Author Topic: FULL RECAP - TPiR 05/15/2006  (Read 16760 times)

Offline rob79

• Double Showcase Winner
Re: FULL RECAP - TPiR 05/15/2006
« Reply #15 on: May 15, 2006, 08:06:14 PM »
Great show today. Great wins all around. Congratulations to Kathryn on the DSW, she deserved it after that heartbreaking 'baggy loss.

BTW: Anyone else besides me here glad to see Joker?

Offline goldroadfanatic

• 2/22/2024
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • One Dollar!
« Reply #16 on: May 15, 2006, 08:19:39 PM »
I'm glad to see Joker.  It may not be one of my favorite games, but it's nice to see it once in awhile.
"Cherish the past, accept the present, and anticipate the future.  They are listening to feedback wherever feasible, but they can't repeat the past."

Offline rob79

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #17 on: May 15, 2006, 08:31:47 PM »
Thank you, Joker is a good game, it isn't the best, but it's a nice change of pace. I enjoy it. I wish it was played more often.

Offline pathfinder2119

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Me immortalized as a South Park character
« Reply #18 on: May 15, 2006, 10:00:16 PM »
Very good show today.

I like Joker, and because it's so rarely played, it was nice to see it played today.

Picking El Cheapo in Money Game never fails, and it stuck out like a sore thumb, but Nicholas unfortunately didn't pick it.

The DSW was quite impressive.

Offline heelsrule1988

• Double Showcase Winner
    • My Deal or No Deal recaps
« Reply #19 on: May 15, 2006, 10:57:41 PM »
I see what you're saying, Steve and Frank... but I don't necessarily think Nicholas was showing off. I've seen some contestants that have definitely come across as showing off, but I didn't really see that in him. To me, he looked like someone just having a lot of fun on the most fun game show to ever exist.

Offline jhc2010

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #20 on: May 15, 2006, 11:45:48 PM »
Pricing Game Length:
The time of the game begins at the moment a prize is revealed for the game, or the game itself is shown.

Barker's Bargain Bar -- 1:43
Cover Up -- 2:37
It's In the Bag -- 5:05
Joker -- 3:02
Money Game -- 2:12
Most Expensive -- 1:24

Offline Madonna

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #21 on: May 16, 2006, 04:01:40 AM »
Bargain Bar: For the LFAT, this wasn't so hard, as we saw that same floor clock just a couple weeks ago, and knew it was $3,500 and change.. Good going, Brittany...

IUFB #2: I managed to miss the first 10 minutes of today's episode, and I was worried I missed a lot. I guess not, thanks to two overbids.. Thanks, guys!

Cover Up: Ford Focus ZXWSE? That's easy... $78,901! Wait.. $78,000 isn't an option? Uhhh....

Despite not using the old trick of intentionally missing the second number, this did work out rather well for Lorene, especially by getting the last number right... No, not textbook, but a win is a win...

It's In The Bag: And, once again, it gets setup to that the second bag is not the most expensive item.. Wicked.

That being said, it was all going so good until that last bag... Yes, that was not an easy choice, but again, as a LFAT, I knew the bag was $5.99, and therefore was NOT the right item... D'OH!

Joker: Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooo!

I sure as heck wouldn't have guessed $12 on that slow cooker, either... But that shaver? $39... We've seen it enough.

Still, not that it matters much when you remove the joker on your first pick.

Money Game: Being an LS, my first guess would've been 17, not 19... And then with El Cheapo on the board? That would've been my second - especially considering that we've gone months without seeing El Cheapo up there, and the last time it was the back of the car...

D'OH!

Most Expensive: Sure looks to me like Roger wanted to get rid of a few things once again. Easy choice..

Showcases: Ummm.. Why is there a voice in my head saying "Double Showcase Winner"?

Starcade and I were told not once, but twice (the first being a woman in line, the second being a man whose name sounds an awful lot like "Rob Parker") that "a woman" woth both showcases on "yesterday's show". So, once Christopher won his way into the Showcases, this became about as surprising as the November 30, 2004 episode of Jeopardy!...

I would've bid $27,000 on Christopher's showcase ($24,795 was nowhere near enough).. Then again, not that it was going to make much difference...

I would've bid $15,247 on Kathryn's showcase, though.. No, I wouldn't have, I'm kidding. While I knew she was going to wind up winning both showcases, I had no idea what she had bid... I would've actually gone over myself ($17,000). In fact, I did a double-take after she gave her bid. "Wait a minute. She's the one who wins both showcases? $15,000 isn't enough for those trips!"

Well, that's why I'm a writer, and not a travel agent...

Nice going, Kathryn... A shame we didn't attend the May 2 taping instead.  :lol:
In loving and eternal memory of a truly beautiful goddess.

Offline dad1153

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #22 on: May 16, 2006, 12:07:03 PM »
I'm not sure what to make of It's in the Bag. I'm impressed that Kathryn got as far as she did, but I don't think she ever planned on quitting unless it became completely obvious that she'd made a mistake somewhere. Then again, though, after the Showcase, I doubt she's dwelling on that[/u].

You mean to tell me she didn't miss those $16,000 (or $8,000 had she stopped there) when it came time to pay the taxes for over $44K worth of winnings on two showcases?  Me thinks to this date she's still kicking herself for letting the cash get away from her in 'IITB,' which could have gone a long way to make her DSW prizes less expensive taxes-wise. :-D

Offline MSTieScott

• TPIR Alumnus!
« Reply #23 on: May 16, 2006, 12:24:11 PM »
I think that Lorene honestly thought she won the dog that was featured during her One Bid.

SteveGavazzi wrote:
Frank15 wrote:  Still speaking of It's in the Bag, just what the heck is Azo, anyway? It might be easier for me to price it if I had a clue what in the world it was.

I think it's some kind of feminine hygiene product.  I know this only because I work in a drugstore.

According to the copy, it's just some kind of condensed cranberry supplement. Not really mediciney, just a way to get a whole bunch of cranberries in one gulp. Which apparently helps your urinary tract. I noticed that it sounded like Rich made a point to underemphasize "urinary tract" in the copy, which was probably a good idea.

The showcase containing three trips cost less than the three trips in Most Expensive from last week.

We had a double showcase winner, and they didn't even need to open door number three in order to show her all of her prizes!
The statements and opinions expressed above are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of the author's employer or any company the author has worked with, past or present. Individual results may vary.

Offline Joe_Mello

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #24 on: May 16, 2006, 12:59:33 PM »
It apparently regulates blood sugar and helps increase the potency of insulin, so it's a diabetic supplement as well.  Its commericals often get play on GSN.

Offline pianogeek

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #25 on: May 16, 2006, 11:49:50 PM »
Three seconds before the "Fremantle Media North America" slate comes up, is it just me or am I beginning to notice the audience from that episode beginning to clap along with the beat of the theme song, like what Gaby and Lanisha was doing at the moment?   I thought this was a Karn Feud moment.  Hehe!