Author Topic: FULL RECAP - TPiR 01/04/2010  (Read 18823 times)

Offline tpir73fan

• In Contestant's Row
Re: FULL RECAP - TPiR 01/04/2010
« Reply #30 on: January 05, 2010, 12:32:10 AM »
Come to think of it, the most widely known community in that city is its gay community...not that there's anything bad about that, of course, but it sure as heck hasn't got anything to do with Japanese seafood!

"Seinfeld" came immediately to mind when I read your post.

SF's Chinese community is arguably better known than it's Japanese community.  However, the gay community does have them all beat.  Not that there's anything bad about that... ;)
Dusitn w/ "Chicago" guitarist Keith Howland

Online brosa0

• Double Showcase Winner
  • The answer is meat
« Reply #31 on: January 05, 2010, 05:58:36 AM »
I agree that SC2 seemed a bit thrown together (san francisco wtf?), but how cool was the water slide in SC1!!   :biggrin:

Offline Drew72

• 5/2/2003
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • TPIR Alumnus
« Reply #32 on: January 05, 2010, 11:37:45 AM »
It was great to see the old footage (although it was a tiny picture).  It did make sense to focus just on Cynthia.  I'm assuming that it was inserted after the show was recorded.

Just one thing though... If Cynthia was on the show 31 years ago (1978), I'm wondering how she could have been playing for a Chevy Vega considering 1977 was the last model year.   That episode had to be older than that if she was in fact playing for a Vega.
Contestant - May 2, 2003 and played One Right Price - Won trips to Montreal and Mazatlan!

Offline Off_trak

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #33 on: January 05, 2010, 01:18:37 PM »
Really, dude...regardless of whether or not San Francisco actually has a large Japanese community, that's still a reference that's going to seem extremely random to most people.  Come to think of it, the most widely known community in that city is its gay community...not that there's anything bad about that, of course, but it sure as heck hasn't got anything to do with Japanese seafood!

First of all, don't call me "dude". Try having a little respect for the people on this board, and refer to them by their screen names. You come across as an impudent 16 year old brat calling a person "dude".

Secondly, if you're that narrow minded that you think San Francisco has little more than just it's gay community in terms of its culture; I suggest you tear yourself away from the television once and a while, and read a book or two. Just because you're completely unaware of the benefits and charms of the city, doesn't mean everyone else is just as ignorant.
"It's a SuperBall prize package worth $11,245!!

Offline mrbrown2195

• 11/6/2013
  • TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #34 on: January 05, 2010, 01:56:41 PM »
First of all, don't call me "dude". Try having a little respect for the people on this board, and refer to them by their screen names. You come across as an impudent 16 year old brat calling a person "dude".

No offense, but are we going to do this again?
"Ignoring others is imperative to my Golden Road experience." -me
"I measure trunk sizes by the 'dead hooker standard'." -me
I'm a gif.

Online SteveGavazzi

• Loyal Friend and True &
  • Director
« Reply #35 on: January 05, 2010, 08:37:06 PM »

No, I come off as someone who's dumbfounded as to why someone actually thought that script made any sense.

Secondly, if you're that narrow minded that you think San Francisco has little more than just it's gay community in terms of its culture; I suggest you tear yourself away from the television once and a while, and read a book or two. Just because you're completely unaware of the benefits and charms of the city, doesn't mean everyone else is just as ignorant.

1.)  I do a lot more reading than most people...enough, in fact, that I'm able to use the phrase "once in a while" correctly.

2.)  I don't give a damn what is in San Francisco.  I give a damn about what people perceive to be in San Francisco, and no matter how much you might try to argue otherwise, that isn't Japanese people and sushi restaurants.  It was an absolutely ridiculous thing to put in the script -- it isn't a connection your average viewer is going to make.
"Every game is somebody's favorite." -- Wise words from Roger Dobkowitz.

Offline JasonA1

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #36 on: January 05, 2010, 08:59:32 PM »
Using my own home state as an example, I know Michigan has a number of cherry pie events. But I wouldn't expect Rich to say "and grab a quality cherry pie on your trip to Michigan!!"

-Jason

Offline heelsrule1988

• Double Showcase Winner
    • My Deal or No Deal recaps
« Reply #37 on: January 06, 2010, 12:30:18 AM »
That water slide was really cool. Kind of an odd time of year to offer it, though. :lol:

BEST CONTESTANT OF THE DAY: Gisele
SHOW GRADE: 2