Author Topic: CSS Results for October 23  (Read 4270 times)

Offline BuddyTom

• Double Showcase Winner
  • It says what it means.
CSS Results for October 23
« on: October 23, 2009, 01:25:05 PM »
The killer today was, for the most part, the second showcase. According to the Sea-Doo website, the Speedster 150 starts at $17,599. There are also notices about rebates of up to $4,500 all over the site; I have no idea if this would apply to a price on the show but it may have something to do with the fact that I can't imagine that the week's trip to San Diego (even if it's by limo instead of air), the water skiing equipment, and the beach towels and chairs would all add up to be under $3,500.

As far as Italy is concerned, that was also cheap. Tuscany has a range of prices that can go right on up to $25K in the private villa with the chef and staff. The Ducati Monster goes up to $15,495 for a special edition but one offered on Christmas Eve last year was a little more than half that price. Still, giving it $10K, and the pizza oven wasn't free, the trip was budget-priced.

Several people remarked to me that they didn't have much of a clue today and as such were going extra low to be safe. None of those people scored so much as a point. Just about everything happened today: DSW (blown), WSD, 10 DOBs, and a blitz!

Hag, I can't say that you did a stellar job or anything, but it's getting you both showcases (times two for double values Friday), and points times four (2x for the blitz, 2x for Friday). You don't have to disclose whether it was skill or just **** luck, either. Congratulations?

CHATROOM SHOWCASE SHUTOFF
Results for October 23, 2009 -- Game 24

[attachment deleted by admin]
BuddyTom
CSS Host emeritus (served 2006-10)

-- Freude!

Offline PriceFanArmadillo

• Loyal Friend and True
  • -This space for rent-
Re: CSS Results for October 23
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2009, 02:28:52 PM »
I said I didn't have a clue, but I didn't say I was going low.  :P

Also, we had another survivor in chat today (with a DSW even!), but as he didn't bother with sending in bids, sucks to be him.  :P
Armadillo is exactly right - ClockGameJohn
---------------------------------------
The Here Moderates This Here Site Here Guy

Offline Hag

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Don't fork too soon.
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2009, 02:50:00 PM »
I was just trying to bid safely for double values Friday. I actually thought the Tuscany trip would be a lot more. One of those crazy things, I guess. :-)

2nd place, 2011 CSS playoffs.     QSW, 3/27/17, 1/15/18. Exacta, 5/14/21.

"Four cents cost you 10,000 dollars."

Offline GoldenBulldog

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Creative Writer, Loyal Friend and True
    • My Faceook Page
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2009, 02:51:36 PM »
I'm not even gonna post my usual "EPIC FAIL" video to sum up today's disaster.  Today, I'm gonna post something that will absolutely torture you.

Ladies and gentlemen, I present to you...William Shatner.

:mrgreen:
I just wanted to drop you a note and thank you for your love, affection and loyalty to me, drew, the models and.... The Price is Right....thank you for being such a "Loyal Friend & True". -Rich Fields (in an e-mail sent to me on 3/17/2010)

I support The Price is Right...even if nobody I know likes Drew Carey.

Offline BRB_TheFireball

• Double Showcase Winner
  • A Man Without A Forum
    • The Fireball on Golden-Road.net
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2009, 03:33:15 PM »
This was dirty pool by Greco.  There was no excuse for either showcase being that cheap.  I thought my two bids were cautiously conservative.  I intentionally decided not to bid big because I wanted one Friday with points.  And what happens?  I still get caught in a double overbid.  And I get blitzed by Hag again.

And now I'm gonna go get blitzed in another way.

:headbang:
Well, this week was supposed to be a return to normalcy, but that's clearly not allowed.  Since you feel there is no need for this week's FPG to continue, I feel there is no need to continue as an FPG host or a G-R.net member.  Since most people are so desperate to push me out of here, why delay it?  I would have preferred that everybody publicly admitted it rather than string me along for the last two days, but it is what it is.  I am hereby resigning as FPG host and moderator, effective immediately.  whammy007 is the new permanent host.  No R-rated rant or airing of grievances from me.  Just a polite "goodbye for good".

