Author Topic: FULL RECAP - TPiR 10/10/2006  (Read 15280 times)

Offline Joe_Capitano

• Double Showcase Winner
FULL RECAP - TPiR 10/10/2006
« on: October 10, 2006, 01:29:21 PM »
Production #3712K - Taped July 17, 2006 (Late)

Bob: stage entrance
First Four lineup: left to right
Handoff: Shane

Models of the Day: Gwendolyn Osbourne, Brandi Sherwood and Shane Stirling
Wearing: WWW

1   Dynastar His/Hers Skiing/Snowboarding Equipment (B)
MICHAEL S. *1800JACQUIS 950KERI 1051MICHAEL C. 1($2835)

Michael S., a laid-back Beach Bum, plays 1 WRONG PRICE

(Namco) Galaga/Ms Pac Man Arcade Game (S)$4150$2995   WIN!
Largo Jaclyn Smith Dining Group (G)1495
Inspire M2 Home Gym (B)2199

2   Shindaiwa EB8510 Garden Blower/Trimmer (G)
LORI 650+Jacquis *725Terry 475Michael C. 660($970)

Jacquis plays 5 PRICETAGS for a Dodge Ram 1500 (Std., AT, V8, Cruise, Bench)(S)

$20,977Opera Glasses$120FALSE$120
(1)$23,929NO(Encali) Digital Food Scale13FALSE25*
$22,570Dell DJ Diddy MP3 Player120TRUE99
$21,635Flavia Fusion Drink Station200FALSE200
$24,105LOSS

3   O.W. Lee Old World Baker's Rack (B)
Lori 889DEBRA 750+Karri *1050Michael C. 800($1988)

Karri from Chicago, IL plays BONKERS for a Little Guy Five Wide Teardrop Camper (S)($5195)

7 8 5 3Time
1.H L H H:22
2.H H L H:16
3.L L H H:10WIN!

SHOWDOWN #1
$995Jacquis45 + 30.75Through to Showcase Round
7,183Karri60 + 95OV
9,524Michael S.30 + 75OV

4   CalPak Rembrandt/Tacoma 6 pc Luggage Set (All)
Lori *700Debra 851SHIRLEY 650+Michael C. 850($793)

Lori plays GRAND GAME (Target: $3.50) for gobs of greenbacks...

(5) (Uncle Ben's) Instant Brown Rice$1.99$10
(6) Windex Multitask Cleaner3.00100
(1) Hot Pockets (2 pk)2.491000Goes on...
(3) (Udderly Smooth) Foot Cream.9710000WIN!
(2) (Tresemme) Shampoo(Not Revealed)
(4) (Viactiv) Calcium Chews (60)(Not Revealed)

5   Noritake Colorwave Stoneware/Glassware (S)
LARRY 750Debra 600Shirley *799+Michael C. 625($1353)

Shirley from Louisiana plays ANY NUMBER

Picks: 2 7 1 0 5 3 9 6
Ford Escape XLS (Std., Conv.)(B)$2 0 , 1 -- 5($10,145)
Pawley's Island Quilted Hammock (G)$-- 3 9($839)
That Damned Piggy Bank$7.6 2LOSS

We had two Michaels at the beginning of today's epic. The second of them, Michael C., is still standing in the row. Now he must plot his escape or be banished to the "First Four" Breakfast Club...

6   Porta-Bote 12' Folding Boat (G)
Larry 1400Debra *1401CORI 1500+Michael C. 1700($1495)

Michael C. heads off to the clubhouse while Debra, also from Chicagoland, plays PUSHOVER for a Dell 42" Plasma HDTV and an Encore Normandy Park Entertainment Center (B&S)

Setup:1 2 7 4 9 4 2 1 6
Pick:1 2 7[4 9 4 2]
Price:$7494   LOSS

SHOWDOWN #2
$1,361Shirley55 stay.55
1,495Debra70 stay.70Through to Showcase Round
10,793Lori50 + 75OV

SHOWCASE ROUND
Debra has the honor.

SC1-JacquisENTERTAINMENT TODAY
Westley Allen Medford Queen Size Brass Bed
Tempurpedic Sleep Set (G)
Honda CRF150 Offroad Motorcycle (S)
Costa 7n Eastern Mediterranean Cruise (via Venice)(B)
BID$18,575
PRICE16,012
DIFFOVER
SC2-DebraTHE FIRST BANK OF PRICE
BBQs Galore Turbo Gas Grill (S)
2 Samick Electric Guitars (G)
Yamaha RS90 Vector GT Snowmobile (B)
BID$10,000
PRICE11,836
DIFF- 1,836
TOTAL$13,331

Today's Pricing Games: 3 for 6
Total Winnings: $43,187

Offline heelsrule1988

• Double Showcase Winner
    • My Deal or No Deal recaps
Re: FULL RECAP - TPiR 10/10/2006
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2006, 01:42:53 PM »
Five Price Tags- Those were the most evil SPs ever. Who would've thought we'd see a $200 SP?

