Author Topic: FULL RECAP - TPiR 10/15/2009  (Read 19642 times)

Offline Wayoshi

• CSS Host
  • The production values Evelyn SHOULD strive for.
    • My Youtube
Re: FULL RECAP - TPiR 10/15/2009
« Reply #15 on: October 15, 2009, 05:26:40 PM »
-Punchy: See Drew section for juggling comments 8/10
-Pushy: Good. 9/10
-Cardy: Great! 10/10
-SD1: 4/5
-OWP: The usual. 8/10
-Pappy: Good. 9/10
-L7: The usual again, sadly. Ruined herself at the beginning though - 7/10
-SD2: 4/5
-SC1: Not too bad. 4.5/5
-SC2: Like those trips... 4/5
-Results: ...See CSS threads for today's oddities. Yikes. 8.5/10
-Drew: Who got to Stan and said "if this guy gets up, we should spend 30 seconds juggling?" It was just a waste of time, and it probably was Drew. 7/10

83 --> B
S5x... the show's stabilized into something decent now, I guess...

Offline joeyboy

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #16 on: October 15, 2009, 05:37:31 PM »
Punch-a-Bunch: What was the point of the juggling?  :question:

Pushover: That was fairly easy.

Card Game: Nice win.

One Wrong Price: Really?  :-?

Pick-a-Pair: For some reason. I thought it was the graham crackers and the mashed potatoes.

Lucky Seven: Lost as usual.

Showcase #1: Decent showcase.

Showcase #2: Evil FRAT’s.  :-x

O.K. show today. I’m still stunned with that second showcase.  8-O

Offline HappySB10

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #17 on: October 15, 2009, 05:44:11 PM »

Showcase #1: wasn't so bad if you ask me. However I wasn't shocked that Steven was over.  

For the Prius showcase from last season.  It ranges from $34-37 or 38K.  I thought Steven had it with difference of 500-3500.
In addition, the price of the Prius from last season is about the same as new 2010 one.

Today is 2nd Anniversary of Drew's TPIR.  He started on October, 15, 2007.

MOD NOTE: Consecutive posts merged. - JC
« Last Edit: October 15, 2009, 06:15:45 PM by Joe_Capitano »

Offline tpirfan28

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #18 on: October 15, 2009, 07:05:47 PM »
Going to make a potentially controversial statement.

Slow down on the Punch-A-Bunch playings.
They can be close at the top, too.
#42SP

Offline BRB_TheFireball

• Double Showcase Winner
  • A Man Without A Forum
    • The Fireball on Golden-Road.net
« Reply #19 on: October 15, 2009, 07:13:20 PM »
I think Drew got mugged by Michelle. :lol:

Was One-Bid #3 the first time that all four contestants cast a bid with a 55 in it?

Yay!  Card Game! :P And a fantastic win with the $1,000 range card, too!

Ha!  Steven dismissed his score of 50... and he won.  Isn't it great to be proved wrong sometimes?

One Wrong Price was a forced loss.  The snow gear looked overpriced and the computer looked underpriced.  The only priced that looked right was the gym... and that was the wrong one.

Yay!  Lucky Seven sixth! :P

What was up with SC2?!  Nothing more to say about SC2 except:

My showcase bids:
Room/car--$30,507
FRATS--$23,107 ( :gotc: )
Well, this week was supposed to be a return to normalcy, but that's clearly not allowed.  Since you feel there is no need for this week's FPG to continue, I feel there is no need to continue as an FPG host or a G-R.net member.  Since most people are so desperate to push me out of here, why delay it?  I would have preferred that everybody publicly admitted it rather than string me along for the last two days, but it is what it is.  I am hereby resigning as FPG host and moderator, effective immediately.  whammy007 is the new permanent host.  No R-rated rant or airing of grievances from me.  Just a polite "goodbye for good".

--Fireball to Chelsea, 1/15/16

Offline HappySB10

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #20 on: October 15, 2009, 07:23:11 PM »
I agree that SC2 is sexed-up b/c it is way more expensive than we expected.  What will be the opposite of sexed-up b/c SC1 is way cheaper than expected.  Please give me some nice slogans.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2009, 08:47:04 PM by temptation1979ga »

Offline Kev347

• Double Showcase Winner
  • I love it when people get lit up.
« Reply #21 on: October 15, 2009, 07:32:14 PM »
Great show today. Juggling aside, I thought Steven was a great contestant. Wayo brought a little bit of doubt to my mind earlier when he mentioned the fact that Steven might have been picked solely for his juggling prowess. If that is the case, that is sad. However, since we don't know that, I would like to think based on his genuineness that he was just a great contestant. And we had a good batch of contestants today. Either Stan is getting better, or we are just getting more excited (and somewhat more intelligent!) people showing up at Studio 33. Either way, contestants made all of the first 3 games as well as Pick A Pair enjoyable today. Drew is also again improving, today evidenced by the Card Game reveal and the fact that he is getting better and better at building up Punch a Bunch and making a bailout tempting. Today felt like a classic Price episode for most of the first half. This faded in the second half, but today was still nice overall.

That being said, the ridiculously evil setups have got to stop. No one in their right mind was going to win either One Wrong Price or Lucky $even today. And the showcases were odd - something tells me they actually wanted the Prius won today, so they jacked the price of the trips up beyond comprehension and made the car cheaper to cover the garfs that people have been having lately. And then Steven finally shows some moxie on bidding on the car showcase, and now they're out $43,000 in trips. *sigh* We'll give away a car eventually. My guess is that that Peru trip alone was probably close to $20,000 in the second showcase though, and the other trips were probably up above $10,000 as well. I'm just getting tired of playing guessing games with these trips. If you want to see something ugly, check out the CSS thread from today.

Timings:
Punch a Bunch (5.5) - 6:35 (new longest game of the season, thanks to juggling)
Push Over (4) - 3:44
Card Game (5) - 3:56
One Wrong Price (3.5) - 3:02
Pick A Pair (4.5) - 3:59
Lucky $even (4.5) - 3:37
Total (27): 24:53

Offline HappySB10

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #22 on: October 15, 2009, 07:37:58 PM »

*sigh* We'll give away a car eventually.

I agree with you.  We will see a car give away.  The Accord won on Monday was taped on 8/19.  For me, I love to see a car that is roomy to giveaway.  Lucky for me, the 2 convertibles last week (Mustang and 350Z), CTS, and Wrangler aren't either roomy or practical.  What a pity did not see Focus, Aveo, and Prius won (but another Prius just won on the first day of the season).  Based on past years, is too hard to win a car in the showcase during the first month of the taping of the season? :cry: :-x :cry: :-x
« Last Edit: October 15, 2009, 07:43:20 PM by HappySB10 »

Offline BRB_TheFireball

• Double Showcase Winner
  • A Man Without A Forum
    • The Fireball on Golden-Road.net
« Reply #23 on: October 15, 2009, 07:42:53 PM »
I agree that SC2 is sexed-up b/c it is way more expensive than we expected.  What will be the opposite of sexed-up b/c SC1 is way cheaper than expected.  Please give me some nice slogans.

We can't really call it a Fireball Special because that term is reserved only for the really cheap showcases.  My definition has been $15,000 and below since 2006, but that threshold may be increased to something like $17,000 this season.

How about "ARE YOU SERIOUS?!" or just plain...

Well, this week was supposed to be a return to normalcy, but that's clearly not allowed.  Since you feel there is no need for this week's FPG to continue, I feel there is no need to continue as an FPG host or a G-R.net member.  Since most people are so desperate to push me out of here, why delay it?  I would have preferred that everybody publicly admitted it rather than string me along for the last two days, but it is what it is.  I am hereby resigning as FPG host and moderator, effective immediately.  whammy007 is the new permanent host.  No R-rated rant or airing of grievances from me.  Just a polite "goodbye for good".

--Fireball to Chelsea, 1/15/16

Offline HappySB10

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #24 on: October 15, 2009, 07:45:23 PM »
Thank you.  It just give me a idea.  HAI MAJIDE (Japanese for Are you Serious).  This is the slogan from I Survived a Japanese Game Show.  By the way, what is Epic Fail means?
« Last Edit: October 15, 2009, 08:17:07 PM by temptation1979ga »

Offline gsn93

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #25 on: October 15, 2009, 07:53:04 PM »
Epic Fail: The highest form of fail known to man. or

A mistake of such monumental proportions that it requires its own term in order to sucessfully point out the unfathomable shortcomings of an individual or group.

Urban Dictionary
« Last Edit: October 15, 2009, 11:55:06 PM by Joe_Capitano »
Total HYO Winnings: $101,775(as of 5/10/10)

Offline HappySB10

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #26 on: October 15, 2009, 08:10:42 PM »
How much must be off/over to be Garf/Willy of the Century.

Offline heelsrule1988

• Double Showcase Winner
    • My Deal or No Deal recaps
« Reply #27 on: October 15, 2009, 08:38:00 PM »
BEST CONTESTANT OF THE DAY: Steven
SHOW GRADE: 2

Have you ever tried Google?
Or Jacob... he's always on top of those things for us.

Offline thewhammy_2000

• Double Showcase Winner
    • The FunDMental Game Show Site
« Reply #28 on: October 15, 2009, 08:59:32 PM »
Punch-a-Bunch: Yeah, ya gotta be pretty interesting to be a contestant nowadays, even if the best decision is to take the $1000.

Push Over: Yep, I wonder what these contestants use to get so active. Still I only thought about using 5350.

Card Game: That is some darn good play with a margin like that. Actually, I would have also stopped at 18000 myself.

One Wrong Price: I just could not stop contemplating over the home gym....

pick a pair: with the second choice i would have picked the cleaner as well

One Bid 6: "Ah, the good ol' last bid. Say 801." Double darn.

Lucky Seven: Oooh, that 1...

Showcases: Wow, that is what I want to call a Triple-Decker Honeymoon! I would have said about $23,000 for Steven's Showcase.
My somewhat popular YouTube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/thewhammy83 for Price, PYL, and other game shows.

Offline SteveGavazzi

• Loyal Friend and True &
  • Director
« Reply #29 on: October 15, 2009, 10:25:57 PM »
Well, we're in a new taping week, and Drew was back to being a dumbass.  Saying goofy things about Rich's copy, gasping before reading prices for no reason, looking at his damn watch as he explains the rules of Contestants' Row...I really hope this only lasts one show.  It makes Price much harder to watch.

Something about Drew being told things about a contestant before the show starts really bothers me.  They've never had to plan for things to happen with a contestant anymore...Bob was always able to find out interesting things on his own.  And we've seen that Drew is capable of doing this when he wants to, too, so I don't really like the idea of the staff doing it for him because he doesn't feel like it.

Today's Showcase is a pretty good example of why they need to quit shoving extra crap into the trips.  There is no way a three-trip showcase should cost $43,000, and there is no way anyone's going to bid $43,000 on it.  A show centered around prices isn't any fun if none of the prices make any sense.

And Happy, this thread has 30 posts in it now.  More than a third of them are yours.  This is not normal.
"Every game is somebody's favorite." -- Wise words from Roger Dobkowitz.