Author Topic: Frank's Price is Right: Episode 23--THE END  (Read 21125 times)

Offline Mallory16

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Icon by Gemma Moody
Re: Frank's Price is Right: Episode 23--SHOWCASE
« Reply #105 on: October 19, 2006, 07:28:09 AM »
[color=FF0000]BONK![/color] [color=FF0000]BONK![/color]

Well... this is a historic moment.  Not a particularly good one either, but for the first time in the show's history, we've had two people just up and forget about the same showcase showdown.  Meaning Army has absolutely no competition, meaning that Army, you are going to be in our showcase, next!

Gatorman, you are the top winner in today's showcase, PriceFanArmadillo, you are the runner-up, and this is the first showcase!

Rich:  This showcase starts with a new car!  The 2007 Chevy Cobalt LT sedan, a great car with yet another generic plug, so just remember that Frank writes these lame things.  Comes with standard features, 2.2 liter engine, 5-speed manual transmission, heated leather-appointed bucket seats, and XM satellite radio, a Chevy Cobalt!

And we follow that up with another new car!  A 2007 Chevy Malibu LT sedan, a great car for driving on the open road.  Comes with standard features, 2.2 liter inline engine, 4-speed automatic transmission, front side & head-curtain side air bags, power adjustable brake and accelerator, engine block heater, 16-inch machine face aluminum wheel, rear spoiler, AM/FM stereo with 6-disc CD player, and OnStar.

And finally, we don't have a third new car for you, unfortunately, but we hope you don't mind a new truck!  The 2007 Chevy Colorado crew cab pickup truck is a fun truck for a fun ride over terrain that no one ever really drives over except in commercials.  Comes with standard features, Vortec 3.7 liter I5 engine, 4-speed automatic transmission, light cashmere leather trim, yellow paint, rear sliding window, deep tinted glass, front side-impact air bags, body side moldings, molded carpeted floormats, running boards, power sunroof, Xtreme Accent stripe package, rear view mirror with reading light, tubular chrome assist steps, hard Toneau cargo cover, rear locking differential, electronic traction control, brushed aluminum bed extender, bed rail protectors, fog lamps, AM/FM ETR with 6-disc CD changer, OnStar, molded splash guards, tailgate edge protector, trailer hitch, and all-season spare tire, a Chevy Colorado.

And this showcase, without much of a theme really, can be yours if the price is right!

...um... wow.  What a... odd?  Or great showcase!  Or something.  So Gatorman, are you bidding or passing?

Offline Jordanar18

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Currently, I live in the past.
« Reply #106 on: October 19, 2006, 07:39:15 AM »
"Yellow paint"?  Come on. :-P

Offline Joe_Mello

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #107 on: October 19, 2006, 12:10:35 PM »
You'd be surprised.

How come the Colorado isn't an LT? :-P

Offline Punchboard91

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #108 on: October 19, 2006, 06:04:23 PM »
Er, I didn't forget. I was waiting until after sidey bid, as I was thinking that that would be when I posted my numbers, since he got asked. Must have misunderstood. That happens a lot to me.  :-)

Ah well. Easy come, easy go.

Offline Mallory16

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Icon by Gemma Moody
« Reply #109 on: October 19, 2006, 06:18:29 PM »
In that post, yes... I didn't realize that would cause any confusion, really, since in the first post for the showcase showdown, I'd mentioned for everyone to go.  I just said sidey specifically in the latest post because he was after Army, and Army had already spun, and I don't see a point in waiting for all three of you to spin before posting any results if the first spinner already gave his numbers, so...

...um, something.  Guess I should be more clear in subsequent posts like that, but it'd kinda' feel like nagging on my part if I went "don't forget your numbers too, Punchy!"  Guess I can do that in the future if really wanted, though.

Offline sideshowPA

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #110 on: October 19, 2006, 06:22:08 PM »
Uh oh, I feel like a heel.  Frank, I apologize for missing my spins.  I love your shows, and just plain blew it here.
"I don't want to hear disorganized beeping." - Bob Barker

Offline Gatorman

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #111 on: October 19, 2006, 07:40:53 PM »
"LT" and not "LS"...I'll BID on this...$54,000, please.

Offline Mallory16

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Icon by Gemma Moody
« Reply #112 on: October 19, 2006, 09:53:23 PM »
[color=0000FF]*Image deleted.[/color]

[color=009900]ding![/color]

All right.  Gator has bid $54,000, and now Army, this is your showcase!

