Author Topic: Fireball's Episode #16... and the series  (Read 21067 times)

Offline BRB_TheFireball

• Double Showcase Winner
  • A Man Without A Forum
    • The Fireball on Golden-Road.net
Fireball's Episode #16... and the series
« on: January 14, 2010, 09:04:33 PM »
They say 16 is sweet.  Well, 16 could be sweet for a few people here because it is time for the 16th episode of "Fireball's Price Is Right"!

We've had a lot of fun on "Fireball's Price Is Right" over the last 4 1/2 years.  We've given away lots of cash and prizes.  We've had lots of great moments, from the miracle wins to the evil pricing game setups.  But most of all, we've had dozens of great contestants.  Hey, if it wasn't for all of you, this show would never have had the amazing run that it has had.

But as another old saying goes, all good things must come to an end.  So it is with a heavy heart that I announce that I will be retiring as host of "The Price Is Right" after this episode.  As many of you know, I am currently in my final semester of seminary studies.  This means that my graduation and my ordination as a pastor is just a few months away.  And that, my friends, will make it nearly impossible for me to maintain a regular presence on this forum.  I have to move on eventually, and I believe this is the right time to do so.

Now, given all of that, what do you say we make this 16th and final episode the best one ever?  In order to make this the best episode ever, I need the best contestants ever.  I'm going to do something that I have never done in all of my years of hosting TPIR.  I'm going to put on my Stan Blits hat and hold auditions for TPIR contestants.  In the past, all of you simply had to post in order to be considered to be a contestant and then you would be placed into a drawing.  This time, you'll have to earn your way into Contestants Row.

In order to be considered for this series finale, you must write in your post why you want to be on the show.  The best and most creative people will have the best chance of being on the show.

And now, for the final time, here are The Rules®:

1. Potential contestants must meet the eligibility requirements, as posted in the Rules page on this subforum, in order to participate on the show.
2. Deadlines to bid, play your PG, or spin the Big Wheel is 48 hours.  Miss your deadline and you're out.
3. I'll PM all contestants who are called to come on down.  From then on, it's your responsibility to watch this thread.
4. Audience participation (i.e., yelling out prices and other suggestions) is strongly encouraged.
5. Good luck, have fun, and party like it's 1999 2012!

I'll accept audition tapes until Monday afternoon at 4 PM Eastern.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2010, 02:14:42 PM by Frank15 »
Well, this week was supposed to be a return to normalcy, but that's clearly not allowed.  Since you feel there is no need for this week's FPG to continue, I feel there is no need to continue as an FPG host or a G-R.net member.  Since most people are so desperate to push me out of here, why delay it?  I would have preferred that everybody publicly admitted it rather than string me along for the last two days, but it is what it is.  I am hereby resigning as FPG host and moderator, effective immediately.  whammy007 is the new permanent host.  No R-rated rant or airing of grievances from me.  Just a polite "goodbye for good".

--Fireball to Chelsea, 1/15/16

Offline catfan2002

• Double Showcase Winner
    • my facebook page
Re: Fireball's Episode #16 -- AUDITIONS!
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2010, 09:51:53 PM »
I think I should be considered because i'm always quick to respond to posts when its my turn I always make my deadlines and would bring alot of fun to the show and up my winnings total as well :-)  Please consider picking me and good luck in being a pastor.
http://bigeastsports.blogspot.com/

HYO winnings: $125,862 and counting

Offline 88JRFAN

• Double Showcase Winner
  • HAPPY 52ND SEASON, PRICE!!!
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2010, 10:16:37 PM »
I think I should be considered because I am never late to post my bids or pricing game guesses. I also know all the rules of the active pricing games on TPiR. Please choose me as a contestant  :biggrin:
HAPPY 52ND SEASON, PRICE!!!

Offline therealcu2010

• Director
  • Acknowledge Me!
    • Buy a Vowel Boards, A Wheel of Fortune Community
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2010, 12:16:11 AM »
Why should you pick me? Well, I could give a totally boring response, such as "I'm a great contestant and will make your show better", but that would crimp my style...not to mention that I'm really not a great contestant.  Instead, however, I will say that you should pick me because this is your final chance to get even with me from those two live shows of mine and slap my trademark Freaking Random Evil All-Trip Multiprizer on me and see how much I like it. :D

(Though, knowing my luck, I'll totally thwart that plan and actually win. :D )
"Nobody cares about the guest stars." - Roger Dobkowitz

"Change isn't always good. Sometimes changing things is a terrible mistake." - Bob Barker

People are tired of the f**kery and drama, but if we'd actually talk to each other sometimes instead of a whole bunch of private conversations with other people, it'd go a long way to perhaps fixing the problems most seem to see in the site.

