Author Topic: FULL RECAP - TPiR 11/17/2009  (Read 31006 times)

Offline thewhammy_2000

• Double Showcase Winner
    • The FunDMental Game Show Site
Re: FULL RECAP - TPiR 11/17/2009
« Reply #30 on: November 18, 2009, 08:37:20 PM »
One Bid 1: Ah, the mistaken-win blooper...

Grand Game: That is some expensive butter!

Balance Game: For a moment, I thought 9090 would be too heavy. I was wrong.

Cover Up: Joe C. got my thoughts and words exactly on the button.

Double Prices: Oh, I don't need another fix of this game. I picked $5293 as well.

Pocket ¢hange: Aough! That one missed chance...

One Bid 6: Aough! I wanted Amanda to bid 1691....

1 Right Price: I think I dislike the monitor in the middle displaying the game now... Anyways, an easy pick.

Showcases: Buzz Aldrin? For a moment, I thought Price was doing that "desperate to get ratings up by having celebrities of any kind on the show". Maybe they were. I think that Showcase was okay. And I kinda think Buzz can be a ringer for Bob in a way. (I as also monitoring the amount of trips on this episode.)
My somewhat popular YouTube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/thewhammy83 for Price, PYL, and other game shows.

Offline Season36Fan

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #31 on: November 19, 2009, 12:44:47 AM »
So is suggesting that there was no better way to handle the situation than shouting "Windsor!" 13 times.

There are plenty of worse ways to handle it...

1.  Allow the wrong contestant to play the game.
2.  Play insult comic and make the confused person on stage feel even more like an idiot.
3.  Call for a stop-tape.

Let's all take a deep breath.
Wise words.

Offline mrbrown2195

• 11/6/2013
  • TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #32 on: November 19, 2009, 01:22:04 AM »
Showcases: Buzz Aldrin? For a moment, I thought Price was doing that "desperate to get ratings up by having celebrities of any kind on the show". Maybe they were.

No, desperate would be inviting Jack Wagner on... twice... oh wait.

Seriously, though, they didn't even advertise it. Drew didn't mention a special guest in the showcases during the entire show. If it was a ratings ploy, said guest would be plugged over and over and over again, throughout the show, and we might see some advertising prior to the show's airdate.

There was not even an article about Mr. Aldrin's appearance on the show.
"Ignoring others is imperative to my Golden Road experience." -me
"I measure trunk sizes by the 'dead hooker standard'." -me
I'm a gif.

Offline Kev347

• Double Showcase Winner
  • I love it when people get lit up.
« Reply #33 on: November 19, 2009, 08:39:30 PM »
So here we have cold, hard evidence that we get short lineups on now when we have special guests. Woohoo. And I really hate to say it, I love Buzz Aldrin but I agree with Steve and the few posters after him - that was really an awkward showcase to watch. Because he read so slowly, it was also really unnecessarily long too - the entire showcase lasted 5 minutes! For one showcase. Today when every second counts, that is way way too long. That being said, loved his prize package, and the prize package in showcase 1 was nothing to sneeze at either - that was one nice, expensive bedroom! Also, Steve, I have a theory (that may or may not be correct) about the switched episode dates and the fact that Balance Game and Pocket Change were played twice in the same week: Really, the only explanation is that they had so many special guests in one week that they needed to play some of the same short games twice, and therefore needed to shuffle the lineup around for solely that reason. Or maybe they did us to spare our sanity of having the awful Dollyrots on Monday, Buzz on Tuesday and Verizon on Thursday. Either way, the fact that they're shuffling airdates around solely for special guests now with no logical reason kinda worries me.

Pocket Change was just depressing. Every once in a while, a contestant plain gets ROBBED in that game, and today was one of those days.

Timings:
Grand Game (5) - 3:55
Balance Game (4)- 3:43
Cover Up (5) - 4:39
Double Prices (3) - 2:28
Pocket Change (5) - 5:29
One Right Price (3.5)- 2:51
Total (25.5 - ugh): 23:05 (ugh)

Offline offerta

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #34 on: July 23, 2010, 04:32:37 PM »
You can watch this episode on priceisright.com

my best moments are a contest into the balance  :-D and video price tag! :biggrin: