Author Topic: FULL RECAP - TPiR 05/15/2006  (Read 16700 times)

Offline Joe_Capitano

• Double Showcase Winner
FULL RECAP - TPiR 05/15/2006
« on: May 15, 2006, 01:20:39 PM »

Production #3621K - Taped May 2, 2006

Bob: stage entrance
First Four lineup: left to right
Handoff: Lanisha

Models of the Day: Lanisha Cole, Rachel Reynolds and Gabrielle Tuite
Wearing: Samuel Song

1  Aqua Finn Tropica Day Sailer (R)
BRITTANY *2000   VERNETTA 1700   NICHOLAS 1250   KATHRYN 1500   ($2895)

Brittany, age 20 the day they taped this, plays BARGAIN BAR

Harley-Davidson Pinball Machine (G)            $3495   $4495   $1000
Howard Miller Seville Floor Clock (L)   PICK   $2070   $3570   $1500 WIN!

2  Ashley Drake Rolltop Desk (L + R w/a doggy)
LORENE 1000   +Vernetta 1050   +Nicholas 750   +Kathryn 1100   OVERBID
        700              650             500             600   OVERBID
      **499**            375             401             402   ($499)
              STUPID 3rd BID

Lorene stashes away the $500 wad and plays COVER UP for a Ford Focus
ZXWSE (Std., AT, Cover)(G)
         6      1st Try   [1][8] 7  2  4      
       1 2      2nd Try   [1][8] 9  3

9 3 0      3rd Try   [1][8][1][6][0]   WIN!
   4 7 6 4
 1 0 5 2 3
 3 8 1 0 1
$2 5 3 4 5

3  2 (Apple IPod) 30GB Media Players (L&R)
CHRISTOPHER 599   +Vernetta 675   +Nicholas 699   +Kathryn *1   ($598)

Kathryn plays IT'S IN THE BAG

$ 1,000  $  .79   (6) (Pringles) Potato Chips (2 oz)
  2,000    1.69 * (4) Brids Eye Steamfresh Vegetables
  4,000   15.99 * (1) (Tylenol Arthritis Pain)
  8,000    3.99 * (5) Tums Smoothies (60)
  LOSS     6.99 X (2) Space Bag (Large)
                  (3) Azo Cranberry Supplement (50)

SHOWDOWN #1
$   598   Kathryn    40 + 45   .85   Through to Showcase Round
 10,960   Brittany   40 + 70    OV
 18,659   Lorene      5 +100    OV

4  Worksman His/Hers Bicycles/Gold Bond Body Powder  (L&R)
Christopher 785   +Vernetta 900   +Nicholas 1   VIVA *895   ($898)

Viva from Tennessee plays JOKER for an Ashley Chateau Frontenac Bedroom
Group and a Dormia Sleep Set (G)($5261)

Novelty Mailbox               24/42  $24  $24  *  (2)  JOK   WIN!
(Encali) Digital Food Scale   25/52   25   25  *  (5)  3s
Basketball Slow Cooker        12/21   21   12
(Norelco) Cordless Shaver     39/93   93   39

5  Say I Forever Do Diamond Pendant (G-in the Row)
Christopher 1200   +Vernetta 1395   +Nicholas *1400   COURT 999   ($1995)

Nicholas plays MONEY GAME for a Chevy Malibu LS (Std., AODrive, RKE,
Sealer)(L&R)

$ 19     19-1   80     95-4
$ 18     02-bk  18-2   17-3
$ 95     75-5   35     44
$ 75
$207     $17 3 --   SHOT DOWN BY EL CHEAPO!

Vernetta is still in the Row, but she has the last bid. That may or may
not be beneficial in deciding her fate, but she knows if she fails it's
banishment to the "First Four" Breakfast Club for her...

6  Ryobi Power Tools/Tidy Cats Scoop Cat Litter (R)
Christopher *950   +Vernetta 1   JEAN 899   Court 1200   ($989)

Vernetta heads off to the clubhouse while Christopher, a Beach Bum,
plays MOST EXPENSIVE

Flexsteel Kewanee Sofa (R)                     $1560
Home Gym (L)                                    1747
Taye 5 pc Drum Set/Zildjian Cymbals (G)  PICK   2587   WIN!

SHOWDOWN #2
$2,202   Nicholas      60 +100    OV
 6,208   Viva          55 stay   .55
 6,923   Christopher   60 stay   .60   Through to Showcase Round

SHOWCASE ROUND
Christopher has the honor.

SC1-Christopher   DR. ATTRACTO (G)
BID     $24,795   Malm Cone Fireplace
PRICE    29,139   (Frigidaire) Side-by-side Fridge/Freezer
DIFF     -4,134   Chrysler Pacifica (Std., AirBag)(R)

SC2-Kathryn       PRIZED TROPHIES
BID     $15,000   Trip to New York (6n @ Embassy)(L)
PRICE    15,247   Trip to Nassau (Air Jamaica; 6n @ Paradise Island (R)
DIFF       -247   Ritz 10d Tour of China (G)
TOTAL   $44,984   *** ANOTHER DOUBLE SHOWCASE WINNER ***

Today's Pricing Games: 4 for 6
Total Winnings: $89,936

Offline heelsrule1988

• Double Showcase Winner
    • My Deal or No Deal recaps
Re: FULL RECAP - TPiR 05/15/2006
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2006, 01:38:13 PM »
Monday, May 15, 2006

Bidding Round #1- #203, Brittany! :-D

It's In the Bag- Tragic loss right there. I really thought she had the $16K won.

Money Game- You just can't go wrong with El Cheapo. It's always a good choice.

Showcase- Can you end the show in a better way? A DSW to end a great day!

BEST CONTESTANT OF THE DAY- We had so many awesome contestants today, but Nicolas gets the award.

SHOW SUMMARY AND GRADE- Pretty fun show today, and it was all because of the contestants... Grade: 3

Offline jwatson2973

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2006, 01:40:13 PM »
Good show today. Great wins in Bargain Bar, Cover Up, Joker, and Mosty Expensive.

As for Money Game, OUCH!!! El Cheapo bit the poor man.

It's in the Bag, I've had a feeling she should've taken the $8,000.

Excellent Double Showcase Win that makes up for that Bag loss.

Offline Mallory16

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Icon by Gemma Moody
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2006, 02:12:47 PM »
...that wasn't much of a pricing game lineup today, wasn't it?  I mean, aside from It's in the Bag.  It's always depressing when two of Money Game, Cover Up, and Card Game wind up being the day's car games.  Still, it was a very enjoyable show, going contestant wise.

Kathryn was great!  She didn't have trouble deciding what she wanted in It's in the Bag, and she didn't have trouble deciding that she was just going to go ahead and risk everything!  It's too bad she lost $8000 in It's in the Bag, but hey, if you're gonna' lose, it's always more interesting to lose big!  It helps that she made up for it in the showcase, with the double showcase win that got her the top winner's car showcase!  So yay for Kathryn!

Speaking of It's in the Bag, I would have won, though honestly, I had no friggin' clue whether the Azo or the space bag was $6.99.  I would have picked the Azo solely because I wasn't sure if the space bag could actually fit inside the grocery bag.

Still speaking of It's in the Bag, just what the heck is Azo, anyway?  It might be easier for me to price it if I had a clue what in the world it was.

Lorene was wild coming on down.  I can't really blame Bob for getting nervous when he was about to show her the car, but she seemed to have calmed down considerably by that point.  She was still great, anyway.

Speaking of Cover Up, that was a really weird playing today.  Specifically, the 9 card for the third digit.  When Lorene set that number in place, the frontal shot of the board had the number ghost white, instead of the normal red!  Other camera angles had the number red, so what the heck was with the weird-colored 9?!

Did anyone else immediately think Gabi was called "Dr. Attracto" for being attractive :lol:?  First thought in my mind, anyway.  Yay for causing set destruction at the end!

And the Best Model in the Entire History of the World Since the Beginning of Time in the Universe award had to be one of the funniest and most ridiculous showcase moments since... well, last week, I guess.  Even with the better showcase the past couple of seasons, it seems like they've really been peaking lately!  Got two really good ones in one day today

In Most Expensive, for some reason, Bart just had the camera slide over to each price for the price reveals, instead of cutting from the price reveals from back to the contestant and Bob between the price reveals in Most Expensive.  It looks better the regular way, though honestly, it's tolerable.

Nicholas said his friend in the audience told him to pick 75.  I'm curious why Nicholas thought his friend would know better than he would.  I mean, I could see if, like I went to the show, and my friend on stage turned to me for help, but... eh, I'm just not going to understand the intricacies here, am I?!

Offline shellgame69

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2006, 02:54:50 PM »
Cover Up-Did anyone saw the 9 in the placeholder looked white instead of red?  Otherwise well played.

IITB-I would have trouble on the last bag.  I thought Kathryn had it all.

Joker-YAY!  The shaver should have been won.  I was amazed that Viva won with only 2 discards.

Money Game-Ugh..Not El Cheapo!!!

Showcases:  My jaw dropped when Kathryn won with a $247 difference on the F****ng Random All Trip.  I would have bid $24,900 and still be off by $4239.

Overall- a pretty entertaining show to start the week.

Offline Jordanar18

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Currently, I live in the past.
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2006, 02:57:12 PM »
shellgame69 wrote:
Cover Up-Did anyone saw the 9 in the placeholder looked white instead of red?

I did.  It was red, but the lighting and the placement of the 9 made it look white.

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2006, 03:23:25 PM »
BBB: Pretty easy.

One-Bid 2: After the second all-overbid with $500 as the lowest guess at that point, and Lorene said $499, I had a feeling she would get the $500, and what do you know!

Cover Up: Wow! This game has been won again, even with a second one in the price! Well done Lorene! It's kinda disappointing she didn't leave the 5 alone in the third digit, because she would have had a fourth try with the third digit with only ONE choice left! Oh well...

IITB: Tough break. Amazing she got past the super-expensive Tylenol. I thought she had the $16,000 for sure. Who would have thought urine medicine would have cost her the money?!?

Joker: Always nice to see this pop up once in a while. Nice win!

Money Game: What made it tougher to find El Cheapo today was the fact that the Malibu has gotten cheaper recently.

Most Expensive: Easy.

Showcases: What a way for Kathryn to rebound from that painful loss in IITB- by becoming the first DOUBLE SHOWCASE WINNER of 2006!!! It's about time we had one!

Overall: Very good show today!

Offline tpiradam

• 11/13/18
  • TPiR Alumnus
    • http://adamb.one-dollar.us
« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2006, 04:20:02 PM »
Finally after five months... a Double Showcase Winner. I nearly decided not to tape it today but I'm sure glad  I did :-)

Offline SteveGavazzi

• Loyal Friend and True &
  • Director
« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2006, 04:29:45 PM »
Lorene was hilarious.  She was clearly completely genuine in her excitement.  I was really glad to see her win Cover Up.

Speaking of Cover Up, did anyone notice that the lights were glaring of the "9" card in one of her guesses really strangely?

My immediate reaction to Christopher bidding $599 on the media players was, "I wouldn't be surprised if he's over by $1." ;-)

I'm not sure what to make of It's in the Bag.  I'm impressed that Kathryn got as far as she did, but I don't think she ever planned on quitting unless it became completely obvious that she'd made a mistake somewhere.  Then again, though, after the Showcase, I doubt she's dwelling on that. ;-)

I'm probably about the only person who was excited today when it became obvious that the fourth game was Joker, or afraid that it would turn out to be Shell Game. :-)

Speaking of Joker, I have no idea why the whole audience thought Viva was wrong about the food scale.  I also have no idea why Viva thought she was right about the shaver.

I can't decide what to think of Nicholas.  I want to not like him, but there were points where he did seem (and probably was) genuinely excited.

I wasn't as surprised by the fact that Nicholas lost Money Game as I was that no one in the whole audience seemed to know what the last two numbers were.

That Double Showcase Win came totally outta nowhere.  I still can't believe that happened.  I was sure Kathryn was under by five or ten thousand dollars.

Frank15 wrote:  Still speaking of It's in the Bag, just what the heck is Azo, anyway? It might be easier for me to price it if I had a clue what in the world it was.

I think it's some kind of feminine hygiene product.  I know this only because I work in a drugstore.

BobboChung wrote:  Money Game: What made it tougher to find El Cheapo today was the fact that the Malibu has gotten cheaper recently.

That's asinine.  The notion that finding a two-digit number that starts with a zero is harder on one day than on another is just stupid.

BobboChung wrote:  Showcases: What a way for Kathryn to rebound from that painful loss in IITB- by becoming the first DOUBLE SHOWCASE WINNER of 2006!!!

tpiradam wrote:  Finally after five months... a Double Showcase Winner. I nearly decided not to tape it today but I'm sure glad I did :-)

You have apparently forgotten about January 19.
"Every game is somebody's favorite." -- Wise words from Roger Dobkowitz.

Offline BRB_TheFireball

• Double Showcase Winner
  • A Man Without A Forum
    • The Fireball on Golden-Road.net
« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2006, 05:15:52 PM »
Today is my 26th birthday, so let's see if anybody can do any winning.

PG #1 - Happy birthday, fellow birthday honoree!  :-)

One-Bid #2 - Come on, people!  This is Ashley furniture we're talking about here.

PG #2 - I thought the other multiple-1 price:  $18,510.

PG #3 - Ugly setup.  That AZO could've easily been $15.99 and that Space Bag could've easily been $6.99.

PG #4 - Yay!  Joker!  :-P  Wow, Viva knocked out that Joker on her very first pick!

PG #5 - Nicholas, you claim to be a loyal friend and true, and YOU DIDN'T PICK EL CHEAPO?!  Man, that 02 was just screaming to be picked.  I sure would've loved to have seen El Cheapo slain on my birthday. :-(

Showcases -  :-o  :-o  :-o  A DSW on my birthday?!  Woohoo!  Nice comeback by Kathryn!  She deserved it after that miserable Baggy loss.

My bids - Car:  $27,500.  Son of Around the World:  $16,000.
Well, this week was supposed to be a return to normalcy, but that's clearly not allowed.  Since you feel there is no need for this week's FPG to continue, I feel there is no need to continue as an FPG host or a G-R.net member.  Since most people are so desperate to push me out of here, why delay it?  I would have preferred that everybody publicly admitted it rather than string me along for the last two days, but it is what it is.  I am hereby resigning as FPG host and moderator, effective immediately.  whammy007 is the new permanent host.  No R-rated rant or airing of grievances from me.  Just a polite "goodbye for good".

--Fireball to Chelsea, 1/15/16

Offline thewhammy_2000

• Double Showcase Winner
    • The FunDMental Game Show Site
« Reply #10 on: May 15, 2006, 05:22:35 PM »
Barker's Bargain Bar: So many Bs. The play was easy, of course; I thought the Pinball Machine would be around 3995 or something.

One Bid 2: Gutsy and beneficial 499 bid!

Cover Up: Goodness. I cannot believe the possisble 4th try would have been a cinch to win.

It's in the Bag: I would've had 16 on this one because I thought those Space Bags would be around $5.99. Remember that Azo commercial snippet you would see on those promotional consideration segments where [A woman screams!]? That's kinda how I felt for Kathryn.

Joker: I got tripped on the last two. Still would've won because I would've discarded the evens first.

Money Game: If Nicholas says he knows how to play the game, he should've picked el cheapo right out the bat as I would've. It also seems his friend doesn't know too much either. I raise my glass for el cheapo!

I raise my glass again for Vernetta's Banishment.

Most Expensive: Thinking back to a recent game where a drum set was so expensive made me pick the set again.

Showcases: Remember that Bugs Bunny/Wile E. Coyote cartoon where Wile E. had that Super Magnet? Dr. Attracto reminds me of that. "Best Model in the Entire History of the World Since the Beginning of Time in the Universe?" I don't know if a Barker's Beauty or a model from that prime time show should win it. Both Showcases were pretty good. It is real nice to see Kathryn win both Showcases to make up for the It's in the Bag loss, but what still gets to me is the fact that she could have won more than $45,000 if she didn't blow it on the worthless Azo. But who cares about that now?
My somewhat popular YouTube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/thewhammy83 for Price, PYL, and other game shows.

Offline whinbaby

• Double Showcase Winner
  • No whining!
« Reply #11 on: May 15, 2006, 06:41:02 PM »
Show #6382

Showcase #1
Malm Cone Fireplace - $1,200
Frigidaire Side-by-side Fridge/Freezer - $1,349
Chrysler Pacifica, which last appeared on December 20 - $26,590

Showcase #2
Trip to New York City, where the final votes for Survivor Exile Island were read yesterday. - $5,021
Trip to Nassau - Hmmm... Paradise Island, we Price fans have never heard of that hotel on TPIR before. - $6,828
Ritz 10-day Tour of China - $3,398

Modeling Report for May 15, 2006
Rachel Reynolds
Total - $56,952
Won - $39,650 (69.62%)
Lost - $17,302 (30.38%)
Record - 7-1

Lanisha Cole, aka "The Banker"
Deal - $45,027
Won - $11,674 (25.93%)
Lost - $33,353 (74.07%)
Record - 8-4

Gabrielle Tuite
Total - $54,445
Won - $38,445 (70.61%)
Lost - $16,000 (29.39%)
Record - 8-1

All 25 prizes today totaled $123,122!

Offline heelsrule1988

• Double Showcase Winner
    • My Deal or No Deal recaps
« Reply #12 on: May 15, 2006, 06:57:03 PM »

SteveGavazzi wrote:
I can't decide what to think of Nicholas.  I want to not like him, but there were points where he did seem (and probably was) genuinely excited.

Huh? Why would you want to not like a contestant?

Offline SteveGavazzi

• Loyal Friend and True &
  • Director
« Reply #13 on: May 15, 2006, 07:10:54 PM »
'Cause I thought he was acting like a show-off several times.
"Every game is somebody's favorite." -- Wise words from Roger Dobkowitz.

Offline Mallory16

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Icon by Gemma Moody
« Reply #14 on: May 15, 2006, 07:32:29 PM »
I have to agree with Steve, heels.  I noticed it too.  I mean, I didn't hate him, but at the same time, I know where Steve is coming from.  Personally, I thought Kathryn or Lorene should've gotten your award today.