Author Topic: FULL RECAP - TPiR 10/29/2009  (Read 25567 times)

Offline goldroadfanatic

• 2/22/2024
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • One Dollar!
Re: FULL RECAP - TPiR 10/29/2009
« Reply #30 on: October 30, 2009, 07:55:43 AM »
Why reinvent the Clock Game price holders?  The rules for puny spins are fine the way they are.
"Cherish the past, accept the present, and anticipate the future.  They are listening to feedback wherever feasible, but they can't repeat the past."

Offline brtsimpson142

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #31 on: October 30, 2009, 09:36:06 AM »
Speaking of strange things, airing episodes drastically out of order can have unintended side effects.  For instance, they can cause Christmas showcases to air two days before Halloween.

Well, you know what they say Steve--Christmas comes earlier and earlier every year!  :-)
Bazinga!

Online tpirfan28

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #32 on: October 30, 2009, 09:42:48 AM »
The inflatable golf...um...thingy reminded me more of Super Ball!! than of Hole in One.
Super Hole in One or Two Ball!! ?  That would be the coolest game ever.
They can be close at the top, too.
#42SP

Online SteveGavazzi

• Loyal Friend and True &
  • Director
« Reply #33 on: October 30, 2009, 11:25:13 AM »
Why reinvent the Clock Game price holders?  The rules for puny spins are fine the way they are.

Absolutely.  One oddity every 32 years doesn't justify changing the rules.

Super Hole in One or Two Ball!! ?  That would be the coolest game ever.

Meh.  It'd have nothing on New Big Deluxe $50,000,000 Plinko Plus or Two.
"Every game is somebody's favorite." -- Wise words from Roger Dobkowitz.

Offline holein1isawesome

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #34 on: October 30, 2009, 11:38:16 AM »
I have a question. Is this the first time TPiR has offered a trip to a city other than Tokyo in Japan? I don't think they've ever offered a trip to Osaka.

Offline tpirfan165

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #35 on: October 30, 2009, 02:03:58 PM »
SCSD #1: Finally a 25k win on the wheel...and me finally getting to hear the Clangs w/ the whoops  :-D :-D  ( IIRC, i don't think there has been a win in Grandy or Baggy as of yet....i might be wrong though)
< loves it when Drew Carey attempts to make an inspiration putt, and when it misses the hole, he just does a little second putt with the ball to sink it

( as was in his 500th show) ROFL!!!

Offline CPOkilroy

• Outside in Line
« Reply #36 on: October 30, 2009, 02:26:46 PM »
ALL-DAY PETER, BABY!!!!!!! :-D

Not too sympathetic for Sandra playing A#; the middle prize always seems to end in either 5 or 0.  Besides, I'll bet those accessories will look fantastic on her! ;-)

The audience doesn't seem to boo puny spins as much anymore.  Meoshe deserved a double jeering for what she pulled! :-x

And although she may not be much of a golfer, Rachel couldn't have looked cuter modeling that golf thingy. :D

Offline offerta

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #37 on: June 14, 2010, 02:58:21 AM »
Today we'll see this episode?

Offline AntmanB

• In the Audience
« Reply #38 on: June 14, 2010, 05:27:22 AM »
Yep, today's episode is a rerun of this episode.

Offline compdude512

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #39 on: June 14, 2010, 12:00:57 PM »
The things you notice the second time you watch a show...

Did anyone else think Rich sounded pissed during the CNAOS plugs?  (You could tell those plugs were done in post.)  I don't know if that stood out to me in light of the current stream of events going on re: Rich, but it certainly sounded to me like someone did something to his Wheaties on the morning of the taping of this show.

Either way, it was an absolute treat to see old Most Expensive and old Any Number again on the same day!  The only thing that would have made that better is seeing old Temptation today, too.

Tyler
"We, in fact, like it when people criticize what we've done on the show because it means you're thinking about the show." -Jamie Hyneman, Mythbusters.

Online tpirfan28

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #40 on: June 14, 2010, 01:17:27 PM »
Did anyone else think Rich sounded pissed during the CNAOS plugs?  (You could tell those plugs were done in post.)  I don't know if that stood out to me in light of the current stream of events going on re: Rich, but it certainly sounded to me like someone did something to his Wheaties on the morning of the taping of this show.
You know what makes this that much more interesting?  These are the Promotional Consideration plugs (aka the summer plugs).

Since CBS.com probably won't have it, here's the audio of the plugs.  I don't remember if they edited in a new "here's Drew Carey with our showcase showdown" or not before, but CLEARLY the toss is the original.  Sound like either a) Rich didn't want to do it b) they did the plug that day Rich sounded awful or c) they shot him with a tranquilizer dart.

(Mods...move if you want.)
They can be close at the top, too.
#42SP

Offline PatrickRox80

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #41 on: June 14, 2010, 01:23:22 PM »
Rich definitely did not sound like himself when he made those plugs. He looked pissed and/or tired.

Online SteveGavazzi

• Loyal Friend and True &
  • Director
« Reply #42 on: June 14, 2010, 04:58:17 PM »
I can't tell if he really sounded pissed...but he sounded a million times less flaky than he usually does.
"Every game is somebody's favorite." -- Wise words from Roger Dobkowitz.

Offline GameShowKid

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #43 on: June 14, 2010, 06:12:50 PM »
Did anyone else think Rich sounded pissed during the CNAOS plugs?  (You could tell those plugs were done in post.)  I don't know if that stood out to me in light of the current stream of events going on re: Rich, but it certainly sounded to me like someone did something to his Wheaties on the morning of the taping of this show.

Either way, it was an absolute treat to see old Most Expensive and old Any Number again on the same day!  The only thing that would have made that better is seeing old Temptation today, too.

Gotta agree with you on both counts. Definite contrast between the plugs and the throw to Drew. And I like the old sets/props for ME and AN more than the new ones. (Although I recall that when they changed ME previously I didn't like it then.)

I also noticed that Drew seems to have lost a considerable amount of weight since this show was taped. Looks like we're going to see more of "Drew Then and Now", or at least a progression, this summer.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2010, 06:19:54 PM by GameShowKid »

Offline Factory Head Noland

• Walking the Golden Road
  • French fries.
« Reply #44 on: June 14, 2010, 06:19:36 PM »
About Peter: Now there's a job I'd hate even more than my own.
COUNTROUND
Only 2 Spots Left -- PM Me to Register!