Author Topic: CSS Results for October 12  (Read 2634 times)

Offline heelsrule1988

• Double Showcase Winner
    • My Deal or No Deal recaps
Re: CSS Results for October 12
« Reply #15 on: October 13, 2009, 01:34:25 AM »
Kristin's bids: $29,300/$27,460. Outplayed by Kristin too? Ugh.

Offline BRB_TheFireball

• Double Showcase Winner
  • A Man Without A Forum
    • The Fireball on Golden-Road.net
« Reply #16 on: October 13, 2009, 06:52:52 AM »
$10,000 for Amsterdam?!  Yep... the good old days are over.
Well, this week was supposed to be a return to normalcy, but that's clearly not allowed.  Since you feel there is no need for this week's FPG to continue, I feel there is no need to continue as an FPG host or a G-R.net member.  Since most people are so desperate to push me out of here, why delay it?  I would have preferred that everybody publicly admitted it rather than string me along for the last two days, but it is what it is.  I am hereby resigning as FPG host and moderator, effective immediately.  whammy007 is the new permanent host.  No R-rated rant or airing of grievances from me.  Just a polite "goodbye for good".

--Fireball to Chelsea, 1/15/16

Offline Franc

• Double Showcase Winner
    • Let Me Be Franc!
« Reply #17 on: October 13, 2009, 08:30:22 AM »
For a guy who rarely plays. I did pretty good for myself! On one of my very rare playings this year, I've gone with identical bids and ended up 4th! I'll gladly take it! Too bad I can't play at work!

Offline Macsen

• Retro Recap Guide
  • The mythical, elusive S39-S40 Recap Guide
    • Twitch streaming
« Reply #18 on: October 13, 2009, 09:50:05 AM »
I can't believe I went over like that. That sucked.

At least I was closer than BigJon. :P
"Kitch? Yes, that is what they used to call me..."

Offline PriceFanArmadillo

• Loyal Friend and True
  • -This space for rent-
« Reply #19 on: October 13, 2009, 09:50:34 AM »
$10,000 for Amsterdam?!  Yep... the good old days are over.
What are you talking about?  I'd bet you could have some very good days in Amsterdam with $10,000!  :)

(Well, at least until the economy collapses the value of the dollar, but that's another matter entirely...)
Armadillo is exactly right - ClockGameJohn
---------------------------------------
The Here Moderates This Here Site Here Guy

Offline BigJon

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #20 on: October 13, 2009, 10:44:42 AM »
I can't believe I went over like that. That sucked.

At least I was closer than BigJon. :P

BOOOOOOO Kitch..
Dang I'm so mad at myself.. I was so sure of my bid
BigJon's TPIR will live on - CSS Host - 2nd Season; CSS Statistician 3rd Season

Offline HappySB10

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #21 on: October 13, 2009, 08:19:57 PM »
What are you talking about?  I'd bet you could have some very good days in Amsterdam with $10,000!  :)

We would not be surprised that trip to anywhere in Europe will cost at least $10K.  The trip to Spain is at least $9K, the French Cruise along the River costs $15-18K, and trip to Tuscany w/stay at the villa costs near $20K.

Offline BRB_TheFireball

• Double Showcase Winner
  • A Man Without A Forum
    • The Fireball on Golden-Road.net
« Reply #22 on: October 13, 2009, 10:10:46 PM »
We would not be surprised that trip to anywhere in Europe will cost at least $10K.  The trip to Spain is at least $9K, the French Cruise along the River costs $15-18K, and trip to Tuscany w/stay at the villa costs near $20K.

We're not surprised about all of those other trips to European destinations costing at least $10K.  The point is that up until last season, Amsterdam had always been the exception to that rule.  In the first 36 seasons of TPIR, there hadn't been a single trip to Amsterdam that cracked $6,000.  In fact, as recently as the Season 36 finale, they were still giving away trips to Amsterdam worth less than $3,000!
Well, this week was supposed to be a return to normalcy, but that's clearly not allowed.  Since you feel there is no need for this week's FPG to continue, I feel there is no need to continue as an FPG host or a G-R.net member.  Since most people are so desperate to push me out of here, why delay it?  I would have preferred that everybody publicly admitted it rather than string me along for the last two days, but it is what it is.  I am hereby resigning as FPG host and moderator, effective immediately.  whammy007 is the new permanent host.  No R-rated rant or airing of grievances from me.  Just a polite "goodbye for good".

--Fireball to Chelsea, 1/15/16