Bonkers- Nicely done. As long as you move quick and don't look at the audience, you should win this game.

Showcase- Whoa! That's got to be the lowest ARP in several years.

BEST CONTESTANT OF THE DAY- Jacquis.

SHOW SUMMARY AND GRADE- Today's show was pretty enjoyable. Definitely better than average... Grade: 3

Offline rob79

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2006, 01:43:06 PM »
Well, pretty good show today, had some good games good contestants. As for Greco, good start, bad finish. On with the games:

1WP: This was pretty obvious don't you think?

5PT: Yay!!!! Those glasses were pretty funny looking. They sure didn't look like they were $120 to me. I felt bad for Jacquis because he was pretty fun.

PrePG#3-Watch out Bob!!!

Bonkers: Great playing By Karri.

Grand Game: Hey, not that i'm complaining because its my fave, but where'd it come from? I thought Baggy was more due than Grandy. Anyways, Lori played this very well, she got the tough choice out of the way with her 2nd pick and actually left herself with an easy choice for the final pick. Isn't often in this game you see that.

Any Number: Aw man, I thought we was gonna have a great come from behind win here. Too bad.

Pushover: Again?? Why not play Flippy? Or how about Squeezy?

Showcases: Aw man, Jacquis just didn't have any luck at all today. That 2nd showcase was cheap, BUT Debra did have a great bid.

Offline GoldenBulldog

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Creative Writer, Loyal Friend and True
    • My Faceook Page
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2006, 01:52:14 PM »
Judging by the fact that Push-Over was played yet again, I have this gut feeling that Flip-Flop is going to see the decrease in play this year--and it's all thanks to Breton!
I just wanted to drop you a note and thank you for your love, affection and loyalty to me, drew, the models and.... The Price is Right....thank you for being such a "Loyal Friend & True". -Rich Fields (in an e-mail sent to me on 3/17/2010)

I support The Price is Right...even if nobody I know likes Drew Carey.

Offline BRB_TheFireball

• Double Showcase Winner
  • A Man Without A Forum
    • The Fireball on Golden-Road.net
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2006, 02:02:38 PM »
PG #1:  Easy win for two reasons.  One, the arcade game was obviously overpriced, and two, most of the arcade games offered on TPIR have a price that ends in 95.

PG #2:  Opera glasses?!  When the first prize offered is a pair of opera glasses, this game was clearly headed for disaster.  Can't stop the Dob!

PG #3:  One of the best Bonky players we've seen in a while.  Karri not only moved fast, but she didn't look into the audience a single time.

PG #4:  It's not unusual to see Grand Game in the 5th slot, but 4th?!  CSTD #2!  You'd think that the inclusion of the infamous 97-cent foot cream would be CSTD #3, but Lori picked it and pulled off a nice Dobstopping win.

PG #6:  And it's Pushy for the fourth week in a row!  When was the last time Pushy was played in four consecutive weeks?  I never would've guessed that Pushover would actually be played more times than Double Prices.  CSTD #3!

Showcases:  CSTD #4 and #5, right?  Well... yes and no.  "Yes" because this is the cheapest showcase total we've seen in a long time.  Two showcases that killed almost everybody in CSS today.  Almost everybody.  And "no" because... well, just check out the CSS thread for today and you'll see why I say that.   :-D   :-D   :-D

My showcase bids:  See CSS thread.   :-D   :-D   :-D
Well, this week was supposed to be a return to normalcy, but that's clearly not allowed.  Since you feel there is no need for this week's FPG to continue, I feel there is no need to continue as an FPG host or a G-R.net member.  Since most people are so desperate to push me out of here, why delay it?  I would have preferred that everybody publicly admitted it rather than string me along for the last two days, but it is what it is.  I am hereby resigning as FPG host and moderator, effective immediately.  whammy007 is the new permanent host.  No R-rated rant or airing of grievances from me.  Just a polite "goodbye for good".

--Fireball to Chelsea, 1/15/16

Offline Mallory16

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Icon by Gemma Moody
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2006, 02:19:31 PM »
Pretty darn good show.  Some great contestants!  Some great games!  Though kinda' oddly, Five Price Tags did little for me today.  A lot else made up for it, anyway.