Rich:  Army, your showcase is filled with some of the show's most expensive prizes ever, and it starts with this fun jukebox.  The Wurlitzer Princess CD jukebox is mostly a smaller version of the One More Time model 1015 CD jukebox, this one fits into smaller spaces and can be used on countertops, mounted on the wall, or just sit on a specially designed pedestal unit.

And sometimes these are pretty expensive too, a new hot tub.  The Jacuzzi Morphosis Alpha tub comes from the legendary Italian design house Pininfarina, and the tub features digital controls, a European design faucet and hand shower, Illumatherapy lighting system and fully adjustable TheraPro jets.

Then again, you're probably waiting for one of the bestest prizes we offer on the show, something you can drive around the town in, like this new Cadillac!  Yes, it's the Cadillac Elite Road Series ERT-1 carbon fiber-frame road bike, a great bicycle for getting exercise while getting to where you need to go.  Comes with a high-quality Dedacciai carbon fiber frame, Reynolds Ouzo Pro carbon fiber fork that delivers unrivaled strength while weighing very little, Shimano Dura Ace front and rear derailleur, clipless pedals, 10-gear shifters, dual-pivot brakes, racing-quality Deda Elementi Blackstick seat post and Selle Italia SLR leather-topped saddle.

Or better yet, how about this new Corvette!  From Revell AG Germany, this 1/25 model 2005 Corvette C6 is a plastic model kit that requires plastic cement and paint for assembly, while the model comes with detailed bodywork with fine surface details, seperate bonnet that can be moved, authentic internal fittings with dashboard and 2 body-contoured seats, multi-part detailed engine with separate cylinder heads, intake manifold and oil sump, separate exhaust assembly, detailed wheel suspension, rotating wheels, metal axles, metal and chrome parts, clear and red transparent parts, and true-to-original decals with identification marks.

And this showcase, the first ever to offer both a Cadillac and a Corvette, can be yours if the price is right!

And PriceFanArmadillo, this is your showcase.  What do you bid on it?

Offline Gatorman

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #113 on: October 19, 2006, 11:10:55 PM »
0\../0

PRICEFAN! WIN THOSE CARS! I'm dying to see the scoreboard brrrrrrooooooooooohhhh wait, this is a Frank Fakeout. -\../-

Offline PriceFanArmadillo

• -This space for rent-
« Reply #114 on: October 19, 2006, 11:42:44 PM »
Hmm...I have a few words I can think of to describe that showcase...most of which aren't fit for a family show.  ;-)

Umm...$10,300?
Armadillo is exactly right - ClockGameJohn
---------------------------------------
The Here Moderates This Here Site Here Guy

Offline Mallory16

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Icon by Gemma Moody
Re: Frank's Price is Right: Episode 23--THE END
« Reply #115 on: October 20, 2006, 01:33:10 PM »
Why would you say that, Army?  I mean, a showcase with a Cadillac and a Corvette?  Most people wouldn't complain.

Anyway, now to see who has won his or her showcase.  Gator!  You bid $54,000 on your showcase.  And Gator, the actual retail price of your showcase is...

$65,594!  A difference of?

[color=009900]ding![/color]

$11,594.  Army, you must be closer than that without going over in order for you to win.  Army, you bid $10,300 on your spectacular showcase.  And Army, the actual retail price of your showcase IS!

$27,072!  For a difference of...

$16,772, Gatorman, you win!

[color=009900]dingdingdingdingdingdingdingding![/color]

Gator, you have $69,564 worth of prizes on today's show, including three new cars, making you one of our biggest winners in this show's history!  What a good day for you, Gator!  Frank reminding you to help control the lame ending joke population--I'm skipping this line this week!  Goodbye everybody!

Gatorman:  $69,564
Jordanar18:  $8800
Punchboard91:  $2950
sideshowPA:  $1874
CrimsonViper:  $1630
PriceFanArmadillo:  $1502

*As I'd said earlier, the final prize in Walk of Fame was originally going to be a trailer.  I changed it to the trip to China a few days before we got to that game.  Why the change?  Simply because I'm stupid:  the trailer had 5 digits in the price, and I stupidly didn't think to make the Walk of Fame graphic able to hold 5 digits, so I switched it out.

*Another secret:  there were actually two planned scripts for the second showcase, both of them with the same prizes, and the same prices.  The other, funnier one would have been used if Gatorman had actually passed the first showcase to Army.

*This is the tenth consecutive episode with the sixth pricing game of the day lost.  Why do we have so much trouble with that particular slot?  Not that it's always been easy, but it hasn't always been hard, either.

*And finally, this is only our second 1-out-of-6er.  Oddly enough, the other one also started with a big prize and an audience entrance.  Probably just coincidence, but still kinda' odd.