Author Topic: FULL RECAP - TPiR 09/28/2009 - Show B  (Read 23949 times)

Offline Wayoshi

• CSS Host
  • The production values Evelyn SHOULD strive for.
    • My Youtube
Re: FULL RECAP - TPiR 09/28/2009 - Show B
« Reply #15 on: September 28, 2009, 06:36:27 PM »
Still... she didn't know whether she wanted to bid or pass! I mean, what the heck?! 8-O
If she's a bit weak-minded, that's easily a non-decision as well...think about it, a Corvette basically doubles or triples an average SC's ARP...
S5x... the show's stabilized into something decent now, I guess...

Offline Casey

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #16 on: September 28, 2009, 07:11:55 PM »
Drew's hosting was absolutely top notch today.  The losses didn't depress him too much, and he was really just on top of his game throughout the whole show.

The shots they've been doing during the plugs before the Showcase Showdowns since the start of the season have all been really wonderful.  Love seeing much more of the stage than we've ever really had a chance to see. 

I can't put my finger on why, but I'd swear Flip Flop looked different today.

I thought the same thing - it just seemed a bit more vivid than usual, most noticeably on the red elements of the prop.  Seemed like they left it in the lit mode, rather than turned off as the pictures in the gallery suggest it had been.  

« Last Edit: September 28, 2009, 07:18:58 PM by isucgv »

Offline priceisrightforever

• Walking the Golden Road
    • Facebook
« Reply #17 on: September 28, 2009, 07:35:25 PM »
I hardly ever post in this section but I had to today. I just watched the show and WOW. I loved it. It seemed like everything went right today. Everything from the games selected to the prizes, to Drews preformance to the music cues. Today seemed like classic price is right.

Offline GameShowKid

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #18 on: September 28, 2009, 08:48:31 PM »
$1.49 for two Twinkies???  :-o Talk about inflation!

"Well David you look pretty happy to be here, and who wouldn't be, am I right? The only thing that might make you even happier is if you had some beautiful jewelry like this silver cuff bracelet!"
Did I hear that right??? Why offer him anything else if that's the only thing?

I agree with those who mentioned Drew's very good job today.

Offline leafsfan17

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #19 on: September 28, 2009, 09:16:41 PM »
Excellent wins today in Cover Up, Bonkers, Grand Game and Switch. Looks like we're starting off this week right where last week left off, which is with lots of wins.
Dr. Pepper: Not recommended for Skype chats

Offline REDHEADVICKI

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #20 on: September 28, 2009, 09:30:54 PM »
hello all!   :-)

Drew did a great job hosting today... and it was also nice to hear MGHS cue in showcase #1...
I also liked the black corvette in showcase #1 as well. We need to see more cars like that again soon!

Overall great show today, the show deserves an excellent rating today!

Have a great night all!   :-)

Vicki

Offline PaladinTornado

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #21 on: September 28, 2009, 09:42:57 PM »
I must say that this season is already better than last.  Drew's performance is certainly improving, as are the lineups/showcases.  Bring on one of the Big Three (or one of the other MIA games)!

More or Less continued its losing streak, now at 12 straight losses.  Last win was June 2, 2008 (S36).

Offline woohookitty

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #22 on: September 28, 2009, 10:10:38 PM »
Probably because they didn't anticipate these shows airing this week... I'm pretty sure these were intended for next week.

It gets confusing, though, for those of us where these 3rd week eps are running the hour BEFORE the 2nd week eps. Milwaukee station is airing LMAD the hour before Price instead of in the afternoon. So we're seeing these first

Offline rodroddyfan

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #23 on: September 28, 2009, 10:13:44 PM »
That's why I am wondering, will next weeks show be reruns or still be first runs.

Offline TPIRSteven

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #24 on: September 28, 2009, 10:14:23 PM »
Cover Up:  Great win, and Drew handled it very well!

Grand Game:  Another great win!  I would have lost by picking the cleaner instead of the gel.  Steven is probably my favorite contestant so far this season -- he really helped make the playing fun!

Flip Flop:  This one was tough.  Too bad.

Showcase Showdown #1:  Yay!  Our first big money winner of the season!  Kimberly makes up for losing Flip Flop!

