Author Topic: FULL RECAP - TPiR 10/13/2006  (Read 36230 times)

Offline rob79

• Double Showcase Winner
Re: FULL RECAP - TPiR 10/13/2006
« Reply #15 on: October 13, 2006, 05:31:47 PM »
Eh, not the best show to end the week today in my opinion, sort of meh today.

Lucky 7: She'd have been in good shape if she'd said 7 or 8 for that first number. That's what hurt her.

1/2 Off: Oy, that hurts-play the front game perfectly, get shafted on the boxes. Oy.

Squeeze Play: Crapshoot here, I went with Jennifer as far as removing the 6. Fooled me.

One Away: Nice win here. 2nd straight playing the contestant only got 1 right on the first try.

Step Up: Whoa?! Wasn't expecting this. I wasn't sure which was more expensive the sp's or the picnic equipment. I bombed right off this time.

Hit Me: **Sigh** Again? Awful playing.

Offline Geoffrey Weagraff

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #16 on: October 13, 2006, 06:46:50 PM »
I couldn't believe that One Away, and the same thing happened earlier this season, which I had never seen happen before. Maybe from now on, the first number should be already given. I always wondered why it wasn't.

Offline Mallory16

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Icon by Gemma Moody
« Reply #17 on: October 13, 2006, 07:27:03 PM »
Blah.  I did not care for today's show much.  Today's show had little going for it, mostly just uninteresting contestants, and one particular contestant who really got under my skin.

First, I'll try being positive:  Ihor was a nice guy, even if he was obviously confused.  Barbara was enjoyable as well, and less confused to everything.  Too bad she lost Lucky $even.

Specifically, Linda really rubbed me the wrong way.  As far as Hit Me is concerned, what confuses me most is why she said she knew how to play Hit Me, when that clearly wasn't the case, since she picked a bad first product, and made absolutely no effort to try to recover.  There was no good reason for Linda to pick the crescent rolls, which was obviously neither the 2 nor the ace.  And once she did, there was no good reason for her to choose what obviously had to be the 10.  And once she had that, there was no good reason for her to pick the index cards:  she should have tried to pick a higher card.  Even if she thought it might've been the ace, looking for the ace was probably not the best move at that point, anyway.  Can't feel bad for her that she lost.

I'm so glad Linda didn't win the showcase showdown, and it's honestly got nothing to do with how she did Hit Me.  It's got everything to do with how she interfered with the wheel while it was spinning, which gave her the dollar.  It's possible that she might've gotten $1.00 if she decided to spin again, but the point was, that first spin should not have counted:  why was she trying to stop the wheel?!  I'm so glad Ihor got $1.00 too, and I'm so glad he beat Linda.  I'm also surprised that it looks like Nick's the only person to notice that so far.

I wonder why Hit Met has been getting so much play, anyway.  I thought I'd heard back in 2005 that much of the show staff didn't care for Hit Me, or something like that.  Unless I misunderstood.

GoldenBulldog wrote:  Even you have to admit that Holly's playing of "One Away" was just as exciting as Connie's.

But LiteBulb88 wrote:  I disagree, Bulldog, and the reason is the contestant's reaction: you knew we probably had an LFaT when Connie got all excited when she realized she only had one number right. Holly, on the other hand, reacted like she had no clue she had basically won the thing.

I completely agree with Britey.  Connie was a great contestant, with great reactions, and completely on the ball with what was going on.  Holly was bland and somewhat oblivious to her situation.  Connie's playing was a whole lot more fun for me.

Offline whinbaby

• Double Showcase Winner
  • No whining!
« Reply #18 on: October 13, 2006, 08:36:37 PM »
Show #6431

Showcase #1
Whirlpool Super Capacity Gas Range - $899
Side-by-Side Refrigerator with Accu-Chill - $999
Quiet Wash Plus Dishwasher - $519
Magnussen Valenza Dining Room (fourth showcase & overall appearance, third with a trip, second this season) - $6,050
Noritake Ardmore Platinum China - $1,775
Trip to Singapore - $8,447

Friggin' Random Trailer Showcase
Horizon Hobby T64HR Treadmill - $1,599
GA Systems Soda Fountain (first appearance this season) - $5,850
Giant RV Weekend Warrior Toy Hauler - $19,253*

*With the trailer's actual price, let's blast back to June 7.  The trailer was in the same showcase as the Danby 75-Bottle Wine Cooler.  That wine cooler is actually $699.  It's also pretty cool that three out of the four prizes from April 3's first showcase also appeared on today's show.

Modeling Report Card for October 13, 2006...Friday the 13th

And we got our first four-digit modeling total this season.  $9,157 is Shane Stirling's second lowest modeling total in her four years on Price.  It is not even half the price of the trailer.  Brandi modeled more than seven times that!

Shane's ten lowest modeling totals on Price as of October 13, 2006
1. $8,854 (February 21, 2006)
[color=9900FF]2. $9,157 (October 13, 2006)[/color]
3. $10,784 (January 8, 2003)
4. $12,249 (June 2, 2006)
5. $13,686 (May 14, 2003)
6. $14,165 (December 22, 2003)
7. $15,590 (May 1, 2003)
8. $15,802 (June 6, 2003)
9. $16,881 (June 8, 2006)
10. $17,369 (April 5, 2004)

Oh, and happy fourth anniversary on the show on Sunday, Shane!  Four years and over 3,000 prizes worth more than $17,000,000!  Here's some fruit & flowers.

You have seen 27 great prizes worth $119,370!

