Author Topic: FULL RECAP - TPiR 12/14/2009  (Read 9230 times)

Offline Joe_Capitano

• Double Showcase Winner
FULL RECAP - TPiR 12/14/2009
« on: December 14, 2009, 02:23:42 PM »
The Price is Right - Dec. 14, 2009
Production #4951K - Taped Oct. 12, 2009

Drew: stage entrance
First Four lineup: Right to left
Handoff: Rachel

Models of the Day: Lanisha Cole, Gwendolyn Osborne-Smith and Rachel Reynolds
Wearing: Jovani

1   Hatteras Wicker Arc Hammock (L)
ADRIANN 1200 VERNON 1225 SHAUNTAY 375 NICOLE *500 ($830)

Nicole from Detroit, MI plays 1 RIGHT PRICE for two trips...

Napa Valley (via Oakland; 6n @ Ink House)(G)$3461
Sedona, AZ (via Flagstaff (6n @ Hilton)(L)$3461$2575LOSS

2   (LG) 32" LCD TV/DVD Combo (G)
+Adriann 999 +Vernon 1100 +Shauntay 1101 MICHAEL *500 ($850)

Michael, a U.S. Marine, prepare thyself. IT'S THE $50,000 PL!NKO! MONDAY!!!

Free Chip(6)500L
TPiR 2010 Video Game (PC)3/00$20*(6)500L
(Cuisinart) Ice Cream Machine8/9985
Self-Powered Emergency Radio5/4434*(8)10000 Total
Ladybug Tote Bag2/6216$11,000WIN!

3   Stainless 20 Cu Ft Freezer (R)
+Adriann 750 +Vernon 800 +Shauntay 900 AUDREY *1200 ($1599)

Audrey plays DICE GAME for a Chevy Camaro LS (Std., V6, RKE, OnStar, Spare, BlkHtr, PRot)(L)

[4]6[5][4]
Rolls:   $2[1][5][5][3]
[–][5]LOSS

SHOWDOWN #1
$830Nicole50 + 40.90Through to Showcase Round
1,599Audrey45 + 90OV
11,904Michael50 + 55OV

4   Ladies Swiss Army Watch (R-in the Row)
+Adriann 215 +Vernon *750 +Shauntay 2 NATALIE 1 ($895)
STUPID BIDSTUPID BIDSTUPID BID

Vernon goes to a SWAP MEET

Charlie Lapson Ladies Accessories$1400
(2) Tresanti Dual Zone Wine Cooler1400WIN!
(1) Dell Desktop Computer972
(3) Lance Duke Touring 250 Motorscooter2499

5   carolinachair.com Henley Sofa (L)
+Adriann 700 GRANT *1249 +Shauntay 695 Natalie 600 ($1940)

Grant plays HOLE IN ONE (...or two) for a Ford Focus SE (Std., 140HP, Seats, MyKey)(G)($17,570)

(2) Bruce's Yams (16 oz)$1.69
(4) (Easy Cheese) Cheese Spread3.99
(3) Clorox Disinfecting Wipes (35)2.99
(5) (Pantene) Shampoo
(6) Demet's Turtles (box)
(1) Finishing Touch Lumina Hair Remover

Drew's "inspiration Putt": Pulled right.
Grant's Putt(s) from Line 2: Pulled just right, twice (lipped the second). LOSS

Over at the "First Four" Breakfast Club, the place is getting all decked out for Christmas Week. Mimi's looking for just the right tree, and she needs a helper to cut down the thing. Perhaps Adriann or Shauntay (or both) can be of assistance. We know someone's going to be cutting it down...with a machete. That might take a while. Who will it be?

6   PowerBlock Dumbbells/Accessories (G)
+Adriann 1 MARIA 1300 +Shauntay 400 Natalie *699 ($964)
SUICIDE BID

Adriann is wheeled off to the morgue and Shauntay heads off to the membership desk while Natalie plays RANGE GAME for a Beachcomber Hot Tub (L)

Scale:$10,200-$10,800
Range:$10,423-$10,573
Price:$10,583   LOSS

SHOWDOWN #2
$964Natalie40 + 85OV
1,940Grant65 stay.65
7,166Vernon  5 + 90.95Through to Showcase Round

SHOWCASE ROUND
Vernon has the honor.

SC1-Nicole Party Tyme Karaoke Machine (G)
Rockola Q Music Center Jukebox
(Face Place) Instant Photo Booth (L)
Maxim 1800MX 17.6' Sport Boat (R)
BID$20,450
PRICE34,615
DIFF–14,165
TOTAL$35,445
SC2-Vernon Ladies' Golf Equipment/Golfwear
Trip to Palm Springs (via Limo; 6n)(G)
Trip to Fiji (6n)(L)
BID$30,000
PRICE19,425
DIFFOVER

Today's Pricing Games: 2 for 6
Total Winnings: $51,852

THIS IS THE ONLY OFFICIAL GOLDEN-ROAD.net SHOW RECAP.
REPRODUCTION PROHIBITED WITHOUT AUTHOR PERMISSION.