Karri was a great contestant!  She was semi-dangerous.  Or would've been dangerous had she not been fairly small.  And she put that energy to good use in Bonkers, playing quickly.  Or running quickly, at least, since she seemed to get a bit confused while playing the game.  But on the other hand, she was obviously trying her hardest to go fast, and she wasn't looking into the audience, so I'm really happy she won!

Lori was another great contestant, also very excited.  She probably could've hurt Bob, except she wasn't nearly as attack-like as Karri, though she still bounced around the stage nicely, particularly right after winning Grand Game.  Glad she won too!

And I've gotta' support my fellow Katty victim Shirley, now!  Really, that's reason enough for me to support her, but she was a fun contestant as well, obviously excited.  Too bad she didn't win much.  Might've helped if she hadn't picked the 7... I have no idea where that came from, really.

And I wonder why Roger so desperately tried to get a double overbid.  I mean, I understand that Golden Road and Triple Play had just been won in the previous couple of weeks... but then, why was Roger so insistent on making sure someone win a $40,000 showcase yesterday?  CUHTDMW... Can't Understand How The Dob's Mind Works .

heelsrule1988 wrote:  Five Price Tags- Those were the most evil SPs ever. Who would've thought we'd see a $200 SP?

Me.  $200+ small prizes used to be a lot more common in some games, particularly this one, Bonus Game, and Shell Game.

heelsrule1988 wrote:  BEST CONTESTANT OF THE DAY- Jacquis.

I think you're starting to pick these names out of a hat now, heels.  I could easily think of three people who might've deserved this award today, and Jacquis was not one of them.

rob79 wrote:  Grand Game: Hey, not that i'm complaining because its my fave, but where'd it come from? I thought Baggy was more due than Grandy.

Yes, but Grand Game tends to be played more than It's in the Bag to begin with.

GoldenBulldog wrote:  Judging by the fact that Push-Over was played yet again, I have this gut feeling that Flip-Flop is going to see the decrease in play this year--and it's all thanks to Breton!

That's ridiculous.  They've been playing it regularly for over a year since that incident, and nothing like that has happened since.  If they were going to do something about that, they'd have done so by now.  Flip Flop is probably just on a mini-retirement.  A lot of pricing games do that.

BRB_TheFireball wrote:  PG #4: It's not unusual to see Grand Game in the 5th slot, but 4th?! CSTD #2!

Actually, Grand Game fifth is much, much rarer than Grand Game fourth.

Offline tartpop

• Outside in Line
« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2006, 02:26:32 PM »
I think my favorite moment today was when Debra won the showdown. Right before the commercial, she let out a "uuuuugnh" right into the mic. I guess she was excited?

Also, Bob looked sharp today w/ the pinstripe/ silver/blue tie combo.

I wish Cori would have made it to the stage!

AND: Today was the first Bonkers win I had seen in a LONG time, but I have missed a few shows here and there...

Offline Mallory16

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Icon by Gemma Moody
« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2006, 02:30:17 PM »
tartpop, smash me with a mallet.  I can't believe I forgot to mention Cori in my post.  Yes, she did seem like she'd have also been a lot of fun, our little "young" friend there !

Ah well... not the first time a potentially great ninth contestant was called ninth, and won't be the last time either.  Just darn, I guess.

Offline MichaelC

• In the Audience
« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2006, 03:06:05 PM »
Wow! What a fun, energetic and potentially dangerous group of contestants today!

1WP: Great win! I actually had the videogame picked myself.

5PTG: Tough loss. I always do bad with this game too. The True or False choices with the SPs always throw me. I prefer the higher or lower choices myself. I was thinking $22K for the truck. I had no idea the highest choice would be it.

Bonkers: Fun contestant. Chomping at the bit before they could open the starting gate. I had this game won off the bat as well. I am finally getting the hang of Bonkers.

IUFB #4 All 3 models for an IUFB? Awesome!

Grand Game: 2 awesome playings of this game in a row. Also a low target price. I was torn briefly between the shampoo and the Windex. I was thinking at first stay away from the shampoo, but then I thought maybe the Windex might be $3.79 or so.

Showcases: Loved the Entertainment Today showcase!

Overall a really fun show today!

Offline heelsrule1988

• Double Showcase Winner
    • My Deal or No Deal recaps
« Reply #9 on: October 10, 2006, 03:20:51 PM »

Frank15 wrote:
I think you're starting to pick these names out of a hat now, heels.  I could easily think of three people who might've deserved this award today, and Jacquis was not one of them.

Well, there's another thing we don't agree on. ;-)

Offline goldroadfanatic

• 2/22/2024
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • One Dollar!
« Reply #10 on: October 10, 2006, 03:23:26 PM »
One Wrong Price-It was obvious that the video game was needed to be picked.  I know that particular one does not come close to $4,000 in price.