Offline edmojautis

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #19 on: October 13, 2006, 09:10:05 PM »
Barbara was a blast and I was sadden for her when losing Lucky 7. I knew that last digit was 4.
 :-(

1/2 off was played excellently and should've been won.

Squeeze Play...Next.

One Away has been on a roll!!

Step Up was unexpected and I knew the picnic equipment was the least expensive.

Hit Me...I'll stop here.

Enjoy your weekend.

Offline SteveGavazzi

• Loyal Friend and True &
  • Director
« Reply #20 on: October 13, 2006, 10:12:23 PM »
Lucky $even might have been lost, but Bob certainly did a heck of a job milking it.

Anyone know what was going on in California when this show taped that caused Bob to joke about everyone's lights being off?

Did anyone else get a kick out of it when Kimberly put the lid back on her box after she lost 1/2 Off?

The only win of the day, in One Away, was certainly exciting...but did anyone else get the feeling that Holly never quite grasped that she'd essentially been handed the car?

Ihor played Step Up pretty well.  Really, there was no way of knowing off the bat whether the appliances or the picnic totes were more expensive, and he played as smartly as could be done after the former's price was revealed.

It's a lucky thing that there was no way for Linda to win Hit Me after her third draw, because Bob made a potentially huge mistake at that point by saying that the house had to stay on 16.  I'm glad they didn't award her the prizes, since she'd already legitimately lost...but boy, that could have been bad.

And the second Showcase Showdown was weird, too.  First, Bob let through Linda's spin even though she'd clearly tampered with it while the wheel was in motion, and then he told her she'd be disqualified if her spin in the bonus spin-off didn't go all the way around (which I hope was a misstatement).  At least Ihor, whose spins were legitimately executed, ended up winning.
"Every game is somebody's favorite." -- Wise words from Roger Dobkowitz.

Offline rodroddyfan

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #21 on: October 13, 2006, 11:56:15 PM »
Well, being this was taped in late july, there could have been rolling blackouts that caused everyones power to go off.  I was almost wondering when bob mentioned richs power going off, if they would put him on camera.  And I did notice that roger and the cameras were pretty much squeezing rich into the picture.

Offline logikreader

« Reply #22 on: October 13, 2006, 11:57:49 PM »

Offline PriceFanArmadillo

• -This space for rent-
« Reply #23 on: October 14, 2006, 02:38:40 AM »

BRBTheFireball wrote:

That's why I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that we're probably gonna see more Hit Me and less Pappy (which had unusually easy setups and a very high win percentage last season) this season.  Roger might be counting on getting contestants that play Hit Me poorly.  That's the only explanation I can provide for that game showing up three weeks in a row.

Hit Me has a historically high win percentage too.  I think this was more "Roger playing with our heads" than anything. (note these two Hit Me playing were both on Fridays, like you said...)
Armadillo is exactly right - ClockGameJohn
---------------------------------------
The Here Moderates This Here Site Here Guy

Offline shellgame69

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #24 on: October 14, 2006, 10:08:47 AM »
Lucky 7: OW!  At least Bob made it more fun by milking it out.
I would have said 5.

Half Off: Kimberly was a Nice Contestant, and I really felt sorry for her loss.

One Away:
SteveGavazzi said:
The only win of the day, in One Away, was certainly exciting...but did anyone else get the feeling that Holly never quite grasped that she'd essentially been handed the car?

Yes, I didn't think Holly was excited until she changed the last 4 numbers. :-?

Step Up: Ihor made the right move by stopping at $1500 and is 3 prizes.

Hit Me: The Jack was the house's starting card.  The only two "food items" that would work are the Granola Bars and the Canned Pineapple.  When I saw Linda pick the Index cards, pineapple and rolls for a total of 16, I was thinking, "You better hope that the house has to draw and goes over, because 16 isn't going to cut it."  Sadly I was right. :-?

Showdown #2: YES!  2 $1000 winners, but I think Linda's weak spin was done on purpose.  I,too, felt very happy for Ihor when he eliminated Linda from the Showcase.

Showcases: That must have been the fastest SC reveals ever.  For Singapore, I would have gone with $14,000. I thought for sure Kimberly was over on the trailer.  I was eyeing my bid on $20,000.

Overall: Aside from the spinoff, Eh.  Not a fun show.

Online ClockGameJohn

• TPiR Alumnus &
  • Executive Producer
« Reply #25 on: October 14, 2006, 04:56:54 PM »
There was a rather historic moment on today's show.

Did you all catch it?
John

Offline shellgame69

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #26 on: October 14, 2006, 06:21:33 PM »
I believe that this is the first time the SC reveals were read very rapidly and Bart simply moved to Kimberly's podium instead of the usually cut to the wide screen.  Maybe it was used to save time, since the show was in speed mode after the second showdown.

Offline Aaron A. Camp

Re: FULL RECAP - TPiR 10/20/2006
« Reply #27 on: October 15, 2006, 10:11:42 PM »

Nick wrote:

GoldenBulldog wrote:
"One Away"...That was an EXCELLENT playing...definately YouTube worthy!

Hardly, she had four digits wrong on her initial guess.  That's hardly "excellent."  It is absolutely no help to play One Away in a fashion of trying to get the last four digits wrong intentionally.

The "Cover Up strategy" works quite well in One Away, for some reason or another.

Offline Jordanar18

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Currently, I live in the past.
« Reply #28 on: October 15, 2006, 10:28:08 PM »
The strategy in One Away is to get all the numbers right.

Offline actual_retail_tice

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #29 on: October 15, 2006, 10:57:17 PM »
If you intentionally use the "Cover Up strategy" in One Away, then you must know the correct price anyway. Why wouldn't you just set it to the right price the first time?