Author Topic: FULL RECAP - TPiR 09/24/2009  (Read 19957 times)

Offline PIR85

• Double Showcase Winner
Re: FULL RECAP - TPiR 09/24/2009
« Reply #30 on: September 25, 2009, 09:09:42 AM »
Thank you, goldroadfanatic, for telling me where to find my TV recordings on my Windows Media Center.  I rushed and put together a sample of the different camera angles used for the CC plugs.  I didn't include all of them.  When I have more time, I may upload a version 2 or something.

Here is the link
« Last Edit: September 25, 2009, 09:13:32 AM by PIR85 »

Offline BD

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #31 on: September 25, 2009, 10:12:31 AM »
Pretty late with this one... seen the episode when it aired but didn't have time to post an overview so I'll do it now. The show was really good I thought.

*Switch?: Knew that she should have left them alone! Rachel was pretty good on the segway  :-)

*Stack the Deck: Good playing and a great win.

*Squeeze Play: Another winner  :-)

*Bonus Game: Sweet reveal. Drew kinda messed up explaining this. Nice to see it won again though I do enjoy it more when people win with the bonus instead of getting all 4 prizes right.

*Cover Up: Said this a lot in the chat but I wonder why more people don't figure out the strategy to the game. The first digit was a 2 and had to be covered up by a 1 or a 3... it's obvious to cover it up with a 1. Now the next column had a 1, 3, and 8 to cover up the second digit iirc. It was obvious that the second digit was an 8 but why cover it up with the 8 on the first try? Put a 1 there so you can have more chances at getting the last 3 digits right. Then on the second try put the 8 there.

*Bonkers: Really didn't think that she would have won this since she was going slow but she did making there be 4 winners in all.

*Showcases: They were okay... the New York one was obviously the worst of the 2 (well imo). Wasn't expecting them to be so much.

Drew's Hosting: 80%

Pricing Game Line-up: 85%

Pricing Game Wins: 67%

Prizes: 80%

Tilt: 90% (Really solid show... nice to see more winners than losers again this week after the bad start in terms of people winning games. The show is getting smoother day by day and I love the camera angles. This season should be really good :))

Final Score for Episode: 8.0 out of 10

« Last Edit: September 25, 2009, 10:14:32 AM by BD »

Offline Cartboy

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #32 on: September 25, 2009, 11:13:13 AM »
Switch?:  Nice maneuvering, Rachel!
Stack The Deck:  Nice job! :-)  By the way, Drew, that was a package opener, not a can opener!
Bonus Game:  Can't play it any better! :-)
Showcases:  What a great bid by Craig! :-)

Another great show, IMHO. :-)
Velvet Sky - 2 time Knockouts Champion, the hottest Knockout, and my favorite Knockout!!

Offline Macsen

• The mythical, elusive S39-S40 Recap Guide
    • Twitch streaming
« Reply #33 on: September 25, 2009, 01:34:36 PM »
Martha was going on Bonkers like she was on a break.
"Kitch? Yes, that is what they used to call me..."

Offline goldroadfanatic

• 2/22/2024
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • One Dollar!
« Reply #34 on: September 25, 2009, 04:13:19 PM »
I had to laugh at the setup in Switch?  I thought it was funny enough that they were offering a Segway, but to have Rachel actually use it when switching the prices was what took the cake.  I know time is short, but I could imagine Drew going into Bob mode or Bob being there and telling Lanisha to get on the scooter and ride the Segway back to the other podium and then do the reveal.

I was wondering, since Drew is saying "When I count to three, flip it."  I wonder how it would look for Rich DiPirro to do a split-screen of the reveals flipping over at the same time, left prize on the left, right prize on the right, then cut to the contestant and Drew for their reactions.

Especially because of the "Ask a stupid question" in Out in Left Field, I got a kick out of the Captain Planet t-shirt Andrew was wearing.

Brandon played Stack the Deck as about as best as it can be, the only crapshoot was the second number, but it was great to see him win and compared to last season, we have one winner in the game already.

I noticed this during Cover Up, it looks like the home base and turntable carpet have a pattern of squares on them, some are textured, while others aren't.

Martha didn't play Bonkers well, she didn't move all that fast (which isn't her fault really, she may not be a fast mover), but she looked at the audience and took quite a bit of time placing the discs before returning to the button.

Probably because of the design, but the third one-bid price holder reminded me of the orange flippy-box from Match Game.

Kind of a shame Drew didn't acknowledge Bonus Game coming around the turntable, but the way Rich DiPirro showed it coming around was neat.

Maybe I'm looking too deeply into this but, with the recent dust storms in Sydney, isn't it a bit odd that they offered a trip to Australia?

I loved how they edited out Drew's listing of the prizes for the most part and it looked like Drew did the showcase reveal as quick as Bob would have.  Drew should really study it, to not recap the prizes all the time before the showcase reveal but just get to it.

I watched this on CBS.com, great to see the credits at the end.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2009, 04:14:56 PM by goldroadfanatic »
"Cherish the past, accept the present, and anticipate the future.  They are listening to feedback wherever feasible, but they can't repeat the past."

Offline thelegendarystm

• In the Audience
« Reply #35 on: September 26, 2009, 03:15:59 AM »
I'm so disappointed!  I popped in here to see what I missed by WBZ cutting in to announce the filling of Kennedy's senate seat, and I it turns out I missed Bonus Game?!

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOO! :-(

The jib shot leading in to the CC Sponsors before the second wheel spin was fantastic, mad ups to Mr. DiPirro for that one.

And yes, that woman had NO idea how to play Bonkers.

Offline heelsrule1988

• Double Showcase Winner
    • My Deal or No Deal recaps
« Reply #36 on: September 26, 2009, 06:41:43 PM »
Wow... the shot that DiPirro used in Stack the Deck is probably the best thing I've seen him do.

Speaking of Stack the Deck... it's been a while since someone has played it that well. It can't be done any better than that.

BEST CONTESTANT OF THE DAY: Christian
SHOW GRADE: 2

Offline PimpinJC

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #37 on: September 26, 2009, 08:53:56 PM »
Switch?: I admire Rachel staying on the transporter for the whole segment.  That was awesome.

Stack the Deck: Bradley played this game extremely well.  I was a bit worried that it was $19K; glad I was wrong.  He deserved the win.

Bonus Game: Always nice to see. :-)  I had half-expected the bonus to be behind the breakfast center.  It didn't matter, though; Virginia played the game perfectly.

Showcases: This annoyed me last season, and unfortunately, it continues: why are so many trips offered on the show branded as a "trip of a lifetime"?  There's rarely anything in it that makes it a true "trip of a lifetime"; add to that that the line was used so much last season, and the meaning of the line wears off.
All Hail Sinfonia!

Offline rob79

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #38 on: September 26, 2009, 11:02:21 PM »
What a great lineup!!! This felt like a Roger lineup oddly enough which was great.

Y'know I was surprised to see Bonkers sixth.

Bonus Game already== :-D