More or Less:  Glad to see this come up again!  Too bad it was lost again.  I figured the computer was going to be tough, and I was right.

Bonkers:  So it looks like David gets to fly from Montreal to Vancouver via Los Angeles!  :oldlol:  Excellent win, though!

Switch?:  Another nice win here, especially with much of the audience telling Monique to switch.

Showcases:  Wow!  A Corvette!  Unfortunately, Kimberly apparently doesn't know much about Corvettes...  Also, it's a good thing there was no CSS, because I would have overbid on the said Corvette.

Steven's Show Score:
Pricing Game Lineup:  20/25 -- Another solid lineup; could have used a SP game.
Wins:  20/25 -- Even though it was just 4/6, bonus points are added for the wheel.
Showcases:  19/20 -- SC1 was awesome with the Corvette, but I didn't like SC2 that much.
Hosting:  20/20 -- I agree, Drew was incredibly awesome today!  Keep it up!
Other:  10/10 -- Some great wins, classic cues, and exciting contestants!

Total:  89/100 -- Excellent (and just a hair under Spectacular)

Offline Kev347

• Double Showcase Winner
  • I love it when people get lit up.
« Reply #25 on: September 28, 2009, 10:31:49 PM »
Wow, what a terrific show. This particular show shows that, when everything goes right, we still can have eps that are just as classic as anything in the Bob era now. Drew's hosting was just terrific throughout (was also awesome in Shell Game earlier today, forgot to mention that in the other thread). But great buildups on Cover Up, Grand Game, More or Less, and the best showcase reveal he's ever done for the appropriately huge prize - well done. Please keep it up this season. Drew is also learning well how to recover from losses and get on with the show.

As for the games, wow, what can I say. Nice to see a bit of luck on Cover Up for a change. And while I've become kind of indifferent to the 2 pricing game opening segment, I think this is the first time we've ever had a first segment with a car win followed by a cash game win, and what a powerful opening to the show it makes. Then we have 10k on the wheel, the huge Vette (garfed, but oh well, still nice to see it), the Bonkers exacta - everything went right today (as much as a non-perfect show can). Nice to see that, anyway.

Also a note lineup wise: Today was the first time we've seen a car game 4th in what feels like forever. It's been since March or so since we've seen one, which is hard to believe because we used to get tired of car games 4th we saw them so much. I maintain that it's still nice to see them every once in a while, and I hope Adam does manage to keep sprinkling in the car games 4th now and then without overdoing it. We're seeing more variation in the flow of the lineups now than ever before under Adam so it appears he's getting it down, and it really does make a difference in the unpredictability and overall enjoyment of the show for those of us who watch it every day.

Now for the timings:
Cover Up (5) - 5:25
Grand Game (5) - 4:30
Flip Flop (3.5) - 3:24
More Or Less (5.5)- 4:16
Bonkers (4.5) - 3:25
Switch? (3.5)- 3:39
Total time (27): 25:39

Offline plinkowin2010

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #26 on: September 28, 2009, 11:07:24 PM »
I agree great show today, it was good seeing regular commercials too during the airing of show B.
It brought back memories of watching TPIR back in the day.

Offline PriceFanArmadillo

• -This space for rent-
« Reply #27 on: September 28, 2009, 11:14:32 PM »
It gets confusing, though, for those of us where these 3rd week eps are running the hour BEFORE the 2nd week eps. Milwaukee station is airing LMAD the hour before Price instead of in the afternoon. So we're seeing these first
Why is that confusing?  For all intents and purposes, why does it matter if you see a 3rd week show before or after a 2nd week show?  Price is pretty much as self-contained as a show gets.
Armadillo is exactly right - ClockGameJohn
---------------------------------------
The Here Moderates This Here Site Here Guy

Offline Joe_Capitano

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #28 on: September 28, 2009, 11:22:55 PM »
...will next week(')s show be reruns or still be first runs.

First Runs, unless you hear otherwise.

Offline rodroddyfan

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #29 on: September 29, 2009, 12:43:07 AM »
Ok thank you joe.  I thought so but wasn't too sure.