Author Topic: CSS Results for October 16 - FINAL  (Read 3282 times)

Offline BuddyTom

• Double Showcase Winner
  • It says what it means.
CSS Results for October 16 - FINAL
« on: October 16, 2006, 02:27:34 PM »
EDIT: The price of SC1 has been verified with TPIR: It was $21,350. This gives the results as follows:

DSWs to rcbought, FPGWillyT, joechopchop and Gatorman. rcbought wins in points but scores no money. FPGWillyT wins the money for both, and then, off the DSW platform, namnhu12 snags cash for the trip to Australia.

Today's episode of CSS is subtitled "The Mustang Strikes Again." Since the first two prizes in that showcase were very low in value (I estimated them at around $1500), it all hinged on the Mustang. It was a coupe, and it's the V6 Deluxe model (memorize this: V6 Deluxe = Cheapest).

As if that weren't enough, we couldn't quite understand what Bob said as he read off the Actual Retail Price (as the stage contestant was over by $10K it didn't really matter). This has now been fixed.

Then throw in a living room/Australia trip which many of us underpriced a bit, and you've got one interesting day in CSS.

CHATROOM SHOWCASE SHOWOFF
Results for October 16, 2006 -- Game 20
BuddyTom
CSS Host emeritus (served 2006-10)

-- Freude!

Offline Jordanar18

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Currently, I live in the past.
Re: CSS Results for October 16 Will Be Late
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2006, 12:34:54 AM »
In the recap thread for today's show, Jacob Wilkey wrtoe:

Showcase #1
Cellular Phone - $130
American Tourister iLight Luggage - $800.
2007 Ford Mustang V6 Coupe Deluxe Coupe - $20,320

This adds up to $21,250.  

The closed captioning said it was $21,216, but I heard Bob say the price again, and it was clearly wrong.  :-?

Offline FieldsFan336

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Pika!
    • Behind the Microphone: The Rich Fields Fan Site
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2006, 12:41:18 AM »
God, Mondays just aren't my day right now.  It was the second Monday in a row that I went over on one and garfed on the other

And it was a painful overbid for me at that...over by $773 :-(  Maybe Wednesday will be a little better
Rich Fields' #1 Fan for Life / 2011 CSS playoffs bronze medalist / Blitz Club (sole survivor of the Survivor special) / First QSW 5/9/23

Offline BuddyTom

• Double Showcase Winner
  • It says what it means.
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2006, 06:30:43 AM »
$21,216 is clearly wrong.

$21,215 is a possibility. "Fifty" and "Fifteen" sound pretty close to each other.

I've never encountered a situation like this where a difference of $34 RADICALLY changes the outcome of the CSS. Short of calling up Roger and asking him what the ARP was, I'm honestly not sure what to do. I hate to say it, but if I can't reliably nail down the ARP, I may have to say that this entire day is void.

I would welcome suggestions. I don't want to make a completely unilateral decision, but I can't really think of any other way to be completely fair.
BuddyTom
CSS Host emeritus (served 2006-10)

-- Freude!

Offline LiteBulb88

• 4/15/2019
  • TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2006, 07:00:08 AM »
In a case like this, with that many people having the difference between overs & DSWs, it would be unfair to guess what the ARP should be.  I'm not sure where Jacob Wilkey gets his prices from, but if they're official sources, I'd say go by his totals.  If not, then you'll either have to call the Dob or throw it out.

Offline Robair

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Is this thing on?
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2006, 08:19:02 AM »
If Marc or Clock Game John are in chat today and if TPIR is in production this week, I don't think it would snip Roger off too much for a confirmation of the price of the showcase. He knows we're religious about this FPG thing, and he'll also probably know we're just as no matter what other side games we play on the site here. So if either of those fellers are there, perhaps we could gently persuade either of them to call the Dob.
We'll think of a signature. Don't worry.

Offline joechopchop

• Taking a Bonus Spin
    • My Myspace Page
« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2006, 11:08:20 AM »

BuddyTom wrote:
$21,216 is clearly wrong.

$21,215 is a possibility. "Fifty" and "Fifteen" sound pretty close to each other.
Yeah.  For a moment, I thought I had a DSW.

Offline ClockGameJohn

• TPiR Alumnus &
  • Executive Producer
« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2006, 12:46:24 PM »
I have confirmed the correct pricing from the Show and posted it in the Recap thread.

The bad news is that some DSWs will be taken away.

The good news is that some other DSWs will be awarded.
John

Offline joechopchop

• Taking a Bonus Spin
    • My Myspace Page
Re: CSS Results for October 16 - FINAL
« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2006, 06:31:46 PM »
Well...this IS interesting. :hammer:  :hammer:  :hammer:  :hammer:  :hammer:

Offline sideshowPA

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2006, 06:37:20 PM »
Great...now I win the prize as first man over, by 50 bucks...
"I don't want to hear disorganized beeping." - Bob Barker

Offline gauchodirk

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2006, 07:54:05 PM »
I love a good CSS controversy!  Well, not controversy really, but the whole confusion is still pretty fascinating.  And I wasn't even close to the Mustang, stupidly thinking the luggage was much more expensive than it was.  Won't make that mistake again.

Oh, and I said at the end of chat, after reviewing it on my DVR, that the price was $21,350.  At least my instincts on something turned out to be correct.  :-D