Author Topic: FULL RECAP - TPiR 01/08/2010  (Read 12638 times)

Offline SenorBeef

• In Contestant's Row
Re: FULL RECAP - TPiR 01/08/2010
« Reply #30 on: January 09, 2010, 06:27:58 PM »
I wonder if that has ever happened - a contestant ending up with just a buck in this game.
Happened less than a month ago, on the December 18 episode. The target price was $4.50 and the contestant's first pick was cooking oil, worth $4.99.

Offline SpunkyMunky

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #31 on: January 09, 2010, 10:27:46 PM »
Happened less than a month ago, on the December 18 episode. The target price was $4.50 and the contestant's first pick was cooking oil, worth $4.99.

Oh, that's right! I did see that episode. I don't know if I would have won the 10 grand, but I would have chosen a few other items before choosing that cooking oil.

Offline thewhammy_2000

• Double Showcase Winner
    • The FunDMental Game Show Site
« Reply #32 on: January 10, 2010, 11:28:09 PM »
Switcheroo: Once again, I got a little upset that Drew did not give the option to keep the three prizes Florence has already got right. However, with her second chance, I said, "I think she won the car." And I was right!

One Wrong Price: Once again, the prize I wanted to avoid was the prize I should have picked. I was totally leaning towards the hot dog cart.

Squeeze Play: My natural instinct wanted me to take away the 4 and leave the second 9. I had a little thought about taking out the first 9, though.

Push Over: I could not believe what I heard! I had to give my friend a little trivia about the three cues used in Safe Crackers. All I could think about was Tempty's videos that featured the cue. As a matter of fact, I'm playing the "Long playing..." video as I type. However, I had to focus on the game. Seemed like another tricky one to me. I wanted to use the cheapest four-digit possibility, like 7098. Darn. Spectacle was awesome, though.

One Away: Whenever a contestant says anything different than the usual "O Mighty Sound Effects Lady" routine, I think s/he would get very few numbers right. Again, I couldn't think of the right choices, but I didn't think the new price seemed right.

One Bid 6: Even I thought Rich said the same Michelle twice. Here I am saying to this Michelle, "Knock [Rikki] out!" but she instead tried to knock Lorraine out. Drat.

grand game. i knew it wasnt the diet drinks but that pizza is trickable and why do a contestant want to stop at 100

Showcases: We gotta bring out that Benz convertible again with all those trips and Miss America, huh?
My somewhat popular YouTube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/thewhammy83 for Price, PYL, and other game shows.