Author Topic: Can you help me find these shows I was on?  (Read 2706 times)

Offline 4nomore

• Outside in Line
Can you help me find these shows I was on?
« on: December 06, 2009, 11:00:47 AM »
Hi My name is Terri/Theresa, I was on the  Price is right around June 1983 give or take a month. I played the money game midway into the show.. I won a stove to get on stage, then a Pontiac 5000? looked like a Chevrolet chevette. I won  the car playing the "money game". I also won 95 cents on the wheel and was the top winner in the showcase but lost by bidding to low on a Buick. I was18yo on the show. Can anyone help me find a copy of this tape?? I was also on Family Fued in 1987 Carlson/Zappanti episode of Family Feud. Does anyone have that?? I was on Card Sharks as well in the fall of 1986 for 3 shows. I can share these with anyone who could trade for the above. Thanks Terri

I am new on this site so I dont know if I am posting in the right area? can anyone help me

Offline brian1975

• Double Showcase Winner
  • hi there
Re: Can you help me find these shows I was on?
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2009, 11:06:40 AM »
hello.  you might want to give youtube a try.  i don't know if you already tried it yet, but you might get lucky.
all of this can be yours, if you can afford it.

Offline brtsimpson142

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2009, 11:46:30 AM »
I'd check with Steve to see if he recognizes the name.  Can you remember any of the other games from the same TPiR episode?  If we can figure out the lineup we might have a shot at finding your show!
Bazinga!

Offline 4nomore

• Outside in Line
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2009, 12:19:09 PM »
Hi .Thanks for your help. I am sorry, I am new at this,who is Steve?? I cant remember any other the other games that were played that day, Sorry Also a correction on my original post  I was on Family Fued in 1985 Carlson/Zappanti episode of Family Feud it was the one before the last 3 ever tapped with Dawson.  Not 1987 sorry
« Last Edit: December 06, 2009, 12:22:37 PM by 4nomore »

Offline Rlotpir1972

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2009, 12:24:36 PM »
There was no such car as a Pontiac 5000.  It was called the Pontiac 1000, like the Chevy Chevette.

Offline 4nomore

• Outside in Line
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2009, 12:32:19 PM »
Your right! I am old and have a horrible memory Thanks for the correction

Offline Trivia Trap

• Walking the Golden Road
  • Thinks Hes Seen Finish Line
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2009, 01:11:49 PM »
The Steve that the other poster was referring to is SteveGavazzi, who is a Price is Right wizard and knows probably 99.9% of everything to do with Price is Right, so he was going to check with him.

Another person you should seek out is temptation1979ga1, as he posts a load of Price is Right videos and is the go-to guy for PiR video.

Offline SteveGavazzi

• Loyal Friend and True &
  • Director
« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2009, 06:45:41 PM »
I'm probably not going to be able to ID the episode with only Money Game to go on.  I need a bit more information than that.  It would also help to know whether your show was taped in June or aired in June (or both).

In the meantime, I invite you to browse the incomplete pricing game calendars for Season 11 and Season 12 and see if anything jumps out at you.
"Every game is somebody's favorite." -- Wise words from Roger Dobkowitz.

Offline GameShowDude

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2009, 09:09:04 AM »
Were you on Card Sharks with Bill Rafferty as the host?  If so I know a game show trading friend of mine who may have your shows.  He has a few shows with a Terri from September 1986.  Here is a link to his site.  http://www.angelfire.com/planet/rinkerman/

I hope he can help you. 

Offline 4nomore

• Outside in Line
« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2009, 10:42:37 AM »
I'm probably not going to be able to ID the episode with only Money Game to go on.  I need a bit more information than that.  It would also help to know whether your show was taped in June or aired in June (or both).

In the meantime, I invite you to browse the incomplete pricing game calendars for newbielink:http://tpirsummaries.8m.com/Calendars/Season_11_games.html [nonactive] and newbielink:http://tpirsummaries.8m.com/Calendars/Season_12_games.html [nonactive] and see if anything jumps out at you.

Thank you so much for your response. I looked at your list and I think its one of these three, Sep 23rd #5005D episode 188 or #4931D May 17th Episide 180 or
#4951D May 29 episode 188 all in 1983 I know I tapped the show when my baby was 3 months old and the money game was at the end of the show. I won a car then went right to spin the wheel then right to the showcase. It had to be the last game played because I didn't go back to the audience as the others did. Does this help? Thank you so much for taking the time to help me. Terri

Offline SteveGavazzi

• Director
« Reply #10 on: December 07, 2009, 12:13:47 PM »
Well, it's probably not September 23 -- I don't think any of Season 12 was taped until all of Season 11 had finished airing, including the week of shows that were run in August to promote The Phone Home Game.  So I guess now it's a matter of finding someone who has May 17 or May 30.  A lot of 1983 was rerun on Game Show Network in the late '90s, so finding those episodes is definitely within the realm of possibility.

Guys, can we move this thread into The Talk Is Right?  I'd like to get some more eyes on it.

Offline 4nomore

• Outside in Line
« Reply #11 on: December 07, 2009, 01:59:58 PM »
Well, it's probably not September 23 -- I don't think any of Season 12 was taped until all of Season 11 had finished airing, including the week of shows that were run in August to promote The Phone Home Game.  So I guess now it's a matter of finding someone who has May 17 or May 30.  A lot of 1983 was rerun on Game Show Network in the late '90s, so finding those episodes is definitely within the realm of possibility.

Guys, can we move this thread into The Talk Is Right?  I'd like to get some more eyes on it.

Sorry the date would be may 29th not the 30th 1983 or May 17,1983 Thanks to all Terri
« Last Edit: December 07, 2009, 04:18:57 PM by temptation1979ga »

Offline SteveGavazzi

• Director
« Reply #12 on: December 07, 2009, 02:32:03 PM »
May 29, 1983, was a Sunday.

Offline trytobecharming

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #13 on: December 07, 2009, 05:34:42 PM »
Hi .Thanks for your help. I am sorry, I am new at this,who is Steve?? I cant remember any other the other games that were played that day, Sorry Also a correction on my original post  I was on Family Fued in 1985 Carlson/Zappanti episode of Family Feud it was the one before the last 3 ever tapped with Dawson.  Not 1987 sorry

Was it the network run or the syndicated run? The network run ended taping in mid to late May 1985 IIRC and the last ABC show aired on June 14th. There was some controversy on another game show board(Invision Game SHow Forum) as to whether the Dawson finale ever aired on ABC, or whether it never aired until GSN aired it for the first time in the 90s. Word was that ABC stopped airing the show with two weeks worth of unaired episodes, and the finale was schedule to air on June 28, 1985 rather than June 14th. The last syndicated Dawson show aired around the same time, give or take a few weeks. As to when is taped is unknown.