Five Price Tags-I knew those opera glasses would be tricky.  The $200 SP I saw on a playing last season and I knew it was true.

Bonkers-Well done, don't look at the audience and you win!  Lori was a great contestant, BTW.

Grand Game-I never expected this game to be fourth.  Anyway, I knew that foot cream would be less than $3.50 because I saw it last season and memorized the price.

Any Number-That was painful, I was not counting on a 4 showing up in the price of the car.

Push Over-I was thinking the TV/Cabinet was $7,494 and I would have won.  Still wondering where Flip Flop is...

Showcases-The Entertainment Today showcase was hilarious, I think.  I would have bid $19,600 and went over because I would have overestimated the price of the Mediterranean Cruise.  The TPIR Bank showcase makes its first appearance this season and by estimating the prices, I knew it would retail less than $12,000.

Overall, a good show with fun contestants.
"Cherish the past, accept the present, and anticipate the future.  They are listening to feedback wherever feasible, but they can't repeat the past."

Offline SteveGavazzi

• Loyal Friend and True &
  • Director
« Reply #11 on: October 10, 2006, 03:29:43 PM »
Five Price Tags was hard today even if you knew that the answers are "true" more often than "false."  It was still depressing to see Jacquis waste his one choice on a price that was definitely wrong, though.

I'm kind of impressed that Bonkers was won, seeing as it was harder than usual -- there was actually a realistic chance that the first number was higher than 7.

I think even a casual viewer could have figured out that the end of Bonkers was edited.  I'm glad they got the price reveal in somehow, but still, what they did was glaringly obvious.

Grand Game was great.  It was nice to see someone actually get the hard choice (the Windex vs. the shampoo) out of the way early.

It's too bad Shirley didn't win Any Number...she had quite a comeback going for a while.

I thought both showcases today were quite good.  "Entertainment Today" was written very well, and it's always nice to see "The First Bank of Price."

I can't believe the second showcase was actually won.  Tom did some hunting around Scorpz's site after the show...turns out that was the least expensive showcase since October 22, 2001.
"Every game is somebody's favorite." -- Wise words from Roger Dobkowitz.

• In the Audience
« Reply #12 on: October 10, 2006, 04:24:40 PM »
Two car games--one SP and other the 1st game ever played in history--without a car winner for today? Damn!

Everything was a bit quick. Maybe because of two car games for today, they wanted Bonkers, One Wrong Price, and Push Over played. But it's quicker than I expected because Grand Game was played as quick as possible (if I'm correct).

Price set-ups today for One Wrong Price, Grand Game, and Push Over were seemingly obvious to win, but that's because I made some research of some products from previous recaps. However, Push Over was loss because many thought the TV cabinet was $49xx rather than a reasonable $749x.

As for Showcases, it's nice to see "The First Bank of Price" for today. And I don't want to talk about "ET" showcase. Ahh... budget mode!

Like everyone said, Flip-Flop is on mini-retirement (I hope :roll: ). Maybe it's because it's 50% or more won in its annual total playings, or maybe because they're rebuilding its props without buttons (remember that incident?). But I'll cannot figure out its schedule.

Offline PriceFanArmadillo

• -This space for rent-
« Reply #13 on: October 10, 2006, 05:20:46 PM »

hollowmale wrote:
Two car games--one SP and other the 1st game ever played in history--without a car winner for today? Damn!

Not "just one SP car game"...the first SP/Car game...AND the second-oldest car game still in the rotation.  Just thought I'd throw that out there.

Another thought...when was the last time a Showcase winner won less than $13,331 overall?
Armadillo is exactly right - ClockGameJohn
---------------------------------------
The Here Moderates This Here Site Here Guy

Offline SouthSide86

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #14 on: October 10, 2006, 06:22:04 PM »
[color=CC0000]One Wrong Price:[/color][/b] i thought the home gym was wrong but who cares he won any way

[color=0000FF]Five Price Tags:[/color][/b] Hard! I thought the Truck is like expensive.

[color=000099]Bonkers:[/color][/b] I know peole from my hometown went BONKERS when Karri won this game.

[color=009900]Grand Game:[/color][/b] Yay! 2nd $10,000 win of the season. That windex look more than $3.50.

[color=CC0000]Any Number:[/color][/b] Oh! That Escape was Tricky! no one ever guess the 4th number being a 4 and she won only the piggy bank.

[color=FF3300]Push Over:[/color][/b] Another person from da chi of course. But that entertainment center does not look dat expensive.

Showcases: CHEAP! I MEAN CHEAP!

How long ago was a showcase was under $12,000?

Overall: Exciting $10,000 win and the show is great!