Author Topic: FULL RECAP - TPiR 10/10/2006  (Read 15276 times)

Offline thewhammy_2000

• Double Showcase Winner
    • The FunDMental Game Show Site
Re: FULL RECAP - TPiR 10/10/2006
« Reply #15 on: October 10, 2006, 06:41:09 PM »
One Wrong Price: I get this inclination that video arcade cabinetes like that cost between $2000-$3000. That made me assume that price was wrong. It worked.

Five Price Tags: Sorry, Jacquis. I would've gotten all four tries today. I'm still wondering if I would've picked the 20 or 24 for the last choice after using up the other ones....

Bonkers: I think Karri would store that trailer in a garage if she lives in the city. I would.

Grand Game: As soon as Lori picked the glass cleaner, I had a feeling she would win this one. It really just came down to the foot cream because I knew the others were over.

Any Number: I never even thought about 6 in the end; I now know I wouldn't win the Piggy Bank, but I would win a Biggy (If you've seen that episode of Treasure Hunt (piggy and biggy), you know what I'm talking about.)

One Bid 6: I usually like to focus on the potentially Banished. Once again, I focused more on somebody else (Debra) than the victim (Michael). Gotta support the home team--if they really are from the city of Chicago.

Push Over: Thinking back to an episode of a show that aired last week, it was mentioned that a plasma TV was bought for $4,000. With that in mind, 4942 or 4216 wouldn't be enough to cover the TV and that entertainment center. Therefore, it's gotta be 7494.

Showcases: So lowball. Debra's Showcase was even lower than the Showcase that was over by $1. Good idea to just do 10000 and not go over.
My somewhat popular YouTube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/thewhammy83 for Price, PYL, and other game shows.

Offline noahproblem

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #16 on: October 10, 2006, 06:47:59 PM »
SouthSide86 wrote:

How long ago was a showcase was under $12,000?

About 2 years ago there was an $11,999 Showcase with a $1 overbid (and I'm still shocked at that one...)
So this is the "get off of my lawn" stage of my life.  I'm not impressed.

Offline Joe_Mello

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #17 on: October 10, 2006, 06:51:10 PM »
How long ago was a showcase was under $12,000?

Season 33?  Twice?

The first piece of music from the Entertainment Today showcase was a generic thing that you'd almost have to have heard before in various commercials.  I know I have.

I would've won only two price tags based on LFAT-ness.  The third was based on thinking "Hey, that's a prize package.  I bet it's a round number because of it."

Debra probably deserved to win a Showcase today, because  she actually made a bid on what she saw.  The rest of us habitually chucked on extra thousands because "That's the way things are."

Yay for palindrome totals.

Offline whinbaby

• Double Showcase Winner
  • No whining!
« Reply #18 on: October 10, 2006, 08:47:30 PM »
Show #6428

Shindaiwa EB8510 Garden Blower/Trimmer
I know you've seen them in a May 5, 2006 showcase with a trip and a ski boat.  Ready for another trip price?
(#3605K, aired May 5, 2006)  Trip to Hilo (6n @ Naniloa)

I found out that the trip's price in that show was $3,642.

Showcase #1
Wesley Allen Medford Brass Bed, which last appeared on May 25, 2005, and Tempurpedic - $3,185
Honda CRF150 - $3,174
Costa Cruise of the Mediterranean - $9,653

El-Cheapo Showcase
Barbecues Galore Turbo Classic 3-burner Gas Grill - $649
2 Samick Electric Guitars - $1,999
Yamaha RS90 Vector GT - $9,188

Modeling Report Card for October 10, 2006

Gwennie's modeling total today is far less than yesterday's, and it is below showcase #2's price.  Almost $87,000 less!  Brandi has also managed to just more than double her total from yesterday.  She has $54,295.  And this is Shane's second consecutive show this season where she modeled less than $50,000.

This show is a wonderful 26-prize package worth $112,111!

Offline jhc2010

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #19 on: October 10, 2006, 08:52:03 PM »
Pricing Game Length:
The time of the game begins at the moment a prize is revealed for the game, or the game itself is shown.

One Wrong Price -- 1:46
Five Price Tags -- 3:26
Bonkers -- 2:07
Grand Game -- 3:06
Any Number -- 2:44
Push Over -- 1:39

Offline sternal

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #20 on: October 10, 2006, 09:41:32 PM »
One Wrong Price- When Micheal choose the video game acrade i had a feeling that he had won.

Five price tags-Jacquis played five price tags very badly. The moment that Jacquis choose $23,929 i had a felling he had loss.

