Author Topic: The Price is Right Episode 1 - THE END  (Read 23702 times)

Offline Todd

• Double Showcase Winner
Re: The Price is Right Episode 1 - SCSD#2
« Reply #165 on: October 24, 2009, 11:02:39 AM »
11 and 11! Stop if I tie or better.
Signatures are overrated.

Offline priceguy

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #166 on: October 25, 2009, 01:41:18 AM »
And Todd's first spin is gonna be...
*wheel beeping*

90 cents!  Good spin!  You are the leader!

*ding*

Sjd93's first spin is coming up.
*wheel beeping*

45 cents.  Spin again.
*wheel beeping*

80 cents.  Not quite enough.  Thanks for playing Sjd!

Todd!!!!  You're gonna be in our showcase!  And all that showcase fun is coming up!

Offline priceguy

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #167 on: October 26, 2009, 02:20:39 AM »
Top winner in the showcase is Todd!  *cheers*  The runner-up is Flerbert419!  *cheers* 

Each of you are going to bid on a showcase of fantastic prizes.  The one of you who bids closer to the retail price of your showcase without going over will win it.  But if you are the winner and your bid is $250 or less away from the retail price, you'll win both showcases!  Todd since you've won the most, you can bid on this first showcase or pass it on to Flerbert.  And now for your consideration, here is showcase number one!

Rich: It's time for Extreme Room Makeover!!!  Let's begin with the living room.  Nobody wants a dumpy living room do they? 

Well let's try to fix this with a new furniture set!

This Modern Sofa Loveseat Chair/Ottoman Set will add a touch of elegance to your den!!  Next up is the dining room.  A person should never eat in a messy dining room.  It's just not sanitary! 

Time to make things right with stylish new dining room furniture!

This contemporary dining room set from Etro comes complete with a glass table and 4 chairs.  Finally we shall go to the bedroom.  The bedroom should be the nicest room in the house.  And if your bedroom looks like this....

*audience gasps*  You'll not gonna want to sleep in there.  So give your fortress of solitude the respect it deserves with a beautiful bedroom set!

(Picture no longer available)

It's Stanley Furniture's Provincia Grand Salon Bed 2 Piece Bedroom Set.  Sleep in pure comfort for nights on end!  And this showcase where we give your house an Extreme Room Makeover can be yours if the price is right!

Alright Todd.  Are you a biddin' or a passin'?  Sorry for lack of a bedroom set pic by the way.  I went on the net to get the picture earlier and it it no longer on the site  :-(

Offline Todd

• Double Showcase Winner
Re: The Price is Right Episode 1 - SHOWCASE
« Reply #168 on: October 26, 2009, 03:24:51 PM »
I'm a passin'!

Offline priceguy

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #169 on: October 26, 2009, 04:16:06 PM »
Flerbert, that is your showcase.  What's your bid?

Offline Flerbert419

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #170 on: October 26, 2009, 06:00:05 PM »
Oh jeez.  I'll try...$16,261.
"The most famous game on The Price is Right is Plinko..." "Which I don't get, honestly."
~ Drew Carey to Chris Wallace, aired January 26, 2024

Offline priceguy

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #171 on: October 27, 2009, 03:12:43 AM »
Flerbert bids $16,261.  *ding*

Todd here is your showcase.  Take it away Rich!

Rich:  Many people have told me, "Hey Rich, you should run for president."  Now I don't plan to run anytime in the future, but nonetheless, this showcase will feature what I'd do if I won the presidency.

My fellow Americans, the economy is in trouble and we the people need an economic stimulus package.  How about I give everyone $5000 in cash!

Ladies and gentlemen, I believe that the children are our future and their education is very important.  And in order to broaden their knowledge, I will give every child an electronic reading device!

The latest generation of the Kindle DX has a 9.7 inch screen and can hold up to 3500 books!  Included is a 3G wireless connection which allows you to download your favorite books in less that a minute!  And finally, if I'm elected, I have 3 words for you........
VICE.....PRESIDENT......OPRAH!!!
*crowd cheers*

Now Oprah loves to give the people what they want.  And I bet she would love to give you....A NEW HYBRID CAAAAAAAAARR!!!

It's the 2010 Toyota Prius.  Drive in style and save the environment in the standout car of the hybrid revolution.  Features include an XM Satellite Radio receiver and it gets an unprecedented 50 miles to the gallon!

And this showcase, where I would likely never be re-elected because of my enormous spending habits, can be yours if the price is right!  God bless Americaaaaa!!!!

Thanks Rich!  What a showcase!  Cash, Kindle, and Car.  Todd, what's your bid?

Offline Todd

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #172 on: October 28, 2009, 03:26:00 PM »
Wow!! Oh boy, umm... $25,001!

Offline priceguy

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #173 on: October 28, 2009, 04:03:34 PM »
$25,001!  I'll be back with the results right after I get back from work.  Stay tuned!

« Last Edit: October 28, 2009, 04:05:15 PM by priceguy »

Offline Teddy

• Double Showcase Winner
  • One of the great multitaskers on G-R.net!
« Reply #174 on: October 28, 2009, 05:08:48 PM »
LMAO at the Oprah thing...Sounds like a Drewcase to me!

Offline priceguy

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #175 on: October 29, 2009, 12:27:14 AM »
Welcome back everybody!  We've had some great showcases today.  Let's see if we can give one or even both of them away!  Todd, you bid $25,001 on your showcase.  Todd, the actual retail price of your showcase is....$27,489, which is a difference of $2,488.  Good bid.

Flerbert, to win you must have bid closer than Todd.  You bid $16261, and the actual retail price of your showcase is $17636!  A difference of $1,375!

Flerbert419 wins the showcase!  *dings*  Congrats to you Flerbert!  And thank-you Todd for being a part of the show  :-) .  Flerbert has won $21,850 in prizes today.  It's been a good day for Flerbert!!

Folks, that our show for the today.  I want to thank-you so much for being a part of it.  And remember, help control the pet population.  Have your pet spayed or neutered.  I'm Dakota Bouvette and I'll be seeing you.  Goodbye everybody!

Rich: This is Rich Fields speaking for "The Price is Right", A Dakota Bouvette Production in association with Mark Goodson and Fremantle Media Productions.

Show stats coming soon.  Comments are welcome!

Offline Flerbert419

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #176 on: October 29, 2009, 01:21:21 AM »
I'm glad to have won, but the way the showcases are heading I'm surprised that wasn't over $30k.
"The most famous game on The Price is Right is Plinko..." "Which I don't get, honestly."
~ Drew Carey to Chris Wallace, aired January 26, 2024

Offline Todd

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #177 on: October 29, 2009, 03:32:30 PM »
That's the last time I take $2,000 off my bid at the last minute. :P

Congrats, Flerb!

Offline priceguy

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #178 on: October 29, 2009, 04:48:19 PM »
Alright here are some post-game stats.

Contestant Winnings

pathfinder20 - $48,384 (3 Strikes technical win)
Flerbert419 - $21,850 (Showcase winner)
sjd93 - $8,308
Todd - $7,476
prizes22 - $2,341
wpghi5 - $1,245
gsn93 - Balloon
Kitch - Balloon
88JRFAN - Balloon

Total Show Winnings
$89,604

Quite an eventful show I would say.  We had two perfect bids from sjd93 and pathfinder20.  And we had our first technical win in 3 Strikes due to my sheer thick-headedness.  Four out six games were won (if you call Plinko a loss) and I think overall we had a lot of fun.  I hope to have another show together in the coming months.  Thanks for playing everybody, and feel free to leave and questions or comments!