Author Topic: FULL RECAP - TPiR 01/06/2010  (Read 17227 times)

Offline PriceFanArmadillo

• -This space for rent-
Re: FULL RECAP - TPiR 01/06/2010
« Reply #30 on: January 07, 2010, 09:44:18 AM »
What was with all the crappy prizes?  You can't have everything be great, but it seemed liked today had an inordinate amount of crappy prizes.  Women's accessories, the wine stuff in showcase two, the bathroom vanity, car stereo, the lounge chair in the first game.
Just because you personally can't use a prize doesn't mean it's 'crappy'.  In my opinion, at least three of the above prizes are well above 'crap' level, and I'm sure others might think four or even all five of them are pretty swell.
Armadillo is exactly right - ClockGameJohn
---------------------------------------
The Here Moderates This Here Site Here Guy

Offline Grammar-Nazi

• Walking the Golden Road
  • Beware my red pen....
« Reply #31 on: January 07, 2010, 05:10:06 PM »
Two observations:

1) Jonna did not deserve to win Bonkers.

2) I don't understand the beef with That's Too Much on this board. Her choice was clearly wrong; there was barely a $600 difference between the two prices. The one (mostly) rule of thumb that works in this game is the first time the second number in the price jumps by more than 1, that's the right choice. That was true today. It was true Dec. 18. It wasn't true Dec. 23, but no one would expect that Honda to have been only $14K, so the rule still worked.
"If you watch television news, you will know less about the world than if you just drink gin straight out of the bottle." Garrison Keillor

Offline ElectricPeterTork

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #32 on: January 07, 2010, 05:43:54 PM »
Not to mention, you would think the people here would appreciate the fact that That's Too Much would reward a daily watcher who could obviously see that every time TTM is played, the winning spot is the 9th (or the second).

I thought this is what people wanted... games that rewarded people who watch daily.
Repeat to yourself "It's just a show, I should really just relax."

Offline SteveGavazzi

• Loyal Friend and True &
  • Director
« Reply #33 on: January 07, 2010, 10:19:01 PM »
Not to mention, you would think the people here would appreciate the fact that That's Too Much would reward a daily watcher who could obviously see that every time TTM is played, the winning spot is the 9th (or the second).

I thought this is what people wanted... games that rewarded people who watch daily.

I think the problem is that in the process, it totally screws over the other 99.99% of the population (which is probably why they're doing it, really).  Nobody expects the price to be that close to the start or the end of the line -- it just isn't how the human mind works.
"Every game is somebody's favorite." -- Wise words from Roger Dobkowitz.

Offline ElectricPeterTork

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #34 on: January 07, 2010, 11:28:24 PM »
I think the problem is that in the process, it totally screws over the other 99.99% of the population (which is probably why they're doing it, really).  Nobody expects the price to be that close to the start or the end of the line -- it just isn't how the human mind works.

That is true... people seem to love the middle. Range Game proves that. And, they've moved the price on Range Game back closer to the middle lately.

But how the contestants can justify something like the SUV from this episode being under 17k is amazing. Even if you don't know that the game is, essentially "That's The 9th One!", 17k just looks too low for an SUV.
Repeat to yourself "It's just a show, I should really just relax."

Offline thelegendarystm

• In the Audience
« Reply #35 on: January 08, 2010, 04:03:21 PM »
The one (mostly) rule of thumb that works in this game is the first time the second number in the price jumps by more than 1, that's the right choice. That was true today. It was true Dec. 18. It wasn't true Dec. 23, but no one would expect that Honda to have been only $14K, so the rule still worked.

I noticed that myself and popped on here to ask if that was a hidden little rule of thumb.  It went 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 22 for the thousands, and I thought, Hey, why not just wait for the one that skips?