I like the new set and One-Bid Displays but they couldn't save this season opener. The offerings were admittedly cheap for a premiere (What, no Caddy's, Corvettes, or Lincolns!?) and seeing my two least favorite car games wasn't interesting at all. The first win so far was a technical win which doesn't even do it for me. Also, I've had it with the bad bidding. $9,000 on a Motorcycle, a stoner bid on IUFB 5 (It's just not funny anymore), $10,000 on a showcase which includes a PRIUS!? Craig Ferguson, like the rest of the showcase skits from last year, good idea for something out of the ordinary but...Why?

Offline brtsimpson142

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #11 on: September 21, 2009, 03:13:34 PM »
Rich DiPirrio is my new hero!!!  Great directing today, even if the jib cam suddenly being behind the players when Drew announces the ARP is a big giveaway as to what's about to be played.  And was it my imagination, or were there jib shots today that make it look as if a SECOND jib is now in use?  (Also:  NICE work on the closed-captioning plug shots, they were VERY cool).  Don't tomato me for this, but I was sorta hoping they'd be using the jib during the Showdown itself to catch the wheel like they did on the Davidson show.  (Why not, it was used pretty much everywhere else today?)

I barely noticed there weren't spinning titles during the intro, but the light border just looks wrong with the squares *inside* the light bulbs.  Hopefully they'll fix that, and soon.  One thing that WAS conspicuously absent:  "...the first show of our 38th year on CBS!"  And am I imagining things, or did the opening feel even more rushed than usual?  (i.e. Rich F calls a name, contestant fights their way to the aisle, and then they move on to the next one without even letting them get down to the 'Row; seemed like today they could barely get into the aisle before the next name was called)

Door #5 (and yes, that IS what it's called if you're Rich DiPirrio, or "home base" if you're Drew Carey).  Well, I have to say it actually doesn't look quite so bad on the show, at least if it's shot with a floor cam; with the jib it just looks weird.  As for the wall behind Drew, I can't stand that red-purple color but the darker blues look TERRIFIC.

So there it is, boys:  ME with three plasma screens instead of using the three doors.  That's just WRONG.  Three-trip ME should also be three-door ME.

As for the lineup, just...wow.  We did get Plinko, but where was Golden Road?  Where was 3 Strikes?  Where was Triple Play?  I knew Lucky $even was going to be one of today's car games, but surely they could've come up with something more engaging than That's Too Much as the other.  I was out of the room when Drew did his price reveal for this, it sounds as though something odd happened so 'twill be something to look for on Innertube tonight.  And one final note:  why all the tough setups?  Season starters are supposed to be happy shows, but today's felt like anything but with so many uses of the losing horns and the buzzer.

After seeing Drew banging on the turntable on Friday, seeing his enthusiasm about the new set today was quite nice.  I have to admit his excitement about it was infectious, but it wasn't necessary to keep calling attention to it after the opening.  (At least he didn't bang on anything today!).  Gotta give the man props though because he DID compliment Bente on-air about her work, and that's always nice to see.

As much as I like the new Contestants' Row displays, the thicker borders are something that just don't look right to me.  I see what you guys were talking about with the identical interference pattern on each display, but to me it just looks like what you'd expect shooting an HD camera at an LCD (or is it LED?  I've lost track) display.  And on the subject of things that just don't look right, let's talk about those showcase podiums.  Alright, on the one hand it's nice to see that they used a simple and straightforward font for us that I don't have to stare at to read; on the other, the bottoms are just too thin (yes, they DO look like coffins), and the fronts just look too plain.  Bid row I think I can live with, eventually, since the podiums there look cartoony and just slightly exaggerated (perfect for the show as a whole).  The showcase podiums...not so much.

And then there's good ol' Craig Ferguson.  Having a familiar face from The Drew Carey Show appear was a nice touch, but there should've been more logic to it.  Bob's appearance may have had that overly-staged, forced feel to it that can ruin even the best TV, but at least his appearance made sense.  Craig's appearance left me going, "Was there a greater purpose at work here or was this just an excuse to have him on the show?"  They did let him do "Carey, YOU'RE FIRED," which is an absolute must, so it wasn't a total waste.

I will say I was relieved that no one showed up to make a speech (the last few seasons it seems like every opener was an excuse for Syd or Les or Lucy to deliver a treatise about the show's longevity).  It's nice to have said longevity acknowledged of course, but there's only so many times you can do it without it getting old.  Next good time to do it is year #40--if we make it that far.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2009, 03:19:53 PM by brtsimpson142 »
Bazinga!