Offline joeyboy

• Double Showcase Winner
Re: FULL RECAP - TPiR 12/14/2009
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2009, 03:04:54 PM »
I liked that lineup! If they only swapped out Swap Meet with Danger Price, the lineup would have been spectacular!  :biggrin:

Audrey was such a fun contestant.  :-D I really wanted her to win the Dice Game. Unfortunately, she got burned by the third number. That setup looked tough.

Hey, we got the rare appearance of the left-handed putter in Hole in One. Grant had two really great putts that hooked oh so slightly right.

Wow, that was one expensive hot tub. That was one tough loss by a meager $10!

Wow, another cheap-o two-trip showcase, and a photo booth?
« Last Edit: December 14, 2009, 03:07:05 PM by joeyboy »

Offline elskunkoman

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2009, 03:45:55 PM »
1 Right Price - Well I thought Arizona costed more than Napa Valley it just don't make no sense at all.  :cry:
Plinko - Nice win i thought this was gonna be a loss at first when the first 2 chips didn't hit the center slot.  :-D
Dicey - What a painful loss on dice game mainly because she rolled the wrong number otherwise she woulda won with the odds  :cry:
Swap Meet - Nice win  :-D
Hole in one - Ow So Close to gettin the ball in the hole that was painful  :cry:
Range Game - Another painful loss only by a few bucks  :cry:

We seen alot of painful losses lately especially today's show. Was there ever an episode where there were at least 3 or more wipeouts?
pepe! It took us all summer to clean out all the skunk stink from seasons 36, 37, 38, 39, and 40!!!

Offline goldroadfanatic

• 2/22/2024
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • One Dollar!
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2009, 04:24:20 PM »
I have to say, the first showcase was pretty good with the "party" theme to it.  I'd go so far to say that for it to be a showcase in the traditional sense, they'd have to write "Your showcase takes a look at prizes revealed as I ask the audience, are you ready to party?"

Did anyone else think of Nickelodeon's "Get the Picture" when it was written, in the same font, no less, on the top of the photo booth?

I'd have to say the photo booth is one of the most random prizes to be offered.  How the heck is one supposed to price that, unless you have worked for an amusement park or movie theater and ordered one?
"Cherish the past, accept the present, and anticipate the future.  They are listening to feedback wherever feasible, but they can't repeat the past."

Offline elskunkoman

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2009, 04:28:04 PM »
Since you mentioned the photo booth nickelodeon's get the picture it reminded me of the photo booth in the miranda cosgrove video about you now with i carly.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2009, 04:56:29 PM by Joe_Capitano »
pepe! It took us all summer to clean out all the skunk stink from seasons 36, 37, 38, 39, and 40!!!

Offline leafsfan17

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2009, 04:28:41 PM »
Well, I'd say winning $11,000 in Plinko makes a very good Christmas gift for Michael.
Dr. Pepper: Not recommended for Skype chats

Offline TPIRZippy

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2009, 04:38:40 PM »
$1-$215-$750-$2 just left me shaking my head.  The $1 bid to start was bad enough, but $2 after the $215 (and after the $750)?  Vernon had it made....

Offline JoePlinko

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2009, 04:54:20 PM »
I'd have to say the photo booth is one of the most random prizes to be offered.  How the heck is one supposed to price that, unless you have worked for an amusement park or movie theater and ordered one?

What was your bid when you first saw the popcorn cart?
"If we want the show to stay on, you have to support the show.  How can we lose an American classic?"  - Roger Dobkowitz

Offline Cartboy

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2009, 04:55:37 PM »
1 Right Price:  I would've went with Sedona too.
Plinko:  Nice little stocking stuffer! :-)
Dice Game:  That 6 in the middle was evil!
Swap Meet:  Nice job! :-)
Hole In One:  Ugh!  So close!
Range Game:  2 close ones in a row - how heartbreaking! :cry:

Not too bad a start to the week, IMHO.
Velvet Sky - 2 time Knockouts Champion, the hottest Knockout, and my favorite Knockout!!

Offline voguevixen

• In Contestant's Row
    • Twitter
« Reply #9 on: December 14, 2009, 05:07:30 PM »
I can't believe it; I "bid" $35,000 on the first showcase and busted by *that* much.  That jukebox was sweet; much better than the weird "sleek" floor model they usually have.  I don't know where anyone is going to put a photo kiosk in their house though.  I have enough trouble wondering where I'd put a grandfather clock.

I'm glad Michael got at least $10,000 for knowing the price of the home game, heh.

I lost ORP because I thought a trip to Napa would've been way more than $3400.  (I live in the SF area and am used to everything being absurdly priced.)

Drew was in a great mood today (before the games started going down the tubes) and we got a bonus shot of Rich.  Nice!

I agree they had a good mix of games today.

Is it just me or were there a lot of that were new/different or at least ones we haven't heard in a while.  I usually don't notice the music like the rest of you do but today I did because they were so unusual/out of the ordinary.  (Waiting for everyone to tell me the exact name of every tune, lol.)

Upon preview, I have to say the Range Game blew my mind.  Usually hot tubs are in the $8,000 range so as soon as the thing started moving I said "STOP!"  I thought it was another "trick" setup.
I apologise in advance.

