Author Topic: TPiR History Trivia Challenge  (Read 2442 times)

Offline JohnHolder

• Double Showcase Winner
TPiR History Trivia Challenge
« on: October 14, 2006, 11:45:14 PM »
I actually don't know the answer to this, and I wanted to ask some of our resident experts on the show's history.  Of course, I decided that the appropriate way to ask the question was in the form of a pricing game. :)

Eazy as 1-2-3...4

[1] [2] [3] [4]

The number of TPiR episodes hosted by:

Dennis James

Tom Kennedy

Doug Davidson

Bob Barker in a half-hour format

Show your math. :)

John

Offline hmtriplecrown

• Taking a Bonus Spin
Re: TPiR History Trivia Challenge
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2006, 12:01:15 AM »
JohnHolder wrote:
I actually don't know the answer to this, and I wanted to ask some of our resident experts on the show's history.  Of course, I decided that the appropriate way to ask the question was in the form of a pricing game. :)

Eazy as 1-2-3...4

[1] [2] [3] [4]

Dennis James

Tom Kennedy

Doug Davidson

Davidson is definitely the low man, around 65 but no more than 85.  James is in the middle at 195.  Barker is definitely the highest, somewhere around 700.

And then there's Mr. Kennedy.  Wouldn't Kennedy have hosted 195 as well, assuming there were 39 weeks of first run shows?

Offline SteveGavazzi

• Loyal Friend and True &
  • Director
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2006, 12:18:44 AM »
Ah, but James also hosted three daytime shows, so he narrowly edges Kennedy with 198.

It's a shame you wanted to do this as Eazy, John.  This could have made an interesting game of Clearance Sale.
"Every game is somebody's favorite." -- Wise words from Roger Dobkowitz.

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2006, 09:53:15 AM »

MikeK wrote:
JohnHolder wrote:

Eazy as 1-2-3...4

[1] [2] [3] [4]

Dennis James

Tom Kennedy

Doug Davidson

Davidson is definitely the low man, around 65 but no more than 85.  James is in the middle at 195.  Barker is definitely the highest, somewhere around 700.

And then there's Mr. Kennedy.  Wouldn't Kennedy have hosted 195 as well, assuming there were 39 weeks of first run shows?

Add approximately 117 episodes to Barker's half hour total for the 1977-80 weekly nighttime version.

Davidson was probably only 65 first run episodes, as they went into reruns starting on 12/12/94. I don't remember seeing new episodes in January 1995(when TNPIR aired locally at Noon on WTXF in Phila. for a few weeks, right after the daytime TPIR on WCAU, which was soon to switch affiliations with KYW NBC back then)

Kennedy's show was only a 35 week season. The last first run episode aired on 5/30/86, and I definitely remember a few weeks of Olson-announced episodes airing in April and May 1986.