Offline Flerbert419

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2010, 12:46:36 AM »
You should probably pick me because I know to stop at 2 or 9 during That's Too Much!
"The most famous game on The Price is Right is Plinko..." "Which I don't get, honestly."
~ Drew Carey to Chris Wallace, aired January 26, 2024

Offline wpghi5

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2010, 01:16:02 AM »
I think you should pick me Fireball because I'm so anxious to have my turn to bid on something or making my guess while playing a PG!  :-D And no doubt I do it right away and always make my deadline!  :-D Plus I also know the rules to all the PG's including the retired ones!  :-D And whatever prize you bring to me I am willing to work my butt off to win that prize!  :-D It's been great to be a part of your HYO's Fireball!  :biggrin: It would be such a joy for me to be included in your final show!  :biggrin: I wish luck on being a pastor!  :biggrin: I know that God is going to love you!  :biggrin:

Offline Rlotpir1972

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2010, 01:52:01 AM »
I believe you should pick me, because I had watched "The Price is Right" since the 1972 debut.  I was only 4 months old when that show started airing and enjoyed contestants WINNING prizes.  I had memorized ALL the pricing games from ANY NUMBER to GAS MONEY...including the retired pricing games.  I like SUPERBALL the most and I'm planning to bring a new pricing game to the show in the near future.  Check out my topic from "Out of Left Field" if you haven't yet.  I see that as a winner, and I want to be a winner on YOUR final show.

Offline Macsen

• Retro Recap Guide
  • The mythical, elusive S39-S40 Recap Guide
    • Twitch streaming
« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2010, 07:36:21 AM »
"Vaya con dios, Jose!"

A little The Right Stuff humor. :P

And yes, count me in! :biggrin:
"Kitch? Yes, that is what they used to call me..."

Offline Factory Head Noland

• Walking the Golden Road
  • French fries.
« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2010, 07:02:51 PM »
Please make me come on down today;
I know all the rules, I'll obey,
I write good poems too
So I can join you
And that's all that I have to say.
- Noland
COUNTROUND
Only 2 Spots Left -- PM Me to Register!

Offline Prizes

• Director
  • Took a swing and my drive found twine!
    • Buy a Vowel Boards, a WOF Community
« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2010, 07:50:22 PM »
Hey, Firey, this one's for you, because I know you rap, yourself. (I've never tried writing rap lyrics; but I can rap, should I choose to do so.)

I'm in da Fire crib
Getta holda mai Grip!
You ain't stopping me from getting up on there
One thing for shor, I ain't splittin' no hair.
Show me some floor, Show me some Cool Rides, man
How else do I show me some new Tan?

This place is smokin', I got all da' skills
I never run late; gotta get me some thrills

I get the stuff, on the floor
Gonna win me some mo'- For Sho'

Then I spin some Wheel so large, winnin' some money
I go in get some Hunny fo' Winnie.

Then it a race
Off to the big Showcase

I go winnah, hand in hand
Maybe thinking me- start up a band?

(Pick me for my rap.)

EDIT: You're becoming a pastor, which is completely awesome, since I value my religion very highly in my life. Way to go, nothing but the best.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2010, 08:02:02 PM by prizes22 »
Hard work increases the probability of serendipity. —Ken Poirot

Finally made it in life!

Offline UniquePerspective

• Double Showcase Winner
  • The More You Know.
« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2010, 08:05:32 PM »
I wish to play.

And why would pick me, you may ask? It's very simple. I have several things in my hand. One is the magic postcard for Millionaire. And another is the document to send to Meredith Viera, that will throw a fourth lifeline into the show. The "Let People Named Firey Phone A Friend" Lifeline. That's right, I'll have them bring phone-a-friend back just for you, and your apprecation. And the final thing is a Computer Expert In A Box, that will allow you to get internet back at your work place for good. And all of these can be yours, if I'm chosen.
Yeah...let's make this current shall we?

Season 39 CSS Stats:
Games: 7 Top 10 Finishes: 2 Top 5 Finishes: 1 Overs: 3 DSW:0 WSD: 0 GOTC: 3 WOTC: 0

Offline pricefan1991

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #11 on: January 15, 2010, 08:53:32 PM »
I believe I would be a good contestant because I know how to build excitement and add to whatever show I'm on.

Offline sjd93

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #12 on: January 16, 2010, 09:39:04 AM »
I'll sign up. I think you should pick me because I know I can make your last show memorable. Also, I know how to play every single game (yes, even Check Game,) and I won't miss deadlines.
I find it ironic how the show tries to mix up the prizes and offer "cool" things like over-stuffed trips and impossible to price items to make the show less "predictable." Yet, the same things happen every single time a show airs.

-temptation1979ga

Offline sideshowPA

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #13 on: January 16, 2010, 10:12:05 AM »
You should pick me to play because I have a great beat and you can dance to me. 
"I don't want to hear disorganized beeping." - Bob Barker

Offline nowhammies11

• Double Showcase Winner
  • The blood of angry men, the dark of ages past
    • The Whammy's Blog
« Reply #14 on: January 16, 2010, 11:48:06 AM »
What everybody else said... plus bacon.   :-D

Seriously though, I've been a fan of Price for years and I've loved every moment.
YOU CAN NEVER STOP :clipboard: