Author Topic: The "Drewcases" V.S. Season 38 Showcases  (Read 4199 times)

Offline magic#92

• Taking a Bonus Spin
Re: The "Drewcases" V.S. Season 38 Showcases
« Reply #15 on: October 01, 2009, 12:18:32 AM »
The current showcases can be described as boring, bland, and unimaginative, but they still beat the Drewcases.  I still miss the S36 ones, though. :cry:
This is Wilford Brimley reminding you to help control your diabeetus.  Check your blood sugar and check it often.

Offline kens5368035

• In the Audience
« Reply #16 on: October 01, 2009, 02:31:44 PM »
I see what you're saying but the it was something about the unpredictability of the Drewcases. You just didn't know what was going to happen next, corny or otherwise

Offline blackwood

• In Contestant's Row
  • "I have started so I will finish", Magus Magguson
    • Blackwood Company
« Reply #17 on: October 01, 2009, 04:42:51 PM »
The good news is that we are seeing these past showcases gone and the stupidity which is what is needed at this point.
Love and Heart

Offline TYaki

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #18 on: October 01, 2009, 09:46:19 PM »
The good news is that we are seeing these past showcases gone and the stupidity which is what is needed at this point.

The first part, ok, but the second part... huh?

Offline CJBojangles

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #19 on: October 01, 2009, 10:39:09 PM »

Come now, you visit Invision. You should know better. :P

I'm surprised he's only got 3 ignores so far, though.

Offline compdude512

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #20 on: October 01, 2009, 11:14:02 PM »
Honestly, I like the Showcases better when there's some form of cohesive theme.  The Drewcases really didn't do anything for me.

I did, however, like the whole "Mind, Body, and Soul" Showcase from (IIRC) the last couples' show where they gave away a car at the end of that particular Showcase.  They had a Kia Soul earlier in the show.  I still wonder why they didn't save the Kia for that Showcase?  That would have been perfect! :-)

Tyler
"We, in fact, like it when people criticize what we've done on the show because it means you're thinking about the show." -Jamie Hyneman, Mythbusters.

Offline TYaki

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #21 on: October 02, 2009, 08:04:40 AM »
Come now, you visit Invision. You should know better. :P

Guilty as charged, but if the denziens on here can be warned by any means, so be it.

ObShowcase: I can't really make a true opinion until I see this "Fried Chicken" Drewcase I've heard so much about, but I guess what's good about this season's showcases so far is that there's at least logical flow in the prizes.

Offline CJBojangles

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #22 on: October 02, 2009, 10:39:35 AM »
ObShowcase: I can't really make a true opinion until I see this "Fried Chicken" Drewcase I've heard so much about, but I guess what's good about this season's showcases so far is that there's at least logical flow in the prizes.

Here ya go.

Offline blackwood

• In Contestant's Row
  • "I have started so I will finish", Magus Magguson
    • Blackwood Company
« Reply #23 on: October 02, 2009, 06:54:35 PM »
It is because there is no humor in any showcase that was there.
Love and Heart

Offline TYaki

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #24 on: October 02, 2009, 08:20:36 PM »
Here ya go.

A) Thank you.

B) Point for those that said the showcases were a low point of Season 38.   They might have well just aired bits from The Aristocrats interspersed with prizes, because that's how surreal that was.

Offline Kyle

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #25 on: October 03, 2009, 11:02:20 AM »
I still miss the S36 ones, though. :cry:

I agree...I liked how in season 36, they started to put a spin on the finish of the showcases; meaning, instead of just saying "this showcase can be yours if 'The Price is Right", they started varying it up, by saying things like "what you can expect if you come to 'The Price is Right'" or "here on the set of 'The Price is Right." I wonder if those little flourishes were something else Drew didn't like about the showcases?

His recent interview with TVSquad really suggests that the "Drewcases" were used because the prize department was just getting some random prizes and he was trying the best he could to make three seemingly unrelated prizes seem funny. Once they started in with more extravagant showcase payoffs, with prizes that fit more together, the "Drewcases" seemed to fade away.

Offline Axl

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #26 on: October 03, 2009, 10:01:30 PM »
His recent interview with TVSquad really suggests that the "Drewcases" were used because the prize department was just getting some random prizes and he was trying the best he could to make three seemingly unrelated prizes seem funny. Once they started in with more extravagant showcase payoffs, with prizes that fit more together, the "Drewcases" seemed to fade away.

Good observation.  I can't believe I hadn't thought of it like that... although I suspect they also realized that the Drewcases simply weren't working.