Offline nasnut67

• In Contestant's Row
    • It's my Facebook page.
« Reply #12 on: September 21, 2009, 03:21:13 PM »
I loved the opening today.

In HD, because I have HD, the border looked awesome. BTW High Definition is the way things are going.  So if you have a regular TV you are so 2007. LOL!  :-D

The reveal card that Drew uses is cool.  Has the logo on in.  I just like it.

Host and Star are interchangeable in my book.

The new contestants row looks cool, and retro modern.

I loved the angles, and the farther away shots.  Gives it that being there feel.  My only critique is have a tighter shot at the wheel.

The new Home Base looks great.  I love how it can change colors too.  Just looks cool, and adds to the feel of the show.  That set is now totally Drew's.

I loved the bigger use of the curtain.  The Plinko reveal was awesome.  

The new podiums are awesome.  Again carrying the feel needed for the show.  I think the show is in good hands, and I for one am very pleased.  Not perfect, but good job today.  
myspace.com/nasnut67 twitter.com/AaronCCampbell facebook.com/nasnut67
CSS Addict | Radio and TV Host |Photojournalist | Graphic Designer | SCORE Co-Driver #2 Trophy Truck
CSS Winner on 1-11-07! 2 seasons- 22 starts- 1 win

Offline 3StrikesFan

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #13 on: September 21, 2009, 03:31:04 PM »
38th Season! 38th Season! 38th Season!

I like the new turntable area and IUFB displays(I was expecting 5 digit readouts only because of the idiot bids that have been occurring). I only had a couple of issues with the turntable. I don't like the gap between the light border and the top of the turntable. I guess the gap is because of the lights, but it just looks silly. Also, the turntable doesn't look like it spins very well. It seemed to stop short during Grocery Game, like it didn't turn all the way around like it normally did. Hopefully, it'll look better as the shows progress. The back side where the games are shown does look bland. I'm thinking green maybe over blue.

The showcase podiums are God-awful. Their physical design is ok, but the color and the hologram signs make it look cheap. Also, the displays are too busy. There should be no border around the price after the contestant bids. The display read-outs should be much darker, maybe even black. That way, the numbers show up better.

I like the new graphic for the opening. I, like others, could barely see the light border, but it's better than nothing. I also like the shot of the audience and Big Wheel before the SS.

The line up wasn't bad, I would have swapped out That's Too Much for Dice Game. But if you think about it, this is a premiere line-up that Roger would have done, with just a couple of differences. Lucky Seven's car should have been a higher end car, especially for a premiere. I know it seems that the staff are paranoid about offering luxury cars, but that Audi they offered at Christmas would have been better for a premiere than a Chevy. As far as I'm concerned that should be 2 weeks a year where the budget should be big: Premiere week and Christmas week. Plinko would have been no different had she won all 5 chips, she could have still only won $1500. I like the new intro with the Race Game curtain. Push Over would and should have been for a car. I don't think Roger would have used TTM in a premiere, I think Dice would have been better. Most Expensvie for 3 trips is great, but without using all 3 doors, it's a little lack luster. They could have done it too. It may have taken more time for the crew, but it could have been done.

I really don't see why Craig was on for the showcases. It would have made more sense if he offered the winner to be on his show, either in the audience or as a guest. That would have made his appearance a little more necessary. A little rehearsal for the showcase, on Craig's part, would not have hurt, either.

I have a feeling the Toyota Prius is Price's new Ford Escort, it's gonna be offered constantly. No problem with offering Toyota's but there are at least 10(?) other models that could be used. Jazz it up a little.

I hope this season is better than last year, we'll just have to wait and find out.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2009, 03:34:21 PM by 3StrikesFan »

Offline sjd93

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #14 on: September 21, 2009, 03:33:23 PM »
Well, if there's one purely good thing I can say, it's that DiPirro is getting even better. I honestly don't remember seeing Plinko revealed - ever - since its first playing. And the new Closed Captioning shot is really cool.

Other than that, well... 3-trip Most Expensive absoloutely sucked. That cue did not work, and more importantly, the staging was really a let-down. Decent lineup though, except for That's Too Much.

I think we may have turned a corner with the showcases, but Craig Ferguson was a little random.

Overall... I'm cautiously optimistic.
I find it ironic how the show tries to mix up the prizes and offer "cool" things like over-stuffed trips and impossible to price items to make the show less "predictable." Yet, the same things happen every single time a show airs.

-temptation1979ga