Bonkers-karri played that very well.

Grand Game-The moment that Lori chosen the foot cream i wasn't sure she was right there. I'm glad that lori was right.

Any number-Ouch the moment that shriley pick the number six I had a feeling she had loss.

pushover- When Debra stop at $4942 dollars  I had a feeling that she had loss.

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #21 on: October 10, 2006, 10:14:23 PM »
And we're in BUDGET MODE!!!

Good grief, when was the last time you saw a showcase that darn cheap???

Offline edmojautis

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #22 on: October 10, 2006, 10:40:33 PM »
The arcade game was a good choice and a good win.

5PT was not played any well.

Karri gets the picture!!! :-D

Lori deserves $10K and it was deserved to be won.

I would've thought 9 was the fourth number. :roll:

$7494 Plasma TV?!! Who knew?

"1st Bank of Price" is back!!

I wish they used the models to pose as the fake celebrities in that ET spoof.

From two big-money packages to two showcases that spell   C-H-E-A-P.

Enjoyed the show.

• In the Audience
« Reply #23 on: October 10, 2006, 10:43:42 PM »
edmojautis wrote:
$7494 Plasma TV?!! Who knew?

Uhh... go to the first page and realize that Pushover was played not only for the TV, but as well as the entertainment center

Offline Vexorg

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #24 on: October 10, 2006, 11:44:39 PM »
My DVR seems to have conked out about halfway through PG #4, so I didn't get all of today's show.  A couple notes:  

One Wrong Price:  Pretty obvious.  As ridiculous as the MSRP on arcade games gets, that's still way too much for one of those.  (maybe not for a pinball machine though.)

5 Price Tags:  It's interesting to note that in the time between the taping of this episode (Mid July) and the time it was aired, the Dell DJ Ditty was officially discontinued.  

Bonkers:  She lucked into that one.

Offline Jordanar18

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Currently, I live in the past.
« Reply #25 on: October 10, 2006, 11:46:59 PM »
Very fun show today.  Great contestants and a pretty good lineup (both for the most part).

The SP portion in Tags was extremely tough today.  The opera glasses were just plain evil, and the MP3 player and the drink-station-thingy were very deceptive also.  I can understand why he lost.

PG #3: GEM TRAILER!!! :-D  I didn't like Karri's method of playing Bonkers, given that she changed more than one disk each time, but it worked! :-)

Shirley is the heaviest-looking contestant I have ever seen.

I have not viewed the CSS results from today yet, but I would not be surprised one bit if everyone went over. :-P

SouthSide86 wrote:
Bonkers: I know peole from my hometown went BONKERS when Karri won this game.

Could you explain why?

Offline Garvin8r

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #26 on: October 11, 2006, 12:27:11 AM »
SouthSide is from Chicago, in case no one noticed.  It's a reference to the part of the city in which the White Sox have played since their inception in 1901.  At least that was my first inclination when I saw the username the first time -- however long ago that was...

Fairly average show today; what was up with those showcases though?!?  Have we returned to 1995?  Someone needs to look up the last time the combined showcases were less than this.  I have a feeling it's been awhile.

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #27 on: October 11, 2006, 12:31:58 AM »
One Wrong Price: Very easy, but I had a feeling the arcade expensive was even more expensive.

Five Price Tags: For the first time this season, this pops up, and for a pretty nice truck too. It was your typcial playing. Too bad he didn't win, but at least he got the idea of the truck.

Bonkers: Nice win.

Grand Game: It was so great to see Lori win $10,000!

Any Numbers: Too bad. She almost won on a fairly evil price.

Pushover: Well, at least it wasn't at the end like the producers tend to do a lot.

Showcases: Debra was extremely smart about the second showcase being cheap, and it pays off! She foiled a potential Double Overbid! It's not surprising both showcases were cheap today, given what happened yesterday.

Overall: Good show today.

Offline shellgame69

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #28 on: October 11, 2006, 09:50:33 AM »
One Wrong Price: I had a feeling Micheal C. Won once he picked the Arcade.

5 Price Tags: I too would never had gotten more than 1 shot at the car.  I never would have guessed the coffee machine was $200.

Bonkers: Nice win, though she moved a bit too slowly.

Grand Game: I had a feeling lori won the minute she picked the foot cream.

Any Number: I had a feeling Shirley lost once she picked 6 as the last digit.  I was thinkiong the 4 was in the car, and I was right.

Showcases: Only $11,000 on the snowmobile one?!?!  Are we sure it's 1994 again?  I would have went with $15,000.

Overall; A fun show today.