Author Topic: Fall back this weekend  (Read 3555 times)

Offline joeyboy

• Double Showcase Winner
Re: Fall back this weekend
« Reply #15 on: October 27, 2009, 12:23:08 PM »
It's really nice to have an alarm clock that automatically resets itself at this time of year!  :-D

And of course, an extra hour of sleep is really nice as well.

Offline Kirsten Vaccaro

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Me On February 27, 2016
    • It's My Facebook Page.
« Reply #16 on: October 27, 2009, 12:34:01 PM »
I hate daylight saving time too.
A Big Rich Fields Drew Carey And Jeff Davis Fan For Ever From Kirsten

Rich Fields Thanks Kirsten. I pick out and supply all of my own clothing. That light gray suit is hard to pair with shirts and ties... but I think the lavender shirt and purple patterned tie pulled it all together.

My Favorite Announcers On The Price Is Right Are Johnny Olson Rod Roddy Rich Fields Jeff Davis.

I Met And Took Two Pictures With Jeff Davis On May 24, 2012 He Is So Nice And Kind In Person.

Rich Fields said this about Drew Carey will always be the first to defend Drew (Carey). He's one of the most genuine, down to earth people in Hollywood that I've ever met. He was the first to come to me and tell me that the show was going in a different direction. He assured me it was not his decision to let me go and I believe him. No one else was open and honest about it, but Drew was. We've continued working together on different projects and we stay in regular touch. We'll be good friends well into the future.

Offline katrinka_ohio

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #17 on: October 27, 2009, 06:28:18 PM »
Me, four. Keep the clock the same all year 'round.

When I was young, Ohio would change the time, but Michigan wouldn't, so I could watch two TV shows that I normally couldn't, because they were aired during the same hour.  That was many years ago and long before the advent of the VCR.
Go fellow Buckeye Drew!

Online Ccook

• Double Showcase Winner
  • 67 years of The Price Is Right
« Reply #18 on: October 27, 2009, 07:23:25 PM »
I hate daylight saving time too.
I hear Arizona's a nice place. They don't observe DST.
"No man is exempt from saying silly things; the mischief is to say them deliberately."
--Michel de Montaigne

Offline TPIRSteven

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #19 on: October 28, 2009, 12:54:21 AM »
The reason why Arizona doesn't observe DST is because they are at the western edge of the Mountain Time Zone, and so the sun already rises and sets late there.  Sometimes I wish other states on the western edges of their respective time zones would do the same, because they really don't need it.

Places on the eastern edge of their respective time zone do need daylight savings time, because otherwise the sun would rise at 4:30 AM in the summer, which is way too early.

Offline someguy23475

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #20 on: October 28, 2009, 07:16:23 AM »
Add me to the anti-DST group. Don't mess with nature. If the sun is supposed to rise at 5AM in the Summer, then so be it.

Offline jwatson2973

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #21 on: October 31, 2009, 01:14:40 AM »
I'm just as sick of DST as anyone else here.

Offline Punchboard91

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #22 on: October 31, 2009, 02:16:37 AM »
I enjoy it when I get the extra hour, but despise it when I lose the hour.  :P

Offline Todd

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #23 on: October 31, 2009, 12:13:40 PM »
I enjoy it when I get the extra hour, but despise it when I lose the hour.  :P

Same. Such a love/hate relationship. :lol:
Signatures are overrated.

Offline tadixon757

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #24 on: October 31, 2009, 05:35:13 PM »
Here's my take on DST: if it has to stay, I'd like to see it go back to starting on the first Sunday in April and ending on the last Sunday in October.
-- Thad Dixon

Offline hyhybt

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #25 on: October 31, 2009, 08:59:58 PM »
Given the choice, I'd stay on DST year-round; I don't mind it being dark later in the morning nearly so much as it getting dark in the afternoon. But since that wouldn't work for those further north: if we're going to bother switching to standard time, can't we at least do it *before* Halloween? It's just wrong to make kids trick-or-treat with the sun still up.

Offline UltraPrice

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #26 on: October 31, 2009, 10:14:22 PM »
I will definitely enjoy this.  I've been sick and I can use the extra hour of sleep.

Offline tadixon757

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #27 on: November 01, 2009, 05:52:57 PM »
if we're going to bother switching to standard time, can't we at least do it *before* Halloween? It's just wrong to make kids trick-or-treat with the sun still up.

Which is *exactly* why I think DST should never have been extended in the first place, and should go back to starting on the first Sunday in April and ending on the last Sunday in October, as I said in my last post in this thread. When I was in the 12-and-under crowd and Halloween rolled around, I *always* got to start my trick-or-treating with the sun down, and if I ever have kids of my own, I want them to be able to do likewise.
-- Thad Dixon

Offline wpghi5

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #28 on: November 01, 2009, 06:09:41 PM »
As much I hate it I did indeed set my clocks in my house back one hour before I went to bed.

Offline blackwood

• In Contestant's Row
  • "I have started so I will finish", Magus Magguson
    • Blackwood Company
« Reply #29 on: November 01, 2009, 06:27:34 PM »
kitch, me too. I hate this daylight savings time. I can't wait for spring.
Same for me.  At least most of us will get that hour of sleep that we have been missing.
Love and Heart