--Fireball to Chelsea, 1/15/16

Offline Wayoshi

• The production values Evelyn SHOULD strive for.
    • My Youtube
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2009, 03:50:04 PM »
25509 / 27709 ... whinbaby, your guidance is well-needed. :)
S5x... the show's stabilized into something decent now, I guess...

Offline mikebev25

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2009, 04:02:57 PM »
Once I started seeing people's bids in chat, I knew that if I went over, it would be a big one. Sure enough, it was. Congrats Hag.

I suck. I'm not going over quite as much as I used to, but I still go over way too much.
Retired Games that should be brought back:
Barker's Bargain Bar, Buy or Sell, Superball!, Super Saver, Split Decision, Give or Keep, Hurdles, Penny Ante, Walk of Fame

Offline Macsen

• Retro Recap Guide
  • The mythical, elusive S39-S40 Recap Guide
    • Twitch streaming
« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2009, 04:09:02 PM »
This was totally utter...

Congrats on your blitz, Hag.
"Kitch? Yes, that is what they used to call me..."

Offline GR WHAMMY

• Walking the Golden Road
  • Just wants to enjoy the show!
« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2009, 04:17:16 PM »

within a
Just wants to enjoy the show!
HYO WINNINGS: $3675

Offline heelsrule1988

• Double Showcase Winner
    • My Deal or No Deal recaps
« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2009, 04:18:38 PM »
$17,400/$27,300... this was the most obvious ND ever, because of that unexplicably cheap second showcase. No way that there wasn't going to be a ton of red on the scoreboard today.

I was just trying to bid safely for double values Friday. I actually thought the Tuscany trip would be a lot more.
I definitely wouldn't have said that if I was you... now your blitz is completely tarnished.

Offline pathfinder20

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #10 on: October 23, 2009, 04:28:29 PM »
All I can is congrats to Hag and also what was in SC 2 that cause the price to be so low?!!

Offline TPIRSteven

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #11 on: October 23, 2009, 05:16:29 PM »
In honor of the MLB playoffs going on right now, I figured I'd do some baseball commentary.

[baseball]
Joe Buck:  Here we go, 2 outs in the bottom of the ninth inning with the bases loaded in a 3-2 game.
Tim McCarver:  Steven's at the plate, and he's been in the midst of a horrible slump since the beginning of the season.  In two appearances this week he is 0-2 with two strikeouts.
Joe Buck:  The 3-2 pitch...  Swing and a miss!  Struck him out and Steven loses once again!
Tim McCarver:  That curveball was nasty...
Joe Buck:  Steven has now struck out three times straight and is in the midst of an epic collapse after sparkling in the playoffs at the end of last season!
Tim McCarver:  This time I don't think it was all Steven's fault.  That pitch looked like one he could belt out of here for a grand slam home run, but suddenly the bottom dropped out and Steven swung right over the top of it.  I'd bet the vast majority of the league would have done the same thing.
Joe Buck:  Well, that's all for today.  Hag comes out with a big win today.  This copyrighted broadcast was presented by the authority of TPIRSteven and cannot be reproduced or retransmitted in any form, and the accounts and descriptions of the game cannot be disseminated without the express written consent of golden-road.net.
Tim McCarver:  This broadcast was brought to you by Bud Light, because Steven will definitely be needing a beer after this performance.
Joe Buck:  Good night, everybody.
[/baseball]

If only I had shaved $1,100 off of each of my bids...

:headbang: :headbang: :headbang:
« Last Edit: October 23, 2009, 05:20:24 PM by TPIRSteven »

Offline joeyboy

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #12 on: October 23, 2009, 05:19:12 PM »
Not that it really matters, but if I had played today, my bids would have been $25,135 for 1 and $28,500 for 2. Shows how well I would have done.

Congrats on the blitz Hag.

Ladies and gentlemen, I present to you...William Shatner.

Bully, that is sheer torture.  :biggrin:

Offline WhammyPower788

• Taking a Bonus Spin
  • I'm on a horse.
    • Game Show Videos
« Reply #13 on: October 23, 2009, 06:59:07 PM »
I think this says it all...

http://tvpmm.com/documents/229.html
Visit GameShowVideos.com for lots of game show clips!

Online tpirfan28

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #14 on: October 23, 2009, 07:05:47 PM »
Boy, Fridays are the special days this season, aren't they?  A QSW, now a Blitz.
They can be close at the top, too.
#42SP