Offline rodroddyfan

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #10 on: December 14, 2009, 05:25:05 PM »
Shoot we always get extra shots of rich when drew is talking to him about something. 

Offline sjd93

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #11 on: December 14, 2009, 06:23:50 PM »
Really enjoyable lineup. Very strong.

Nice to see Plinko won again. That's been on a real hot streak lately.

Dice Game was tough, but considering it was played for a Camaro, I suppose a tough set-up is fair.

They've been making Swap Meet fairly easy lately, and today was no exception.

Hole in One... that fake cheese was pretty evil. I always thought that stuff was fairly cheap.

Range Game was actually not set-up evilly today.

The first showcase was really good... if they had given it a normal beginning and end, it would've been fantastic.

The second showcase lost sight of the theme halfway through. Still decent, though.

Overall, a pretty good show today.
I find it ironic how the show tries to mix up the prizes and offer "cool" things like over-stuffed trips and impossible to price items to make the show less "predictable." Yet, the same things happen every single time a show airs.

-temptation1979ga

Offline Kev347

• Double Showcase Winner
  • I love it when people get lit up.
« Reply #12 on: December 14, 2009, 06:33:09 PM »
Rrf I am glad you're not the only one that has noticed this. While I like the extra Rich shots, I personally feel DiPirro overdoes it sometimes by being ready to switch over to him at the drop of a hat anytime he says anything at all extra. Today was a good example of something that felt extra.

Today's show was definitely better than we've been seeing. Drew had a pretty good show today, with the exception of Hole In One, where he hosted the entire proceedings like he would rather be anywhere else (though I have to admit I chuckled when he almost ran into the Hole In One or Two sign.) I know you hate putting, but that putt is supposed to be there to INSPIRE the contestant, so please give it an effort. You can always make it easier on yourself by doing what Bob used to do and just putting on the front line!

Speaking of Hole In One, I called that $4.00+ cheese from a mile away. I also called the 6 in Dice Game from a mile away, the evil Plinko SPs from a mile away, etc. While some of the setups were better today (Range Game in particular was much fairer than it's been lately), it's getting bad when I can predict exactly how each setup will screw over the contestants every time. That being said, I think the contestant's putting abilities caused the loss in Hole In One today - yikes.

This was an amazing lineup, Adam. I don't get how we can have only 2 quickies with Hole and then fly through the lineup other days, but I'll take today's whopping 29 minute lineup any day. Hole 5th came out of nowhere and was a completely pleasant surprise. I also can't believe we saw Swap Meet again so soon. Looks like they've definitely decided to increase the play of the MPs, smething which I'm all for (even if it means seeing a lot of Swap Meet, the quickest MP).

Timings:
One Right Price (3.5)- 3:23
Plinko (5.5) - 4:48
Dice Game (4.5) - 4:36
Swap Meet (4.5) - 3:49
Hole In One (7) - 6:41
Range Game (4) - 3:11
Total time (29): 26:28 (one of the longest of the season!)

Offline voguevixen

• In Contestant's Row
    • Twitter
« Reply #13 on: December 14, 2009, 07:01:51 PM »
RE: random Rich shots...I think these are mostly A) when he screws up and B) During showcases.  This seemed kind of "what the hell, let's show Rich" and I think he was caught off guard too because he was wearing his glasses.  (He usually takes them off when he knows he's going to be on camera for some reason.)

That having been said I'm "glad" (not)  to see Hole in One was as long as I felt it was.  EGADS.  I actually lol'd when Drew rode the prop even though I'm sure he never expected it would roll away like that, heh. I think that was pretty professional...Though I got the vibe somehow he didn't remember they got two strokes (that's what she said) before someone reminded him?  He wasn't anywhere near the HIO prop when he had to run over for the "Hole in Two" announcement.  It was a kind of awkward segment all around.
I apologise in advance.

Offline BRB_TheFireball

• Double Showcase Winner
  • A Man Without A Forum
    • The Fireball on Golden-Road.net
« Reply #14 on: December 14, 2009, 09:42:38 PM »
Wow, whatever happened to Sedona being uber-expensive?

The Plinko hot streak is still alive!

Oh, God... what dumb bids on the Swiss Army watch.  Especially the $1 bid in first position.

Yay!  Hole in One! :P

A photo booth?  WTF?

Did anyone else think of Nickelodeon's "Get the Picture" when it was written, in the same font, no less, on the top of the photo booth?

I most certainly did.

My showcase bids:
:frbs: --$30,107
Golf--$17,107
Well, this week was supposed to be a return to normalcy, but that's clearly not allowed.  Since you feel there is no need for this week's FPG to continue, I feel there is no need to continue as an FPG host or a G-R.net member.  Since most people are so desperate to push me out of here, why delay it?  I would have preferred that everybody publicly admitted it rather than string me along for the last two days, but it is what it is.  I am hereby resigning as FPG host and moderator, effective immediately.  whammy007 is the new permanent host.  No R-rated rant or airing of grievances from me.  Just a polite "goodbye for good".

--Fireball to Chelsea, 1/15/16